Forum home Babies Baby

August 2019 Babies

Hello!

This is a new thread for the lovely people from our Due in August 2019 Birth Club who have given birth to an equally lovely baby – and we reckon you deserve a shiny new thread to chat on.

If you've not been part of the Due in August 2019 Birth Club so far but have a baby born around August 2019, do please feel free to post and join in. 

Don't forget to bookmark the new thread by hitting the green star ⭐️next to the thread title, so you don't miss out on any notifications. 

Replies

• Ladies I hope you will don't mind for me to join this group although my boy is not an August baby 
  • Of course not @Sigsauer... Lots of the August babies have ended up as July babies anyway 😉

Esther is now 4 weeks old. Not sure if she's having a growth spurt but the last 24 hours she's been feeding LOTS. Zzzzz.....
  • @ThuperRah same here, constant feeding in morning and late afternoon/nighttime
  • After a while shes on the breast but nothing is coming out and i cant hear any swallowing but she is content to stay on it. Think she drinks me dry several times a day
  • Same here...he had 3 very heavy nappies during the night cos he been on breast all night ...
    Cai likes to stay awake at night...he is not crying,just wide awake and asks for attention from about 12am till 4am ...well all I can say Thanks God for coffee and Netflix 🤣🤣

• The only way I'm getting anything done today!
  • @ThuperRah what carrier is that? Im looking to get one and theres sooooo many to choose from

• Looks like the one we have
  • It's one of these: 
    https://www.hanababy.co.uk/standard-wraps/
    Really easy to tie and so comfy.
  • ThuperRah said:
    It's one of these: 
    https://www.hanababy.co.uk/standard-wraps/
    Really easy to tie and so comfy.
    😍 I want one...but my husband will kill me if I will bring home another carrier...already have 5 🤣..but you need different colours carri rs for different occasions,right? 😁

We had horrible weather last night, and think Cai didn't liked sound of wind,as he woke up for cuddle every hour after 1am and when I thought how good sleep we had as he missed feed for an hour....so at 5am (when my husband waking up for work) I took Cai in our bed so get a bit of sleep. I just woke up as I felt my sheets are wet... thought my milk leaked,nope... it's nappy 😣  too much wee in one....joy of being mommy 😁
  • Love the look of that wrap @thumper123. Think I’ll order one too. I’ve been trying to find one but wasn’t sure which type. Do you think it’ll be ok size wise if the mum’s a bit bigger?
    xxx
  • Sorry- I’ve attached the wrong name completely, I meant @ThuperRah. Xxxx
  • ThuperRahThuperRah Regular
    edited Aug 11, 2019 7:01AM
    @EmJ3 absolutely, that's the joy of the wrap. My 6'7" step dad can use it, as well as 5'3 me - you just end up more or less fabric to tie off at the end. I borrowed one from a friend back when I was a size 18 and still had plenty of fabric x
  • Brill thanks @ThuperRah! I feel enormous at the moment!!xx
  • Well ive def given birth to my partners twin. She looks so much like him he may as well have carried her for the 9 months. 

• How’s everyones little ones doing? 

Im just waiting for Autumns umbilical cord to fall off, it’s slowly getting there. Letting some air get to it today to dry it out a little more, as you can see she’s very chilled out 😂 bless her x

• Awww @Jades2409 she looks very chilled! She’s just gorgeous!!!
    we took Matilda for a little newborn photo shoot on Monday. It was lovely.
  • We are doing well thank you! 2 1/2 weeks old already! Surviving on my own with 2 children  now hubby is back at work! Dexter went swimming yesterday for the first time and then had his first trip to the zoo!
  • @SaoirseK, your little one is Defo her daddy’s double!!! She’s gorgeous.xxx