Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Not using bbt after ovulation?

SmithL35 said:
Morning all, 

can anyone give me some advice....I’m considering not temping after ovulation as it’s making my sleep crazy.....I’ve had another night of crappy sleep as I’d woken at 2.40am and checked the time in case it was 6am and then just couldn’t go back to sleep for ages! I lay there just thinking about it not being a true temp at 6am if I’d been awake for ages, plus I had to get up for the loo at 3.30 ish so then I was just thinking about how that would mean I won’t have 3 hours straight sleep.....

does it affect anyone else’s sleep pattern??? That’s he second night this week that I’ve been wide awake for hours. 

Replies

• I tend to wake up a lot especially now coz my son is sick, but 2h sleep is enough. Instead of focusing on time I temp when I open my eyes, then check time, if it's too early I note it and sleep more then measure again. And judge which one is better.
  • MadDoda said:
    I tend to wake up a lot especially now coz my son is sick, but 2h sleep is enough. Instead of focusing on time I temp when I open my eyes, then check time, if it's too early I note it and sleep more then measure again. And judge which one is better.
    Ah ok, that’s really helpful. Thank you! Hope you’re ok
  • This has been the case with me for sure! I was temping 3X a night in fear of a false reading then Id wake up in the morning a save the lowest temp (not very accurate). Im in my TWW so I’ve decided to opt for good sleep (which hopefully means less stress haha 😅) rather than a BBT reading. Its out of my hands at this point anyways 🤞🏼
  • @SmithL35 I stopped temping on 4dpo as we went away and was in a different time zone and can honestly say it was a nice break to stop thinking about charts and when to wake up!! When we got home I did start temping out of interest just to prepare myself for af and that was 11dpo, I’m considering doing the same next month!! 
  • Haley_ said:
    This has been the case with me for sure! I was temping 3X a night in fear of a false reading then Id wake up in the morning a save the lowest temp (not very accurate). Im in my TWW so I’ve decided to opt for good sleep (which hopefully means less stress haha 😅) rather than a BBT reading. Its out of my hands at this point anyways 🤞🏼
    Good point! I think I’ll do the same! Fingers crossed for you!! 
  • MrsH02 said:
    @SmithL35 I stopped temping on 4dpo as we went away and was in a different time zone and can honestly say it was a nice break to stop thinking about charts and when to wake up!! When we got home I did start temping out of interest just to prepare myself for af and that was 11dpo, I’m considering doing the same next month!! 
    Thank you, yes I think I will give myself a break and just let things go now. X
  • @Haley_ I didn't mean this type of judgement. I meant amount of sleep and time, I don't pick lowest I pick most accurate. And it works. I started to stop bbt after ov and it's great. I cant imagine stopping bbt coz it's a perfect insight into cycle. And I really need to know. Opk doesn't give u all this I never used opk too.
  • I’m also so pleased I am using bbt as I feel like of the 15 months we have been trying there must have been so many of those months where we had no chance as I went by my Fitbit app! And that was way off!

This might be a really stupid question but with frer they apparently work a few days before af but that surely can’t be true for short lp can it?! As they’d be no time for implantation.

Last month I got af 11dpo so ff predicts I’ll get af on Tuesday this month. 
  • Frer has 50+% chance to detect hcg 6 days before af. But it's only valid if u know when is ur af due. And u can only know ur af date only if u know when u ovulate accurately withing 24h window and if u know ur lp length. The number increases the closer af is. This variability of chance comes from different possible implantation days. So if u look at 14 days  average lp, that 50+% chance detects at 8dpo which is consistent with reality. Most ppl judge their af by cycle length which is totally wrong and that's why their results are inconsistent with frer statistics.
  • Then again frer is calculate for average 14 days lp, if ur lp is shorter or longer, that doesn't apply. Most accurate judgement would be by dpo, but that would only work if u know ur ov date. And majority of ppl go by prediction apps which are useless or opk which still leaves that 72h possibility window making ur ovulation date off even by 2 days.
  • MadDoda said:
    Frer has 50+% chance to detect hcg 6 days before af. But it's only valid if u know when is ur af due. And u can only know ur af date only if u know when u ovulate accurately withing 24h window and if u know ur lp length. The number increases the closer af is. This variability of chance comes from different possible implantation days. So if u look at 14 days  average lp, that 50+% chance detects at 8dpo which is consistent with reality. Most ppl judge their af by cycle length which is totally wrong and that's why their results are inconsistent with frer statistics.
    Ah ok. Well I don’t want to test, and partly the reason for not wanting to bbt is that I’m just waiting to get a low temp to show af coming. I think I just want af to come without knowing if that makes sense
  • So do you think if af isn’t here by weds I should test? And then I don’t need to bbt
  • Show me ur chart
  • This is this month....

• This is with the overlay...generally higher temps all cycle I think...

• If u want to test wait at least until 12dpo.  What do u mean by then u don't need to bbt
  • Oh I just meant that if temp was low all hope would go. But if I didn’t bbt the hope might last longer 
  • I already feel like af is coming soon :( I guess it might even be Monday? Hat would be a day shorted than last months lp