Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

Staying sane on my 2ww!!

Hi Ladies, topic is nothing new I'm afraid. I'm sure we are all or have all gone through this. It's taken us nearly two years to get to this point and now I feel lost! Everything and nothing seem to be 'symptoms' and time is dragging! My test day is 31st August, anyone in the middle of their 2ww and doing anything fun to keep composed? 

Replies

• Hi!  Not yet on my TTC but I hope to be there soon.  Transfer is in September.  They all say to keep things as normal as possible but I know that can be so hard to so.  Want to try doing a project at work or in a community?  Keeping busy with another "baby" might do the trick.   
  • Just wanted to wish you luck for tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed for you xx
  • @Villans how are you doing?  How did your test go?
  • Hey gals, thanks for responding. I started to relax towards the end of my 2ww, thank god! Then I had a bit of a rollercoaster! I got a negative on my official test day and obviously felt rubbish. I didnt want to believe it so tested for a few days afterwards and got very faint positives. I had a day of 'period bleeding' and then spotting for a few days so the clinic told me to stop testing and leave it a week. I have since had a few very very positive tests so I'm cautiously positive and looking forward to my scan x 
  • @Villans congratulations!  that must be a bfp!  when is your scan?  As for me I'm counting the days till the 27th.  Have you any tips for me?

• My scan is the 26th so counting down until then. So your journey starts the day after? For me keeping busy was the key, I bought loads of colouring books which are actually calming, I abused netflix, I tried new recipes, I tried some new crafts and tried to get out of the house for fresh air to clear my head. I also let myself get excited about my potential future x 
  • So I guess you are having treatment in your hometown?  Me I have to travel for it.  I hope I made the right choice though.
  • VanGn said:
    @Villans congratulations!  that must be a bfp!  when is your scan?  As for me I'm counting the days till the 27th.  Have you any tips for me?

My test day is the 27th good luck hope it’s a BFP for us x