Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Anyone TTC September?

Hi Everyone!
I know i am fairly early with a discussion board as people will most likely be in their TWW but wondered if anyone else is in the same boat and TTC for month of September and wanted to share, tips, info, stories and offer general support to each other?

We have been TTC for 20 months without success but had August off as had to get an MMR immunization at the beginning of the month and now raring to go again for month of September!
I had a full private fertility MOT this month, scans, bloods, Hycosy, OH had semen tested - and everything came back A OK so a bit confused as to why it hasn't happened yet... Doctor ruled Unexplained & to keep trying as we are both fairly young.
We will be IVFing start of next year but obviously would be ideal if we conceived naturally.

AF due on 

I have found speaking to like minded people on this forum extremely helpful and such a great way to support and be supported :)

All fingers crossed for BFP'S all round! xx

Replies

• Hi
    My TWW ended with AF in August... I am now CD 6 and TTC for September. Would love to share notes.
    DH is going for a semen analysis tomorrow ... fingers crossed that everything should be ok.
    Have been TTC  for 4 months... this will be our 5th cycle... doc says to try for 6 months before we opt for any fertility treatments.
    What CD are you ? Do you check for your ovulation dates and how?
  • Latte96Latte96 Regular
    edited Aug 19, 2019 9:17PM
    August is our 1 year anniversary since we TTC. Feeling sad, that it still hasn’t happen. We got married, travelled the world, bought a house and were ready to welcome a little one.... still nothing. So fingers crossed for September. Bring it on! Lots of lots baby dust to all of us!!!
  • @SwithR Hi!
    I'm a little behind you, AF is due around the end of the month so looking to get busy around 10th of Sept! TTC for 4 months is still early, as far as i'm aware. Try to have fun with it!
    I started using cycle apps 12 months after TTC. I used Natural Cycles but now use an app called Fermomiter which find a lot better. It gives you an idea of your Cycle and after a few months of tracking it pinpoints what day you should ovulate. Only negative for me is that it becomes very obsessive.
    I am also trying pre-seed for the first time this month after being recommended by so many different people on here. Its a fertility lube of all things! You can pick it up in boots so i will let you how that's going when we start.
    Can i ask if you are trying for your first?
    Got all fingers crossed for a positive result from the SA tomorrow - my OH had to wait a week for results. xxx

@Latte96
    i hear you on the milestone sadness. When i hit a year with nothing i did get very sad, and then it suddenly felt like everyone was falling pregnant at the drop of a hat! i'm going to be 30 in November and i think that will hit me quite hard as been trying for what seems like forever. I was starting to loose hope but after hearing all the positive results from the private check we had done its given me a little hope.
    What CD are you on now? Have you had any checks? xx

......And yes ladies! Baby dust for everyone!
  • @x-Alice-x... yes we are trying for our first.... infact we have only been married for 4 months which is since when we have been trying.
    But I am 33 and DH is 34 so my age is a worrying factor for me.
    I used OPKs for a couple of cycles but it made me crazy so I have stopped that now.... just try to BD every other day during the fertile period (day 8 to 18).
    What about u? Trying for your first?
  • @SwithR same here - TTC for my first. OH has two daughters from before.
    I did have a termination when i was 19 (which i'm regretting more as the months go on) so i know it can happen....but on wards and upwards!
    I know in terms of TTC 4 months might seem forever but as far as i can tell you are in your prime time! Were your previously on the pill? your body might be taking a little time to adjust?
    I am a little obsessed with LH tests i have to say. Maybe this cycle i throw all of that out the window and do what you have suggested....food for thought for sure.
    x

• No have never been on the pill... cycles have been completely regular ever since I first got them.
    I did have high thyroid which is now in check with medication (been on thyroid medication for 2 months now).
    I am overweight so that's probably a negating factor in conceiving. And losing weight is a real struggle for me.
  • @SwithR what med have you been prescribed? - my doctor has just picked up on a blood test (from may!) that indicates i have a hyperactive thyroid myself (phone call morning) so i am going for another blood test this week to confirm. 
    People do say weight is a contributing factor to fertility but my sister just fell pregnant and she is around 18 stone. Have the doctors suggested any weight loss programmes to try? x
  • edited Aug 23, 2019 10:33AM
    Meeeee, i'm currently CD10. What days are you ladies? I have my fingers crossed for you all. Hopefully you'll get your '1 year anniversary' news of a bubba on the way!

We get married in September and i'm due AF 2 days after the wedding. Who's betting she comes early? 😂 I'm going to put my 'period pants' on and a pad because I just have a feeling she's gonna show up on my wedding day like heyyy i'm here for the party too 😂

Has anyone tried the menstrual cups? I can't wear tampons they make me feel funny but I have started to consider a cup incase I do come on for the wedding day...couldn't think of anything worse than trying to change a pad with a wedding dress on 
    😖
  • x-Alice-x said:
    @SwithR what med have you been prescribed? - my doctor has just picked up on a blood test (from may!) that indicates i have a hyperactive thyroid myself (phone call morning) so i am going for another blood test this week to confirm. 
    People do say weight is a contributing factor to fertility but my sister just fell pregnant and she is around 18 stone. Have the doctors suggested any weight loss programmes to try? x
    Hi... so I am on a medicine called Eltroxin (also known as Thyroxine) 50mcg 6 days a week.... this brought my thyroid levels down in just 6 weeks..  
    The latest update unfortunately is that DHs semen analysis results are out and he has low sperm count (9.6mn per ejaculate). That's probably what's not letting us conceive.
    So we start visits to a fertility doctor from Monday but are still gonna TTC in September.
    My OBGYN has ofcourse recommended I lose weight no specific weight loss programme.... just cut down sugars and exercise regularly which I am trying my best to do.
    Are your DHs SA results back?
  • @SwithR I see - ill get my bloods back for the thyroid in around a week. hopefully med's for that will increase my chances as it seems my OH and i have no other problems :/

Ahhh, well at least you have an answer now and you can go from there. Im not sure if you've already looked into treatments or not but the doctor we saw did say there are options if my OH SA came back as low. Just think knowledge is power and at least you are both now in a position to make choices. Please let me know how the appointment goes!

SA for us came back as good, no blocked tubes, hormones are all in check and i have a good ovarian reserve. Private doc we saw has deemed 'unexplained' so i guess we will just keep trying. 20 months is a very long time and i do sometimes loose hope but i feel September being our month!

Hopefully i can get some med's for my thyroid and that will help somewhat.
    When are you due to ovulate? xx
  • @beautyandthebump hi!! :)

CD 10? You must be getting ready to ovulate now! - keep positive and have fun :) i have everything crossed for you too. What day are you getting married?!?! Wow what a month this is for you!!

Never tried cups i'm afraid but yes the idea of changing pads and tampons sounds dreadful! - do you have a big dress?

AF is due on Monday for me so i'm way behind you but still determined for September to be our month! I have never actually wanted AF to arrive as its usually disappointing but as we weren't able to TTC in August i'm actually dying for AF to arrive so i can start the cycle!  >:)  xxx

• x-Alice-x said:
    @SwithR I see - ill get my bloods back for the thyroid in around a week. hopefully med's for that will increase my chances as it seems my OH and i have no other problems :/

Ahhh, well at least you have an answer now and you can go from there. Im not sure if you've already looked into treatments or not but the doctor we saw did say there are options if my OH SA came back as low. Just think knowledge is power and at least you are both now in a position to make choices. Please let me know how the appointment goes!

SA for us came back as good, no blocked tubes, hormones are all in check and i have a good ovarian reserve. Private doc we saw has deemed 'unexplained' so i guess we will just keep trying. 20 months is a very long time and i do sometimes loose hope but i feel September being our month!

Hopefully i can get some med's for my thyroid and that will help somewhat.
    When are you due to ovulate? xx
    My ovarian reserve test result is due tomorrow.... rest have come normal. 
    I am on CD 9 as per Flo due to ovulate on CD 12 which is the same as my doc appointment day. Yes will update once we see the doc.
    Have you'll looked at options such as IUI or IVF ? My sister in law also didnt conceive naturally.... unexplained.... but conceived her son in her first IVF cycle... he's a healthy 12 year old today... :-)
  • Hey ladies! I am currently in my third cycle TTC my second child. My son is 7 years old and DH and I decided we want another before we get too much older (had son at 19, just turned 27 Wednesday). I am currently on CD17 and just got my positive OPK today, so should ovulate tomorrow. Husband and I have BD every other day my whole cycle since ending my period. I also used preseed for the first time this cycle, so I’m hoping it does some good. AF is due for me on September 8th
  • Hi ladies .... an update after by meeting my gynaec.... she has put DH on a bunch of fertility drugs to increase his sperm count... she has also put me on metital 500 to regulate my sugar while TTC... I have heard it has a bunch of nasty side effects like nausea vomiting etc.. anyone experienced this medicine?
  • x-Alice-x said:
    @beautyandthebump hi!! :)

CD 10? You must be getting ready to ovulate now! - keep positive and have fun :) i have everything crossed for you too. What day are you getting married?!?! Wow what a month this is for you!!

Never tried cups i'm afraid but yes the idea of changing pads and tampons sounds dreadful! - do you have a big dress?

AF is due on Monday for me so i'm way behind you but still determined for September to be our month! I have never actually wanted AF to arrive as its usually disappointing but as we weren't able to TTC in August i'm actually dying for AF to arrive so i can start the cycle!  >:)  xxx

No my cycles are about 400 years long (38 days 🤣) so I have a while yet. I dont ov until around cd24 and I'm only cd13 🙄 hopefully your AF had arrived today 🙊 by the time you're done we might be ovulating at the same time!
  • Hey ladies, back after a long bank holiday! Currently on CD 4 so AF came early! my brain and body are raring to go for this month! :) I'm dreaming about being pregnant again which i worry means i'm putting too much stress on myself. Eeeek. Its so hard not to obsess when i've been trying so long with no answers as to why its not happened :(

@Rachel.a21 nice to  meet you! I have all fingers crossed that all went well for you this month! did you manage to DTD at the right times? I am going to use Preeseed for the first time this cycle! please tell me what you think so far - i'm a bit nervous to use it!
    Any tips? How long was it to conceive your first? x

@SwithR i haven't used that medication before so i couldn't comment too much, its really positive to hear that all avenues are being explored though and i think anything is worth a shot. When do you start the medication? what CD are you on now?
    Also to your earlier question - i have looked into IVF but really that will be a last resort for us, as we have been trying for SOOO long now we have committed to keep trying until the end of the year and look further into clinics abroad in early 2020. How long had your sister tried before conceiving? x

@beautyandthebump that is a long cycle! does it vary or are you consistently 38 days?! i am now on CD 4 so maybe we will, i expect ovulation between 4th-7th September but i do vary. We will just try to DTD every day on that week! Using pre-seed this month for the first time, hopefully that helps! x

I'm really hoping at least one of us gets to post that positive test this month Girlies! <3  x
  • Rachel.a21Rachel.a21 Regular
    edited Aug 27, 2019 11:33AM
    @x-Alice-x We BD 5 times within my fertile window including day of ovulation, so I’m hoping! I don’t know if preseed worked yet, but I did like it! I definitely feel like it would help sperm swim where they need to. I’ll keep you updated when I test. It took one time to conceive my first. He was conceiving unexpectedly the first time my husband and I ever had sex together. I know, it’s annoying when that happens to people lol but now I’m dealing with actually trying and it’s sooo different. Also for preseed, it says to use 3-4 of the tube size... DON’T! That’s way too much. I used anywhere from 1-2 and that was more than enough and was very slippery during sex
  • x-Alice-x said:
    Hey ladies, back after a long bank holiday! Currently on CD 4 so AF came early! my brain and body are raring to go for this month! :) I'm dreaming about being pregnant again which i worry means i'm putting too much stress on myself. Eeeek. Its so hard not to obsess when i've been trying so long with no answers as to why its not happened :(

@Rachel.a21 nice to  meet you! I have all fingers crossed that all went well for you this month! did you manage to DTD at the right times? I am going to use Preeseed for the first time this cycle! please tell me what you think so far - i'm a bit nervous to use it!
    Any tips? How long was it to conceive your first? x

@SwithR i haven't used that medication before so i couldn't comment too much, its really positive to hear that all avenues are being explored though and i think anything is worth a shot. When do you start the medication? what CD are you on now?
    Also to your earlier question - i have looked into IVF but really that will be a last resort for us, as we have been trying for SOOO long now we have committed to keep trying until the end of the year and look further into clinics abroad in early 2020. How long had your sister tried before conceiving? x

@beautyandthebump that is a long cycle! does it vary or are you consistently 38 days?! i am now on CD 4 so maybe we will, i expect ovulation between 4th-7th September but i do vary. We will just try to DTD every day on that week! Using pre-seed this month for the first time, hopefully that helps! x

I'm really hoping at least one of us gets to post that positive test this month Girlies! <3  x
    I am on CD 13 (as per Flo no OPKs)... So BD is on in full swing...started the medication last night.... it's a 3 month course
    My sister in law tried for around 2 years before opting for IVF. 
    My other sister also tried for around 15 months before conceiving naturally with her first baby (now 2 years) and much to her surprise she fell pregnant again unplanned few months ago
    Yes even we are giving ourselves till the end of the year before looking at IUI and IVF
  • Hello ladies, You mind if i join?
    This month will be 16th month of TTC and got my AF on 24th aug so definitely out of August and entering TTC Sept. Just finished 3 rounds of clomid 50 mg with no success.
    Now waiting for hyfosy scan.

Hyfosy scan is schedule on 11sept so no BD until then. Today on CD 4 and will start BDing from 12th. Really hoping to conceive in sept. Right now on 3 times clomid and seven sees pre-vitamins and will use pre-seed this month. 
  • 3 times metformin not clomid daily