Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions

Share with Aunt Bessie’s what makes your Christmas dinner the best and why: £200 Amazon prize!

Hello.

Aunt Bessie’s would love you tell them all about your Christmas dinner.

To be in with a chance of winning, please post on this thread (by scrolling to bottom of the page to the reply box), and tell Aunt Bessie’s what makes your Christmas dinner the best, why it’s the best, and what you serve up on Christmas day and you could win a £200 Amazon voucher for sharing!

Everyone who posts (and answers the question fully) will be entered into a prize draw to win the £200 Amazon vouchers.

We'll keep this thread open until 27/12/19, and we'll announce the winner's name a few days later.

This discussion is sponsored by Aunt Bessie’s. Aunt Bessie’s produce a huge range of frozen foods from classic Yorkshire puddings to roast potatoes, vegetables and desserts. Please note that comments and pictures you post here may be used by Aunt Bessie’s in future advertising and marketing material. See full Ts & Cs here. 

Replies

• We serve up a selection of roasts,
    - Turkey, Ham and Beef. Then mash potato, crispy roast potatoes, pigs and blankets, crispy roast parsnips, Brussels sprouts shedded with pancetta, roasted heritage carrots and broccoli and steamed greens. Cranberry sauce, turkey gravy, Yorkshire puddings, stuffing balls. Always buy way too much so that we can eat Christmas dinner for the next few days after. Comfort food at its best.
  • For us, no Christmas dinner is complete without some classic Aunt Bessies products. They make our dinner the best esp the roast potatoes and yorkshire puddings.
    Anything that makes the Christmas dinner easier to prepare makes for a smoother christmas day- we have time to enjoy our time round the table as a family. 
    We go traditional with turkey and all the trimmings and lashings of gravy.  We have a new addition this year who is weaning and cannot wait to give her, her first Christmas dinner
  • Every year we have a real feast.. but the best part of our Christmas dinner is at the end of the meal, we always have ‘racing reindeer’ crackers! The whole family (10 of us!) race! It is so much fun and it finishes off our Christmas meal perfectly! 
  •  To me what makes it the best is being together and I really enjoy making Christmas dinner for us all and creating memories for us and our boys (4 and 18 months). I like to prep as much as I can the day before so I don't spend all Christmas day in the kitchen. We have Turkey, roast potatoes, pigs in blankets, broccoli,  mashed parsnips with a crunchy top, roasted thyme carrots, savoy cabbage, stuffing and gravy. 
  • My Christmas Dinner is the best because of our Pigs in Blankets.

I cook them so they are crispy on the outside, but warm and juicy on the inside. They are slow cooked in the oven to get them just right.

To start Christmas day, we all have a hot bowl of Ready Brek with added sugar.

For Christmas Dinner, I serve 'help your self' styled, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, green beans, peas, and roasted parsnips. After the vegetables, there is creamy mashed potato, turkey (my partner slices as requested), crispy Pigs in Blankets and Yorkshire puddings. We usually have two gravy boats, I will probably be doing three this year though with apple, mint and cranberry sauce to add to the plates if wanted.

For Christmas desert, we usually have chocolate gateaux and a strawberry gateaux as none of us like Christmas pudding. 

For afternoon, as we are usually only peckish, I usually make sandwiches party foods - buffet style. 

If hungry after then the crackers and cheese come out! ☺️

• Our Christmas Dinner is best as all family is around the table making jokes and remembering all the good things that we had from last Christmas till now. 
    We making a Christmas crackers ourself and putting lovely, though full gifts in them along with wishes for next year. 
    We always serve turkey with mash and roasted potatoes, selection of vegetables, pigs in blankets, mozzarella sticks, cocktail sausages and prawn cocktail. For pudding I make Christmas cheese cake, chocolate cake and piparkukas (traditional Latvian biscuits with spices and black peppers) 
  • Pigs in blankets are definitely the best part of our christmas dinner. And along with Aunt Bessies roast potatoes, they are always demolished by the little ones without fail! 
  • Our christmas dinner is the best because we have all the good bits! Yorkshires, pigs in blankets, cauliflour cheese and of course yummy pudding. Plus as its christmas the kids dont even have to eat the veg 
  • Our Christmas dinner is the best because it brings everyone together over a delicious roast. We go traditional - turkey with all the trimmings. We like to serve it all from the table so people can help themselves, with loads more than we need so there's plenty of leftovers to enjoy later. Being my birthday as well makes it even more special to me, and this year will be my first as a mum so can't wait😁
  • I serve a very traditional Turkey Roast with all the trimmings, as my Brother and his family come to us from abroad and they dont have this at Christmas there. An extra treat is Aunt Bessie Yorkshire Puds.....a real novelty for the children (age 3 and 5)  who had never seen them before last year! We filled them with their leftovers too......they loved them!! They have made special requests for "MORE" this year!!
  • Nikita91Nikita91 Regular
    edited Dec 2, 2019 5:15PM
    My Christmas dinner consists of  Turkey and beef and lots of veggies including carrot and swede mashed, sprouts and panchetta, cabbage and honey roasted parsnips, we also always use aunt Bessie's goose fat roast potatoes and aunt Bessie's Yorkshire puddings with mint sauce and gravy. Christmas dinner is always a family occasion I usually cook for 10 family members.
  • We always have traditional turkey dinner with stuffing, but my good old mum who is no longer with us always bought Aunt Bessie's roast potatoes and they are just so scrumptious delicious, so we buy the same always, but my husband also has to have Aunt Bessie's Yorkshire puddings as well on his Xmas dinner. Oh well, each to their own, while i prefer lots of veg in particular roast parsnips. But with regards to the stuffing my daughter always insists on the stuffing balls rather than us making them. 
  • I took over cooking the traditional roast turkey with all the trimmings when my dearest late mum got dementia. Now I am lucky enough to have beautiful children and that’s better than anything else I could possibly have ❤️
  • My mum always makes me her amazing nut roast no matter where we end up having dinner :-)
  • I think it's the gravy made from the turkey juices - because my mum makes it.
  • Double-roasted potatoes - lovely and crispy and a family favourite reserved for Christmas Day! x
  • It's all about planning!  We order a free-range turkey, and serve with roasties, buttered mashed potato, carrots, sprouts, parsnips, and gravy made from the juices of the bird.
    With such a huge main course, we don't bother with starters or dessert.  But indulge in a glass of wine (or two) while enjoying our traditional Christmas dinner.
  • My roast potatoes, sprouts (part steamed then stir fried with bacon and garlic), pigs in blankets and homemade stuffing!
  • We are vegetarian so we don’t have the traditional Christmas meal, we do have all the vegetables which always makes whatever vegetarian main dish we have.
  • Our roast potatoes are the best as we parboil them and then shake them to make the outside crispy! We also have yorkshire puds, Turkey, roast carrots, Parsnips, onions and gravy.
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions