Forum home Birth clubs Due in February 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Telling family advice, after sister-in-law's sister has just lost her baby

DaniFeb20DaniFeb20 Regular
edited Sep 23, 2019 11:22AM in Due in February 2020
Hey all, looking for some advice. In two weeks I’m flying to the states to surprise my family with our pregnancy. My sister-in-law just found out that her sister has had a stillbirth at 39 weeks. We’re all very close. Would you recommend telling my sister in law before arriving? I’m worried about how fresh that loss will be when we arrive.

Replies

• Options
    I think you're right - i would tell your sister-in-law as it could seem a touch insensitive if you don't. Better to be on the safer side here i think x
  • Options
    God- I can’t imagine what they’re going through. That’s horrendous. I lost a baby at 20/21 weeks pregnant and was devastated. 

If you handle it sensitively though, everything will be fine. Yes I’d tell her, giving her a heads up. They will all still be excited and happy for you. I never felt upset about anyone else being pregnant- it’s a miracle and something very special. It’s just bad timing isn’t it.

congrats by the way!xxx
  • Options
    Thank you :).. will definitely let her know; really appreciate the help.