Forum home Babies Baby

Unhappy baby

Hi all!

this is my second baby, he’s almost 11 weeks and I just need some advice.
my first baby had problems with reflux and breastfeeding, I continued for 18 month with a task getting him off boob. this time round i have chosen to bottle feed and I really regret it.
my new born son is never happy, if he’s awake he’s crying. He doesn’t sleep much at night and is a very light sleeper. Anyway sorry to go on, he has since been diagnosed with reflux, colic and is on a milk allergy formula (Pepti). He’s constantly straining in pain, barely poos (once every 4-5 days). Passes awful wind, when he farts he screams. Iv seen my gp multiple times and feel I have exhausted all options, I’m waiting to see a paediatrician (50 day wait list) and wondered if anyone can pass on any advice. I dread feeding my baby as he screams and I generally uncomfortable. 

Hoping for some advice 

thanks for reading x

Replies

• Hi Hun, tbh I’m not sure if this will be of any help. This is my first baby and she’s 7 weeks now and suffering from gas and reflux and cries constantly. I don’t know what to do. I’ve tried infacol, colief, gripe water, boiled and cooled water, changed bottles, changed formula, tried baby massage... still no luck. Just hoping she grows out of it ASAP. I’m kind of combination feeding with more bottle feeding. She can’t seem to put her mouth or latch onto bottle teats properly at all! So we’ve resorted to using those tiny small bottles given at hospital with the small teats. She seems to take more milk with these bottles and take in less air whilst drinking which is odd as obviously they’re not anti colic bottles. Who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️Just want to let you know your not alone. If you find any remedies please share. 
  • hi! Thanks so much for your reply. I’m sorry to hear your going through a similar time. It’s pretty draining, but my little one has just turned 3 months and I have seen some improvements. He’s not 100 percent but things have definitely improved, he doesn’t cry all day now and sleep much better (although co-sleepin) which I didn’t want to do again! 

Have you tried aptamil Pepti? I definitely think this has helped him. Also, is she on RAnitdine ? I’m not so sure my baby even has reflux but one day without the ranitidine and he was back to old ways. I have stopped using gripe water and infacol, could be that he’s starting to outgrow the wind problems I suppose but I think now he’s settled on the Pepti it’s really helped. If you haven’t tried that, speak to your doctor because it has to be prescribed. Your little one has similar problems to mine.
    i use dr brown bottles and sometimes he does struggle with wind but definitely more so with gas. How is your babies BM? My baby would go days without a poo but that’s slowly improved since Pepti.

hope this helps!
  • - just to add I’m not breastfeeding this time but with my first baby I did and he had reflux. I had to cut out acid foods out of my diet I noticed he was particularly worse if I ate onion x