Forum home Birth clubs Due in February 2020

Due in February 2020

Replies

• Awww lovely to hear of those ladies finding out congratulations. Sorry @Flowerpowerscotland, I can’t be anymore help than the ladies have been, hope everything is ok. 
    @DaniFeb20 when are you due? 
  • @Tara1412 I’m due 17 Feb. Remind me your due date? How are you feeling?
  • DaniFeb20 said:
    @Tara1412 I’m due 17 Feb. Remind me your due date? How are you feeling?
    Ah yes, due date twins! And both girls too!!
  • I thought so, same @DaniFeb20 that’s all three of us due on the 17th having girls 💗💗💗
  • @Tara1412 don't suppose you'd know but I don't get an appt now until 24 weeks - miss out the 20 weeks one on second pregnancy don't we apart from the scan. Any idea when we get the MatB1? As I got this at 20 weeks last time and need it to submit maternity leave x
  • Awww💕 3 due date buddies.. that's easy to remember 🤣
  • @Tara1412 don't suppose you'd know but I don't get an appt now until 24 weeks - miss out the 20 weeks one on second pregnancy don't we apart from the scan. Any idea when we get the MatB1? As I got this at 20 weeks last time and need it to submit maternity leave

hiya, I’m in HR so was the first thing I asked as we miss an appointment this time. My midwife will give it me at the 24 week appointment, but if your company really need it you can make an appointment between 20-24 weeks just to pick it up. It should be fine waiting though hun. X
  • @DaniFeb20 much better thank you, sickness has gone!! How about you? 
  • Tara1412 said:
    @Tara1412 don't suppose you'd know but I don't get an appt now until 24 weeks - miss out the 20 weeks one on second pregnancy don't we apart from the scan. Any idea when we get the MatB1? As I got this at 20 weeks last time and need it to submit maternity leave

hiya, I’m in HR so was the first thing I asked as we miss an appointment this time. My midwife will give it me at the 24 week appointment, but if your company really need it you can make an appointment between 20-24 weeks just to pick it up. It should be fine waiting though hun. X
    Aww perfect!! Thanks Hun.. I'll just get it at 24 weeks :) x
  • Mel7723 said:
    Found out yesterday at gender reveal that I’m having a baby boy! 😊💙
    Aww amazing! Congratulations :-) is this your first?
    Thank you! :) yes he’s my first :) 💙

Found out yesterday at gender reveal that I’m having a baby boy! 😊💙
  • Has anybody thought about when they are going to start their maternity leave yet?
    This is my first so not really sure what to expect and I'm trying to figure out when to take annual leave etc as well as when to finish work.
    I'm due 20th Feb.
  • Zola89 said:
    Has anybody thought about when they are going to start their maternity leave yet?
    This is my first so not really sure what to expect and I'm trying to figure out when to take annual leave etc as well as when to finish work.
    I'm due 20th Feb.
    Mine's worked out quite well to be fair! My holiday entitlement is January to December and even while on maternity we're still entitled to our holiday allowance. Mine's 20 days so I will take all my holiday from the 6th Jan and starting official maternity from 1st Feb. So technically I end up getting 13 months off rather than a year xx
  • I’m due 26th of February and I’m hoping to work until 31st January! 
  • I'm due 3rd Feb but had I not have been told about the holiday entitlement I'd have wanted to work up to as long as possible!xx
  • Zola89 said:
    Has anybody thought about when they are going to start their maternity leave yet?
    I'm due 20th Feb.
    I am due 17th Feb and working until end of Jan. Then having a year off hopefully so when I come back end of Jan 2020, I'll have all of 2019 leave to take so I'll end up with 13 months off hopefully!

I was due 20th Feb on my little girl last year and worked until 2nd Feb, then used all my annual leave I had left over and my actual maternity started 19th Feb! 
  • For those who have had kids before, am I being really naive if I am going to try to work up until near due date? 
  • DaniFeb20 said:
    For those who have had kids before, am I being really naive if I am going to try to work up until near due date? 
    Not at all.. I worked up to 38 weeks on my first and will be doing the same this time round. You get more time off the other side then with baby :) also, first babies are known to be late so by the time my little girl arrived I'd been off work a month as she was 12 days late 🙈 x
  • DaniFeb20 said:
    For those who have had kids before, am I being really naive if I am going to try to work up until near due date? 
    I’m working right up to the 14th, I’m only in the office 3 days a week and it will be easier to be at work than at home with my daughter 🤣. 
  • @SecondDueFebruary2020 are you getting a double buggy? I’m not sure if I do or just use my bugaboo and get a buggy board. She will only be 2 though...
  • Tara1412 said:
    @SecondDueFebruary2020 are you getting a double buggy? I’m not sure if I do or just use my bugaboo and get a buggy board. She will only be 2 though...
    Yeah I'm planning on getting a double one, just a second hand one. I considered getting a buggy board but like you said, they will only be 2 and I think that's hard going for them on a full day out if they still want a nap. So just gonna get a second hand one instead of a silly expensive one as I can't see it lasting much more than a year! Ps, you're a trooper working up to the 14th!! But I get what you're saying with being at home with little one 🤣 x