Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Brown spotting at 6 weeks pregnant

LJ1234LJ1234 Regular
edited Nov 26, 2019 1:57PM in Pregnancy
Hi all,
I am about 6+2 and experiencing brown spotting. It’s very light and no pain. Should I be concerned? Advice would be great! 

Replies

• Hey LJ, brown is old blood which is good. If you have any severe pain, clots, or bright red bleeding I would head in to be checked. Likewise if you begin to feel "off". While I always err on the side of caution, I wouldn't be too worried at this stage, rather keep an eye on it. And rest as much as you can, your body is working hard xx
  • Hey LJ, brown is old blood which is good. If you have any severe pain, clots, or bright red bleeding I would head in to be checked. Likewise if you begin to feel "off". While I always err on the side of caution, I wouldn't be too worried at this stage, rather keep an eye on it. And rest as much as you can, your body is working hard xx
    @FickleBerry thanks for your reply and reassurance! It’s very light with no pain, so I figured it was ok. Being my first pregnancy I have no idea! Thanks again xx
  • @LJ1234
    Heyy, 
    That's quite normal.... Just relax all will be well. We are here to help you. We can chat anytime 

• Starr2019 said:
    @LJ1234
    Heyy, 
    That's quite normal.... Just relax all will be well. We are here to help you. We can chat anytime 

Thanks! I am starting to worry as it’s still going, but light and no pain! 
  • It's fine. As long as u r not having heavy stream of blood bright red colour
  • That’s what time told! I’d prefer none! Haha
  • Hey @lj1234 how r u feeling? Hope the spotting has stopped. If u r unsure ring your EPU and get a scan done xxx
  • Hi @SUM308 thanks for checking in! I am still spotting but no pain. I had my scan at 6+2 and all was good so it’s obvious not affected the pregnancy. My GP said 30% of women experience it and it’s fine. Which has made me feel better 🙂