Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Depression related to ttc

Has anyone had to start therapy as a result of ttc or have any useful tips of how they broke out of obsessing/depression? I started to become obsessive and not getting joy out of the same things anymore around 6 monts ttc. My marriage was declining as my husband was worried i was sad all the time and only cared about one thing. I have been working hard to reframe my mind every day (meditating, exercisizing, limiting social media) but I am wondering if anyone has any tips or things that worked for them. Please dont say "just relax"!

Replies

• Try CBT if you can :) I struggle with anxiety and depression and have just started CBT and its helping alot - they teach you how to retrain your thought process. I have a phone appt every 2 weeks too so it's not like I even have to leave the house! 
  • Have you thought about keeping a reflection journal? Maybe setting a time limit for yourself each day to write down all of your thoughts, reflect on them, and then be done with them for the day. It will give you a chance to get it all out, think about it, and be able to move on for that day.
  • Have you thought about keeping a reflection journal? Maybe setting a time limit for yourself each day to write down all of your thoughts, reflect on them, and then be done with them for the day. It will give you a chance to get it all out, think about it, and be able to move on for that day.
    I have one of these 😁 my problem is the obsession n worrying about having to tell the hubby about the BFN.... I found this website making me less sad bc I can talk to other ppl that feel the same way