Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Help new to ttc

Hi , I'm new here first time trying to conceive  I have a few questions if anyone can help   so I'm 32  and am trying for my first baby  I had an unexpected pregnancy last year that ended in mc  at almost 3 months  I was never told why it happened was only told its normal and it happens to most women  I took it really hard and went through depression for a while  now I'm in a better place and me and bf want to have a baby really  bad so we just decided to start last month  I have only been using my period tracking app I just recently tried clear blue advanced digital ovulation  and had my peak  day on I think Tuesday the 3rdor Wednesday the 4th but my app was a day off for ovulation  either way we bd alot so I should be covered  as we are very active  we bd at minimum 4 to 5 times a week  my periods are averaged about 26 days  but they are not always same alot of days for example 
Aug 22 I had a 28 day cycle lasting 4 days 
July 25 I had a 19 day cycle lasting 4 days also in July  july 6 I had a 23 day cycle lasting 4 days
In june 13 I had a 27 day cycle  lasting 4 days 
May 17 had a 27 day cycle lasting 4 days 
April 20 I had a 27 day cycle lasting 4 days 

So my period is never exactly same amount of days but dr say it normal and as long as I'm getting a period every month  I should be fine because I'm still young and have been pregnant once  already   any one with experience care to shed some light and share any helpful info I can use for my ttc journey  thanks in advance  sorry it's so long 😊

Replies

• My best advice would be to stay relaxed. My son was an unexpected pregnancy and my husband and I decided we finally wanted another kid (our son is 7). My first month TTC, I went CRAZY googling every little thing I felt and getting my hopes up just to be let down by AF. My second month trying, I stayed much more relaxed and didn't allow myself to Google or even think about any symptoms I was feeling. Using OPKs is definitely good too so you know you're covered and when you should have ovulated. The biggest thing is to just be patient, which is really hard to do. Also, I recommend at least trying Preseed. It's not a miracle worker by any means, but I got my BFP yesterday and this was my first month trying it, so it's worth a shot to at least help the swimmers get where they need to be!
  • Rachel.a21 thank you we actually just got some of that only tried it once so far I will make sure to use it all the time next cycle along with bbt and opk if I dont get my bfp this month but I will also try to relax and not google everything lol I am guilty of stressing and looking up things all the time lol congratulations on your  pregnancy  it's so exciting  hope you have a wonderful 9 months  hope I will be next 😊
  • Oh I am very guilty too! But then I realized that the symptoms for ovulation, pregnancy, and period are the same, so there’s no use in dwelling on symptoms. Definitely keep using preseed! And thank you ☺️
  • @Rachel.a21 your welcome and yes they all are I'm like damn this is hard u notice everything when ur trying  lol I just orded a bbt off Amazon today  so if no luck with  getting a bfp this month I will be ready to start learning how to track my temp and also brought some wondfo ovulation test sticks 
  • I am so glad I started BBT this month! It just gives you peace of mind that you did ovulate 
  • I am so glad I started BBT this month! It just gives you peace of mind that you did ovulate 
    Well I'm looking forward to it cause guessing is stressful lol  so my order should be here tomorrow so I can start 
    Just jumping on here , Rachel would ovulation strips also confirm you ovulated aswell ? I’m new to all this forgive my ignorance lol 
  • No opk do not confirm ov, it confirms lh surge, but it doesn't mean there is egg to be released. Only bbt and ultrasound can confirm ov
  • MadDoda said:
    No opk do not confirm ov, it confirms lh surge, but it doesn't mean there is egg to be released. Only bbt and ultrasound can confirm ov
    Thank you xxx 
  • My best advice would be to stay relaxed. My son was an unexpected pregnancy and my husband and I decided we finally wanted another kid (our son is 7). My first month TTC, I went CRAZY googling every little thing I felt and getting my hopes up just to be let down by AF. My second month trying, I stayed much more relaxed and didn't allow myself to Google or even think about any symptoms I was feeling. Using OPKs is definitely good too so you know you're covered and when you should have ovulated. The biggest thing is to just be patient, which is really hard to do. Also, I recommend at least trying Preseed. It's not a miracle worker by any means, but I got my BFP yesterday and this was my first month trying it, so it's worth a shot to at least help the swimmers get where they need to be!

For real I just came out of my first real month TTC and me n my DH were talking n I feel like I caused more stress for both of us.....but confusion hits with BFN n no AF