Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

May help those of you pregnant suffering with sickness and nausea, this has been a life saver

TinyturnipTinyturnip Regular
edited Oct 31, 2019 3:19PM in Pregnancy
Howdy

So may or may not help everyone, but wish I had discovered it sooner so thought I'd share. 

I'm 11 weeks pregnant and from 7 weeks had round the clock nausea which eventually progressed to sickness morning and night. I have been repulsed by tea, coffee and milk. Water is OK but doesn't do much but hydrate. So I gave Lucozade original a go. It instantly relieved my nausea and sickness. Better than any tablet I could take as they seemed to be coming up also.

So I hope it provides some other instant relief like it did me. A couple bottles a day has been a life saver 

Replies

• i have thought about using this at times but wasn't sure due to the levels of caffeine in it.
  • i have thought about using this at times but wasn't sure due to the levels of caffeine in it.
    From what I've read online a bottle or two isnt that bad. Especially if you've cut out tea and coffee. Don't quote me though! It just helped so instantly I had to share 
  • I might give it a go, still learning with all this
  • The guidance is that you can have up to 200mg caffeine per day with no I'll effects to the baby. Lucozade original has 12mg per 100ml so you could safely drink 1.6l per day if you don't have any other caffeine 😊. And even if you went a tiny bit over every now and then I wouldn't panic. 

I remember the nausea I had in the first trimester. 😣 I'll have to try this if I ever have another baby. 
  • The guidance is that you can have up to 200mg caffeine per day with no I'll effects to the baby. Lucozade original has 12mg per 100ml so you could safely drink 1.6l per day if you don't have any other caffeine 😊. And even if you went a tiny bit over every now and then I wouldn't panic. 

I remember the nausea I had in the first trimester. 😣 I'll have to try this if I ever have another baby. 
    Honestly it's the worst. I had no let up from it until I found lucozade original was like an antidote for me. I previously tried coca cola but that made it worse. So it's not just sugary fizziness for me but the drink itself. Miracle it is hahaha
  • LOL I drank it by the gallon it was the ONLY thing I could keep down. Same if I have a sickness bug but gotta be the sparkling orange one for me x
  • Hi everyone, we just wanted to pop by here and let you know we have an article about drinking Lucozade in pregnancy right here, to help answer any Qs you might have.
    PS 👋@susiegirlygirl - lovely to see you here! 
  • Hya just visiting, still TTC still not pregnant LOL xx
    Passing by, or stopping to chat, we're just glad to see you. Sending a bucket of baby dust too! 
    Passing by, or stopping to chat, we're just glad to see you. Sending a bucket of baby dust too! 
    Thank u xxxxxxxx