Forum home Babies Baby

November 2019 Babies

Hello!

This is a new thread for the lovely people from our Due in November 2019 Birth Club who have given birth to an equally lovely baby – and we reckon you deserve a shiny new thread to chat on.

If you've not been part of the Due in November 2019 birth club thread so far but have a baby born around November 2019, do please feel free to post and join in. 

Don't forget to bookmark the new thread by hitting the green star ⭐️next to the thread title, so you don't miss out on any notifications. 

Replies

• Tagging our new mums so far! @Larat84 @Lucyros3x @Nikkinarno @Neenaricci
    Please do come on over and let us know how you are getting on. 
  • Tagging our other mums @MrsG101 @Loz27 @Witmore26 @Lpop @Bluehawaii90
    Come on over to this thread! 

• congratulations to all new mummy’s, I can honestly say I don’t know I have him, he is so laid back, very rarely cries, just totally chilled all the time.
    these November babies have been quite good weights too. 
    This was a middle of the night feed photo hence my face looking like that 🤣
    Im now full formula feeding and he is taking 4oz every 4 hours. Winding him is taking a good 45 minutes at the moment so I will get him some infacol just to help them bubbles come together so it’s easier for him to get up.

apart from that he is a dream 😍

• We on the infacol too. My baby loves it and slaps her lips when she has it 😂 this is Leah playing on her play mat! 

• So lovely to see you hear @Nikkinarno - how have the rest of the kids taken to him?
    @Larat84 thanks for coming to the new thread! She looks happy on the mat - are you getting any sleep? 
  • @DanielleMFM she’s a pretty good sleeper to be fair we got 12.20-4 then 4.30 til 9am most nights. Occasionally she wakes and refuses to go back to sleep but luckily they are few and far between. 
  • Ahhh lovely pics!

we’re on full formula now too and do roughly 4oz every 4 hours. I also wind for about 45 mins and have been giving infacol the past couple of days. She does have a period of unsettled time between 9pm and 1am where she just wont go back down after her last feed of the day. Was thinking maybe its colic although she doesnt scream but does thrash her legs about and goes red in the face. So ive started with the dr browns bottles and feed her upright 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Leahs u settled time is 7pm til 12. We were using infacol then stopped as she seemed to be sick a lot after a feed but we reintroduced it this week after a few fussy evenings. 
  • Oh I’ve never heard of those bottles. Let me know how u get on with them.
  • Ada is 3 week old today. It has completely flown! Feel like we’ve had her forever!! 
  • Evah is 10 days old now it’s true that the time flies. 
    We’re not getting much sleep when she wakes in the night we’re feeding her she has 1-2oz then falls asleep we wind her then change her bum which wakes her up for the rest of bottle then wind again which takes quite a while an she does fall asleep then when we put her down she’s wide awake an most nights stays that way till her next feed, any one any tips? X 
  • I’m there with you sister! 

Hallie pulls the night shift - last night it was 9pm until 2:30am at which point my husband put her in bed with us! 

Every morning I have a little cry as I’m so tired! Then I’m good for the day. 

We are bottle feeding now. I read that its best not to change their bum in the night unless absolute necessary. If you want to wake them to continue feeding rub their feet. 

I am trying the last feed downstairs tonight, then taking her up into our room which is dimly lit, using a soother and playing her lullabies. Whether this works is another matter but I’m going to give it a go!! 

Lets feed back in the morning 😂
  • Anyone exclusively breastfeeding? Finding that Imogen is feeding much better in the day but is very fussy and refuses to latch properly at night. She’s also getting a lot of wind at night which keeps her awake and crying no matter how much we wind her. Trying some infacol tonight to see if that helps.

also, has anyone else been told to wake their baby to feed so they don’t go over 3 hours (4 max)? To me this seems awful and like it’s introducing problems. Surely they’ll wake when they’re hungry?

4 days x
  • Hi @LivyLouby

I’m not breast feeding but got told to wake baby to feed. I didn’t have a much trouble in the day feeding but the night was a nightmare and we were waking her to feed, that unsettled her and then she was staying awake for ages. Since about two weeks (after an awful night) I said I’m not waking her again at night and she’s been fine since! If I had another baby I wouldn’t wake them at night. We do one night feed now at 3-4 which takes about 45mins to an hour.

do what’s right for u! If baby is putting on weight I wouldn’t worry. I got told off by the midwife and health visitor for not feeding ever three hours so just lie now (I sound terrible but not all babies are the same!) she’s only 7lbs 6oz now at four week (that’s gone so fast!).
  • @Larat84 thanks for the advice. It’s reassuring to know not everyone wakes to feed and they’re fine. I get my self all anxious if she’s gone 3 hours since the beginning of her last feed and I think that doesn’t help when I’m trying to get her to latch 
  • I was super worried that it would show the last weigh in but she’s fine. Try not to worry and just enjoy them being this small and cute! Xx
  • I don’t wake to feed she wakes us quite regular through the night though 2-3 hours I still wouldn’t wake her if she didn’t, she was 8lb14 born an dropped to 8lb6 then been weighed today an she’s 9lb5 at 11days old little chunk! 
    She has bad dry skin mainly on hands and feet I think partly because she was post term tyen she had to have phototherapy has she had jaundice, when we was discharged the doctor said to rub oil on when we change her then today the midwife said not to put anything on as it may irritate her skin so know I’m not sure what to do? Any advice? X

• I thought this thread had been a little quiet, I wasn't getting any notifications! 

We came home on Tuesday afternoon and have been a permanent fog ever since. I feel so much brighter than I did when I had my daughter, so much more with it. With the exception of these damn afterbirth pains. I'm living with the stitches and the general muscle aches pushing nearly 9lb of baby out causes...but the cramps are really finishing me off this afternoon 🤕

Other than that, Evan is feeding well and is almost up to 3oz every 3-4 hours. Hubby kissed his nose for this face 😆

• Loz27 said:
    I don’t wake to feed she wakes us quite regular through the night though 2-3 hours I still wouldn’t wake her if she didn’t, she was 8lb14 born an dropped to 8lb6 then been weighed today an she’s 9lb5 at 11days old little chunk! 
    She has bad dry skin mainly on hands and feet I think partly because she was post term tyen she had to have phototherapy has she had jaundice, when we was discharged the doctor said to rub oil on when we change her then today the midwife said not to put anything on as it may irritate her skin so know I’m not sure what to do? Any advice? X

We used Baby oil on my Daughter's hands and feet (I think they all get dry skin btw, having been in fluid for so long). There are really expensive lotions you can get but baby oil did the trick. You might have to deal with cradle cap too, not sure if all get it but we did the first time and put it down to change in environment. The Chemist swore by olive oil and it worked a treat at about 60p a bottle compared to the medicated stuff at like £4 a bottle. 
  • We used Baby oil on my Daughter's hands and feet (I think they all get dry skin btw, having been in fluid for so long). There are really expensive lotions you can get but baby oil did the trick. You might have to deal with cradle cap too, not sure if all get it but we did the first time and put it down to change in environment. The Chemist swore by olive oil and it worked a treat at about 60p a bottle compared to the medicated stuff at like £4 a bottle. 
    my midwife said not to use baby oil, especially not Johnson’s as it can actually make their skin more dry so you buy more! 😮
    shr also said use olive oil or coconut oil, just natural oils 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions