Forum home Birth clubs Due in November 2019

Due in November 2019 - Part 3

Replies

• @LivyLouby Hmmm all the trusts must be different. Today we have birthing, next week is helping hand, the week after is the first few days at home and first aid and the last is post natal and breast feeding. Each class runs from 6 - 8pm. 

Try and keep your feet up - is there any way you could call in sick just to rest. Let us know how you go x

• @Witmore26 I’m self-employed and I’ve already cut back my hours dramatically so can’t afford not to work today. It’s only 3 hours max though.
  • Oh ok - rest as soon as work is finished then 😉
  • Quick announcement - We're giving away free tickets to The Baby Show at Olympia in London, this 18-20 Oct. Head to Latest Discussions to win them! 
  • Morning all, as strange as it sounds, has anyone elses hair changed colour?

I'm normally a short mousy brown colour, but I've noticed in the last few weeks it's gone really dark. Someone actually said to me "I didn't think you were allowed to dye your hair when pregnant?" Obviously I haven't, but now I guess i look like a bad mother dying her hair at 7 months pregnant 😂
  • I have continued to dye my hair - not in the first trimester, but have done since! All I know is my grey hair is coming through quicker than it normally does! 
  • Ah. My hairdresser straight up refused when I told her I was pregnant that it's not recommended but then the midwife said it was fine after 12 weeks (and probably before then too). I think it's one of those things that was an issue once upon a time, but has since been cleared. 

https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/pregnancy/is-it-safe-to-use-hair-dye-when-i-am-pregnant-or-breastfeeding/

I'm finding out a lot of people, doctors, pharmacists etc won't entertain anything for a pregnant woman, but the midwives are like "yeah it's all fine...". It's confusing as hell. 
  • Everything about pregnancy confuses me 😂 Babycentre emailed an article yesterday about foods to avoid (a few months too late!!) and the article talked about greentop milk! Sent me into a spin because I drink semi-skimmed milk which of course is green! After much searching on the internet turns out greentop is what the milkman used years ago! Why do that to us 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
  • The way the Early Pregnancy unit explained it to me last time was if you lived in France, you would eat brie and cured meats...if you were Spanish you would eat chorizo...it doesn't mean you are at any greater risk of getting listeria or whatever, it's just that the effects will be greater in the small chance you do get it. Same as if you had hens, you'd still eat your eggs despite them not having the lion stamp on them. 

They said to us when my daughter turned 1 that we MUST give her blue top milk, I think it's the calcium content or something (?). We've always had green top, she's perfectly fine lol I also don't drink hot drinks, so the small amount of milk I do have on my cereal won't be having any kind of affect 😂

It's a wonder how humanity has survived this long without Dr Google scaring the sh!t out of people isn't it? Google "headache" and your either pregnant or have a brain tumor, there is no medium lol
  • Very very true!!! 
  • Anyone else’s baby still breech? I’m 34 weeks tomorrow so I know she’s got a little time to turn around but anyone know of any methods to help her turn? 
  • @Larat84 I've not been scanned since 28 weeks (now 31) but from kicks I can tell baby is still transverse. My daughter didn't turn until 37 weeks so you have plenty time :) 
  • Bluehawaii90Bluehawaii90 Regular
    edited Sep 26, 2019 7:31AM
    I saw the midwife on Tuesday, not so little man is head down and almost engaged, she said he's just resting on the bone at the minute (30w + a few). I've got to go for my glucose test next week, they are still saying he is measuring at the top percentile so they just want to make sure it isn't GD 😣

I know babies flip about all the time, so you still have a good few weeks yet! I was watching the Highland midwife last night, there was a woman on there who managed to convince her breech baby to move by bouncing on a birthing ball whilst holding an ice pack at the top of her bump and a hot water bottle at the bottom...not sure if there's truth in that but the baby came out head first lmao
  • At my 31wk scan baby was head down I seen the midwife on Monday for my 34wk app an I asked if she could tell the position an she said no it’s difficult to tell yet 🤷🏻‍♀️ I think she has gone transverse from the kicks I’m feeling, she’s also measuring just above top percentile but she didn’t seem bothered about it x
  • From the midwife feeling at my 31w app this week, she said my baby is head down but has body turned sideways. Back on my left and limbs to right. She told me to lean forward when I’m sitting and stand leaning on things and on all fours to get baby to turn back to my front
  • Loz27 said:
    At my 31wk scan baby was head down I seen the midwife on Monday for my 34wk app an I asked if she could tell the position an she said no it’s difficult to tell yet 🤷🏻‍♀️ I think she has gone transverse from the kicks I’m feeling, she’s also measuring just above top percentile but she didn’t seem bothered about it x
    Did you already have the glucose tolerance test? 
  • I had my 34 week appointment on Monday. My baby is in position but she did say that she wouldn’t have been worried if she wasn’t yet. Not until 36 weeks x
  • Loz27 said:
    At my 31wk scan baby was head down I seen the midwife on Monday for my 34wk app an I asked if she could tell the position an she said no it’s difficult to tell yet 🤷🏻‍♀️ I think she has gone transverse from the kicks I’m feeling, she’s also measuring just above top percentile but she didn’t seem bothered about it x
    I had it at 25wks, I finish work on Saturday I’m so glad! Having problems with swelling to my ankles/feet being stood on them all day is just a nightmare x
  • @Bluehawaii90 yeah I was watching that so I will give the hot cold thing ago. Her head feels like it’s in my ribs and it’s quite painful at times so I wouldn’t mind her moving any day now :-)
  • Loz27 said:
    Loz27 said:
    I had it at 25wks, I finish work on Saturday I’m so glad! Having problems with swelling to my ankles/feet being stood on them all day is just a nightmare x
    Possibly that's why they aren't too bothered at the minute as they know it's not GD. 

@Larat84 it's got to be worth a go lol not sure it will work though. This one has been head down as far as I've known since before we had the 3d scan at 26w. Constant kicking of my ribs at the same time punching  my cervix is at least reassuring but annoying lol