Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Tell LighterLife the sh-don’t-tell-anyone eating habits you picked up since having kids: £200 to win

Replies

• Options
    At meal times eating the things my daughter likes best first so she doesn't beg more off my plate when she's finished hers.
    Finishing off the leftovers on her plate - I don't like wasting food.
  • Options
    When I was a kid, my Mum always told me to clear my plate. Unfortunately, this is something that has stuck with me and I have this problem with wasting food. Since having kids, I have made a conscious effort not to make them continue eating when full, but I still hate wasting food so I tend to finish what they leave!
  • Options
    Eating biscuits late at night, naughty, esp when you see how many you've eaten!
  • Options
    eating leftovers from the kids plates!
  • Options
    finishing off their tea especially pudding
  • Options
    Far too much cake, plus eating kids' leftovers, something that I thought I would never do.
  • Options
    Eating chocolate out of their treat jar!
  • Options
    it terrible i started to eatt my daughter gruffalo biccies they are actuallyl really yummy!!
  • Options
    eating dinner ealier
  • Options
    My confession is that I make fishfinger sandwiches on white sliced bread just for me !
  • Options
    making a little bit extra so you can enjoy the left overs!
  • Options
    Finishing their food, and sneaking off to eat chocolate that's hidden in my room. I didn't need to hide it before children!
  • Options
    Sometimes sneak to the kitchen to gobble some sweets or chocolate so I don't have to share. Although my DD is on to me now and can hear the smallest rustle of a bag
  • Options
    Hiding my chocolate in the drawer under the bed so i can munch on it whilst saying i am making the beds as any form of housework makes children magically disappear
  • Options
    edited Aug 25, 2019 7:04PM
    Buying them a slush puppy & then drinking it myself!
  • Options
    I have a bad habit of snacking in between meals, which I really need to stop.
  • Options
    I sometimes eat chocolate that family member have gifted the children, once they're asleep, then blame it on their dad in the morning.
  • Options
    I must admit I finish up leftovers and I hide away adult-only treats like dark chocolate.
  • Options
    When cooking we do cook very healthy but when distributing the meal out to everyone's plate I know I secretly give out all the sections I don't like to others and try to make my plate have more of the bits I like i.e. I will take more meat over vegetables. 
  • Options
    Being so hungry when I'm cooking their dinner, that I snack on biscuits and crisps! Easier when they're not there to pester me for the crisps as well! 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions