Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Frer false positive? Help

Hi, I took a first response early 27/11/19, it come up straight away with a very faint positive and colour to the line. However, I have retested with a cb digital twice and both negative. Also taken two more fr and both negative today, is this a notorious false positive? Af due in 4 days. 

Replies

• Options
    Edited to see colour more
  • Options
    Digital tests need a lot more HCG to show positive. Were all the FRERs with first morning urine?
  • Options
    No, this is were it gets more strange the first two tests was afternoon yesterday and both gave very faint positive. Redone FRER this morning and both came up negative. 
  • Options
    I would try waiting 2 days and testing with a FRER again. Fingers crossed 
  • Options
    Thankyou, do you think it looks more like a evap line or ident rather than a faint positive?
  • Options
    Rachel.a21Rachel.a21 Regular
    edited Nov 28, 2019 6:12PM
    Is the line all the way down? I can’t tell in the pic if it’s just as the top or if I’m just seeing the glare. I do see a line though. Do you track ovulation?
  • Options
    Added a more zoomed in pic, I dont no. I have PCOS and my ovulation is all over the place frustratingly. 
  • Options
    I do see it all the way down. It could just be very early, so I would wait 48 hours and retest 🙂
  • Options
    I will tell you something about frer. It has given me false negatives when I have used other 4 different pregnancy tests. And I was absolutely amused. This test is useless and I dont trust it. Both of these showed negative when the cheapest tests have shown otherwise. BFP 
  • Options
    Thankyou for your replies, I took a superdrug test this morning and looked like a positive. However, I went back to the test 30mins later and it was negative. Any ideas on what to think about these results? 
  • Options
    That looks like a faulty test because of the dye running
  • Options
    I redone the test and it was negative, I've used a few of the cheap ones recently also come back negative. I think the frer were evap/ident lines unfortunately. Thankyou for your help though 😁