Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

misscarriage??

Hi, im looking for some advice from those who have experienced a misscarriage or those going through the same thing. My last period was 9th june, i did a test 2 weeks later and it was positive, i was roughly 6 weeks pregnant when i had a heavy ish bleed one day (23rd july) then from then until now (31st July) ive had just spotting. ive had like a few clots but its like what you’d get on your period nothing unusual. i took another test and it was still positive, i am going to take another one today.  As its been over a week should i just expect the worst or is this normal? ive had no pain what so ever only abit of a backache which stopped when i first started bleeding (it has come back today) and a headache which also stopped when i was bleeding but i experienced when i was first pregnant and again, has come back recently. i know it’d be easier to just go to a dr to get it confirmed but i would rather go through it at home and not have it be so morbid ( my preference) 
thanks! 

Replies

• Tests will stay positive for a while. I would retest in two weeks for confirmation.
  • Also some women bleed in start of pregnancy.
  • What I would advice,as I said before do a test in two weeks time, if it's negative you will know it was MC,if it's still positive you will need to go to MW or GP to rule out fee things.

Also if in your medical records will not be a word about MC they will not refer you for tests in case of reccurent mc
  • Sigsauer said:
    What I would advice,as I said before do a test in two weeks time, if it's negative you will know it was MC,if it's still positive you will need to go to MW or GP to rule out fee things.

Also if in your medical records will not be a word about MC they will not refer you for tests in case of reccurent mc
    Thank you! i took a test yesterday, came back positive which i thought it would as if i have MC, the hormones will still be there. my bleeding has turned to spotting now and pregnancy symptoms are back such as being spotty and nausea when i don’t eat ( which may be my body still thinking im pregnant)  im really hoping for a positive outcome but decided ill take another test monday as that will be 2 weeks since i started bleeding. I have my midwife app for the tuesday after so will go depending on the result from the pregnancy test
  • By then hormone should be really low if it's MC,or a lot more if you still pregnant.
    Tbh you should be seen by EPU as it might be ectopic pregnancy and of it is yous need medical help... unfortunately tests are not showing it,just scan can
  • I hope all resulted in a positive outcome. Post my "miscarriage" bleed I continued with positive Pg tests. Unfortunately mine was an ectopic pregnancy but thankfully self resolved 
  • I had 3 positive tests. Then I started bleeding one night with strong cramps and 4 days later my tests were negative. Fingers crossed for you 🤞🏼
  • Hi I'm testing 1 /2 weeks pregnant now I'm cramping and pink discharge when I wipe I previously had a mc but can't quite remember if these where the same symptoms and Google isn't the place I should be checking I'm not sure if I'm having a mc or it's normal