Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

False positive after iui?

The trigger shot was done on weds 14th Aug, and we had the iui done on the 15th. My period started 3 days ago so I assumed it didn't work but when I had the blood test done today, the result came back positive...? They said hormone level was low so they want to re-test next Tuesday. I'm doing my best to keep calm and not get my hopes up, but what do we think? Is it just a false positive due to the trigger shot ( after 16 days) or is there a chance I am actually pregnant?!?! 

Replies

• I don’t want to get your hopes up but I don’t think it’s your trigger as they would tell you if it was that but if they said the hormone level was low you could be having an early miscarriage (chemical pregnancy). I hope not and am keeping everything crossed for you that your hormone level jumps up next time you get tested, good luck! Xxx
  • Kazam2817 said:
    I don’t want to get your hopes up but I don’t think it’s your trigger as they would tell you if it was that but if they said the hormone level was low you could be having an early miscarriage (chemical pregnancy). I hope not and am keeping everything crossed for you that your hormone level jumps up next time you get tested, good luck! Xxx
    Thank you. I am prepared for a negative result, I assumed that when I started bleeding, but I'm trying to stay calm and positive
  • That’s all you can do hunni and just because your hormone level starts low doesn’t mean anything really it’s how much it increases that’s important. Am keeping everything crossed for you xxxx
  • It's confirmed!! My levels were at 80 on Friday during the original blood test and today they're at 192. I'm booked in for an ultrasound in 2 weeks, but things seem to be going in the right direction! 
  • Yay thats really great news @Buttercup20 massive congrats, am so happy it worked for you and I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months xxx