Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems

Very very faint lines

my period is due tomorrow 17th September. I tested today, yesterday and the day before with an early predictor (which i googled and apparently tests 12mIU/mg).
First day it was soooo invisible that I wasn’t sure if my imagination. Yesterday got a bit more noticeable, but today I feel it seems the same faint line... don’t feel it had darken. With cheaper tests (20 or 25 mIU/mg) it’s negative. I am so scared if this line doesn’t darken in the next fee days... did any of you experienced the same? Shouldn’t the line be darken everyday a bit more?

Replies

• Your HCG level should double every 24-48 hours. That line is barely visible hunni so I would wait a few days and test again. Hopefully you just have low starting HCG and those lines get darker 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 xxxxx
  • Thank you so much @Kasam2817! Yes, indeed, barely seem.. and an even more invisible on the 14th morning :( My period is only due tomorrow.. maybe I should not get my hopes too high? With my 2 pregnancies I only tested after period was due and in both was also faint lines, but stronger than this.. I guess I am still hoping baby will stick ❤️❤️❤️ I lost my second baby at 3months old back in 2017, just now I felt ready to try again. Just now I am afraid is too late (41 years old). Let’s see... thank you for your answer!
  • Oh god I am so sorry to read that, that must have been awful for you I can imagine having to go through anything like that.

am glad you feel ready to try again but after having two early miscarriages myself I am cautious to get my hopes up, I am really hoping you get great lines tomorrow or later in the week. If you don’t mind please keep me updated with how you get on 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
  • ❤️ I am scared at the moment because trying for another baby and I don’t know what the future holds for us. But we don’t take life for granted anymore, we know anything can happen at any time.. We have also a 4yo girl and she is our sunshine ☀️ helps a lot. We accepted and we are grateful that our son chose us to be his parents and we know that the best for him was not to stay in this world ❤️
    I am very sorry to hear about your losses; a loss is a loss and it is so painful... I hope you will have your rainbow 🌈 soon (if you haven’t yet) ❤️
    Last night I was silly and did another test.. again almost invisible, so I am not keeping high hopes anymore. Today is the expected date for AF, let’s see. I will update here! And fingers crossed for you as well if you are trying ❤️ 
  • Hi! So today I am late 1 day. The lines have basically disappeared, not completely but almost.. I am devastated of course, but I know that it’s better now than later on. I guess it’s a chemical pregnancy? @Kazam2817 do you have any idea when period will come afterwards? Does it takes many days? In the next month is possible? Or very difficult to happen? Sorry so many questions, never went throughout this situation.. thank you xxx
  • I am really sorry to read that @Sevla77Asle it does sound like a chemical. Both times it happened to me my period came at different times one was about 8 days after my lines disappeared and the other was 5 days but I have read it can take up to two weeks. Yes it’s possible to get pregnant straight away after it some studies say your more fertile after a miscarriage. 
    I am in the tww and waiting to see if my 3rd IUI worked and can’t test early because my fertility drugs will mess up the result so have to wait until the 26th for blood test results xxx
  • Interesting.. the period just arrived. So quick... I have made several tests and different brands and most of them (most sensitive) gave me a faint line, which in the last 2 mornings we very very faint. All this is strange I never went through this. With my first it happen in the second month but I was not even checking because I was told it would take long time due to PCOS. With my second, it wasn’t even planned, it was one time not being careful. I guess the very high stress at work is not helping me, I am to the point of wanting to quit for the last 3 months and adding the stress of ttc... all said. 
    Thanks a lot for being in the other side reading and for your kind support! So difficult to be understood in this lonely path. I had no clue about all this things!
    I am crossing fingers for you for the 26th! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 ❤️🌈 the rainbow will arrive!
  • Thank you, I also never had a clue about most of this either but have been ttc for a while now and you learn a lot along the way. If you’re having a chemical and want to keep testing eventually the line should go away. If it starts to get darker then you maybe just had a shy little bean and you’re actually pregnant. Either way am here anytime you need to talk. I sometimes miss these posts so feel free to private message me as I will always pick those up xxxx
  • You are amazing! Big thank you! And really I admire women like you who are ttc for a while. It must be so hard and painful to go through these emotions over and over! I’m really crossing fingers for your rainbow 🌈  on the 26th! Xxx
  • Thank to thank you hunni, me too but if not will pick myself up and keep going xx

• Hi

I’m new to this..! What do you think to my result? 
  • Hi @Mia2016
    It looks like it’s a positive. Is your period late already? 
    I had a faint line for 4days, and instead of getting stronger, the line started to disappear and the period arrived, it was I guess a chemical pregnancy (I will not again test as early as DPO10, I got extremely sad and preoccupied if this will happen again).
    Truly hope your line will get strong! Good luck and all the best for you and your family ❤️