Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Am I pregnant

edited Oct 28, 2019 2:12PM in Pregnancy
Hi all, new here and need some advice. I was on hoilday last month from 14th of September to 6th of October. I only have been taking the pill for a month. 

I was very busy and consumed that I would forget my pill a lot. Missing two, three days at a time throughout my hoilday. If I remembered I would take two at the same time ect.

I would have some spotting every few days but nothing big. Well I stopped taking the pill on the 5th of October and waited for my withdrawal bleed. Because I was spotting very lightly at that time I thought it would come within at least three days.

What followed was about two days of very light brown spotting. More like discarge and after having sex it disappeared. That was about two days after coming back it stopped.

It's the 27th and I still don't have a proper withdrawal bleed or period. My normal withdrawal bleed lasts about six days and is heavy at first. Very similar to my actual period, but nothing. I've had lots of white creamy or thick discarge. Recently I've been feeling wet a lot down there.

About a week ago I had bad twinges and cramps for about a day on my left side. Still no sign of period but lots and lots of discarge. Not normal for me.

It's been three weeks since my brown spotting, what's happening? I've taken tests but they are negative.

Sorry for long post lol

Replies

• When I stopped my pill, I didn’t bleed until 30 days later. Also, coming off the pill gives you a lot of symptoms because of the hormones. If your tests have been negative, I think your chances of being pregnant right now are low. I do suggest starting OPKs since your cycle takes time to regulate after stopping the pill 
  • Thank you for your comment, i understand what you are saying. I'm just worried because I didn't get my normal withdrawal bleed. 
  • How many withdrawal bleeds have you had? A withdrawal bleed is just when you stop taking your pills, but you have only taken them for a month right? Withdrawal bleed is not going to be like a normal period 
  • edited Oct 27, 2019 8:27PM
    Earlier this year January I was on the pill for three/four months and each time I had a withdrawal bleed within four days. My withdrawal bleed is very similar to my actual period but less heavy and painful, it lasts around six days each time.

I had to stop because pills make my mood bad. I took it for a month in June but the pill I was on didn't go with me. I finished the pack and got my withdrawal bleed soon after.

Then started a new pill in September but took it badly, forgetting. It's the first time I haven't had a withdrawal bleed like normal, just brown discarge. 

• If u were forgetting it, it means ur pill didn't have any effect on ur cycle and u may not have the bleed at all.
  • I took it good for the first eight or so days then it was every two/three days. But if it didn't have effect then I didn't have my normal period either. 
  • All u had was a hormonal mess. Give it time it will all come back to normal.
  • Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Am I pregnant?2

Hi all, new here and need some advice. I was on hoilday last month from 14th of September to 6th of October. I only have been taking the pill for a month. 

I was very busy and consumed that I would forget my pill a lot. Missing two, three days at a time throughout my hoilday. If I remembered I would take two at the same time ect.

I would have some spotting every few days but nothing big. Well I stopped taking the pill on the 5th of October and waited for my withdrawal bleed. Because I was spotting very lightly at that time I thought it would come within at least three days.

What followed was about two days of very light brown spotting. More like discarge and after having sex it disappeared. That was about two days after coming back it stopped.

It's the 27th and I still don't have a proper withdrawal bleed or period. My normal withdrawal bleed lasts about six days and is heavy at first. Very similar to my actual period, but nothing. I've had lots of white creamy or thick discarge. Recently I've been feeling wet a lot down there.

About a week ago I had bad twinges and cramps for about a day on my left side. Still no sign of period but lots and lots of discarge. Not normal for me.

It's been three weeks since my brown spotting, what's happening? I've taken tests but they are negative.

Sorry for long post lol

All procedures for diagnosing pregnancy are different for each person.
    But the explanations you give are very likely to be pregnant.
    And you'd better give it a closer look.