Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

New Year BFP

Hi ladies. As I am cycle day one today I thought I would start a thread for those who will be hoping for their New Year bfp. 
I am ttc baby number 3 and am on cycle 8 now. This baby is proving way more difficult than my first two who were both conceived the first month of ttc. What a shock 7 month of trying has been! I usually have 30 day cycle so ovulation predicted to be around 20th Dec. Please share your ttc stories - I would love to hear them. I need something to help me get out of the teary mess I have been the past few days. I am going to say it.... This month I genuinely felt angry that I wasn't pregnant. Despite the shock that it is taking longer than I thought, up until now I have always thought... Well there is always next month. This month I just burst into tears when I saw a bfn. Then I think the frustration set in. For at least 5 of the months we have tried, we have timed bd very well, and part of me doesn't get why I am not pregnant yet. I guess it is just a question of time and a little more patience. If the chances of conceiving in one cycle with well timed bd are around 25% then I guess some just need longer than others to stack that stat in our favour. I have to say though, this forum has been an immense source of support for me so thank you. 

Replies

• Hi @FlossyLZ af arrived for me today, was so disappointed as it’s my second month bbt charting and my lp is 2 days longer this month than last, got my hopes up. 
    TTC for 15 months, have had two early MCs x
  • @SmithL35 sorry to hear about your MCs and sorry af has arrived for you this time. Fingers crossed we both have positive news in the New Year. 
  • @FlossyLZ we sound similar, I’m cd7 ttc no 3! I had my coil out in July pregnant in august, but sadly had a mmc in October. I’m now on my 2nd cycle post mc. Hoping to ovulate next week!
     My first two were conceived without even trying (I was on the pill with no1, no2 was the month I came off it!).
     Do you bbt or opk to ensure your ovulation times? I’m trying not to let ttc take over my life but I’m not getting any younger now so feel like the pressure is starting to mount up. 
  • FlossyLZ said:
    @SmithL35 sorry to hear about your MCs and sorry af has arrived for you this time. Fingers crossed we both have positive news in the New Year. 
    Thank you :)
  • Baby dust to all!! I am currently cd11 fertile. Bding until Monday. This is cycle 2 for me actually putting in all efforts. But we have been trying for a baby 4 yrs now. I’m honestly just learning about lh surge and ovulation. I can’t believe how naive i was until I started asking questions. We kinda just always left it up to god and now we are trying to help. Before this I had no idea you could only get pregnant certain days. 
  • MrsH02 said:
    @FlossyLZ we sound similar, I’m cd7 ttc no 3! I had my coil out in July pregnant in august, but sadly had a mmc in October. I’m now on my 2nd cycle post mc. Hoping to ovulate next week!
     My first two were conceived without even trying (I was on the pill with no1, no2 was the month I came off it!).
     Do you bbt or opk to ensure your ovulation times? I’m trying not to let ttc take over my life but I’m not getting any younger now so feel like the pressure is starting to mount up. 
    I temp and track cm. I know I am ovulating. I am going to try this month to use my old persona monitor as that tracks ovulation by lh surge. I know there is a couple of months where we didn't time bd quite as well as we could have as I ovulated a couple of days later than I normally do so I figured if I tracked the lb surge as well then it should make sure we can always time bd well. I am also feeling the age pressures. I will be 35 this month and I see 35 quoted everywhere when fertility declines etc. 
  • @flossylz I’m 35 in feb! I bbt and opk (I do both dip sticks and cb digital advanced) the only positive I can see about turning 35 is I can go to the doctors after 6 months and hopefully they can do some testing for me! I will of been ttc with 1 mc included for 7 months in feb so hopefully they should refer me! I’m obviously hoping it doesn’t some to that! 
    I like the cb digital advanced as it lets me know a couple of days before I ov as it picks up the estrogen surge first so we can time bd right- my only problem is dh works away a lot so last month we both ended up travelling miles!! 
    If dec isn’t out month than at least I can drink over Xmas and new year, I should be due af Boxing Day so will test Xmas day! If it’s neg I can at least drown my sorrows 😉
  • How is everyone feeling today. I am on cycle day 3. I think this month I am going to use the festivities to distract myself and take some of the focus away from ttc. 
  • Hi, so af came and I’m working out how impractical it’s going to be for us to try this month :/ don’t want to feel like a wasted month but equally I want to enjoy Christmas so we shall see. Hope you’re all ok x
  • Hi guys. Hope you don't mind me jumping into the thread :) we are hoping for BFP in the new year but we currently aren't TTC. We had been trying since April this year and fell pregnant in August (got my BFP on 8 of September) which was cycle 4 I think, which before it happened felt like every month was a year lol but I guess it was quite quick. Unfortunately I started bleeding before I got to 5 weeks so must have been a chemical pregnancy :( Then a few days later my company went into administration. I started a new job on the 1st of October and it is through an agency but should be moving over to being physically employed by the company in January. 
    Hoping to start trying again Feb/March time but I'm so anxious about how it will be received with me being relatively new to the company, but we don't want to wait another year! It could take that long to actually conceive. 
    Hope you are all well. Are you UK based? 
  • Hi @SunshineB sorry to hear about your chemical pregnancy :( we had one of those. 

Based in the UK too, I really would recommend that you don’t put it off because of work x
  • Hey @SmithL35 it's awful isn't it. Hope you are ok? I was so happy but so nervous for that week I found out, mainly due to things being weird at work. Little did we all know what was going on behind closed doors. All things happen for a reason as they say.
    I know a few people have said that to me but I didn't want to be pregnant and have no job 😫 as much as we want a family, we need to be able to support that family too. I'm currently working for the agency so to qualify for SMP I need to be working for the company for at least 3 weeks before becoming pregnant to qualify. I think I will be under probation with them until start of April as they will be taking me on at the start of next month, but I'm hoping to start trying again Jan/Feb.
    Have you been able to seek medical advice yet with you ttc for 15 months? I know the amount of trying depends on your age.x
  • SunshineB said:
    Hey @SmithL35 it's awful isn't it. Hope you are ok? I was so happy but so nervous for that week I found out, mainly due to things being weird at work. Little did we all know what was going on behind closed doors. All things happen for a reason as they say.
    I know a few people have said that to me but I didn't want to be pregnant and have no job 😫 as much as we want a family, we need to be able to support that family too. I'm currently working for the agency so to qualify for SMP I need to be working for the company for at least 3 weeks before becoming pregnant to qualify. I think I will be under probation with them until start of April as they will be taking me on at the start of next month, but I'm hoping to start trying again Jan/Feb.
    Have you been able to seek medical advice yet with you ttc for 15 months? I know the amount of trying depends on your age.x
    Ah it’s just so sad that it’s even on your mind, as it’s anxiety that doesn’t need to be there. But I do understand, as the chemical we had was Jan but in May we had a very early MC, I was about 5 and a half weeks. I was very anxious as I had just taken a new teaching post and so knew I’d start September and knew I had to have been there 26 weeks before going on maternity, which wouldn’t have happened if the pregnancy had lasted. I honestly think me worrying about that didn’t help at all!

Yes I had blood tests in Feb...they showed high prolactin levels and possibly thyroid issue, but had repeat ones 1 and 3 months later which were fine. But when I turned 36 in Oct I went back and asked for help again, they did swabs and blood tests which were all normal. So as for me they have said all is fine. My DH is having semen analysis done in 2 weeks so it’ll be interesting to see what hat shows. In my mind as we have fallen twice surely there can’t be a lot wrong with him?! Who knows!

Sorry for such a long message!! Basically I know feel like I am just getting older so quickly and months are just passing but I’m in my second month of tracking bbt and using ovulation tests to check for our best days....still no luck but I do feel like out of the 15-16 months since we started so many of them must have had no chance anyway as I was going on dates my FitBit said and that’s way out!! X
  • @SmithL35 I think I am more anxious than I think I am sometimes. We've been through a lot in the last few years so I think it's made me that way I guess. I just need to get a few weeks into January and then let my cycle settle again, as I went back onto the mini pill, then hopefully try again. I got some really lovely feedback on my Christmas do on Friday night from my manager and the warehouse manager, they were a bit fresh but the truth comes out when you are drunk Haha. They said they hope I stay, so hopefully won't be annoyed when I fall pregnant.

Yeah I think worry has a lot to answer for doesn't it! Bless you:( As daft as it sounds o found comfort in what happened as like you say, it shows you can conceive. It just means the right sperm has got through yet :) but it will!

I think OPKs definitely work! Which ones are you using? I used the fitbit app to begin with and like you say it's not very accurate. Then the month that we conceived was the first month trying OPKs! I got cheapie sticks from Ebay and then the Clearblue 2 day window one to confirm the cheapie sticks. We BD the day I got my peak and the day after I think. So I certainly felt it worked. The little bean just decided not to stay for some reason. X
  • SunshineB said:
    @SmithL35 I think I am more anxious than I think I am sometimes. We've been through a lot in the last few years so I think it's made me that way I guess. I just need to get a few weeks into January and then let my cycle settle again, as I went back onto the mini pill, then hopefully try again. I got some really lovely feedback on my Christmas do on Friday night from my manager and the warehouse manager, they were a bit fresh but the truth comes out when you are drunk Haha. They said they hope I stay, so hopefully won't be annoyed when I fall pregnant.

Yeah I think worry has a lot to answer for doesn't it! Bless you:( As daft as it sounds o found comfort in what happened as like you say, it shows you can conceive. It just means the right sperm has got through yet :) but it will!

I think OPKs definitely work! Which ones are you using? I used the fitbit app to begin with and like you say it's not very accurate. Then the month that we conceived was the first month trying OPKs! I got cheapie sticks from Ebay and then the Clearblue 2 day window one to confirm the cheapie sticks. We BD the day I got my peak and the day after I think. So I certainly felt it worked. The little bean just decided not to stay for some reason. X
    Exactly the same! I get cheapie sticks online but then when I get a peak one use clear blue digital and have gone by that as it matches the temp increase I record on fertility friend. Do you track bbt? 

That is good about what they’ve said, it is your right to go off and have a baby though so they can’t say anything. I’m sure they’ll want to keep you. 

Yes thats a really good good way to look at it....we have managed to conceive already so I see it as a case of bad luck that the right things have not happened....YET! I have my fingers crossed for us both x
  • I am UK based too. As much as the tww is unpleasant, I really don't enjoy the edit between af and the fertile days. This month I am s lot more distracted because if Christmas though so that us making it easier. 
  • @SmithL35 hopefully they will work for you hun!! I might have just got lucky with falling using them the first month, but I'll start using them again when my cycle settles again.
    No I don't do BBT. Using OPKs is annoying enough lol same time everyday, starring looking for that line to be darker 😂

Yeah I hope so. I probably am overthinking it. It would be fine if I was still at my old place, but I'm only new at this job.

Yeah exactly! Just try and think of that while you are trying and hopefully that will make you relax a bit.
    Really random but the cycle I caught on I had started watch pregnancy announcement videos on youtube lol.  They made me so happy to see and hopefully too so I think I was in a different frame of mind that month. Hope it happens for you soon 🤞🤞 x
  • @FlossyLZ yeah just enjoy Christmas and have a good time! Maybe the distraction is what you need  :) 
    You'll get there, I'm sure we all will. We just need to not put so much pressure on ourselves as that's when it doesn't happen x
  • SunshineB said:
    @SmithL35 hopefully they will work for you hun!! I might have just got lucky with falling using them the first month, but I'll start using them again when my cycle settles again.
    No I don't do BBT. Using OPKs is annoying enough lol same time everyday, starring looking for that line to be darker 😂

Yeah I hope so. I probably am overthinking it. It would be fine if I was still at my old place, but I'm only new at this job.

Yeah exactly! Just try and think of that while you are trying and hopefully that will make you relax a bit.
    Really random but the cycle I caught on I had started watch pregnancy announcement videos on youtube lol.  They made me so happy to see and hopefully too so I think I was in a different frame of mind that month. Hope it happens for you soon 🤞🤞 x
    Keep in touch, I really wish you so much luck, I have my fingers crossed for both of us xx
  • @SmithL35 Yeah it would be lovely to keep in touch and chat. It's good to have other people to talk to who can relate. I hope your partners tests go well!! X