Forum home General Chat General chat

Long haul flight

edited Dec 1, 2019 4:27AM in General chat
Hi I have a 6 week old and looking to do a long haul flight about 12 hours 
and wondering if this is a good age to do this ? 
Any advice of parents who have done this would be great 
thanks 

Replies

• What age will you child be when your will take this flight? I have never take a long haul flight with my son, but I think babies are so easy to travel with before they are 6 months. 

If I was to pick any time to travel with a baby, I would so it under the 6 month age.

From what I remember of my son being under 6 months, he was a dream to bring out and out about. Don't really need to be entertained. Happy to sit on my lap. I breastfed, so was easy to comfort him.

Good luck with you flight!

• Hi thanks for the reply he will be just under 2 months old 
  • je devais choisir n'importe quel moment pour voyager avec un bébé, je le ferais moins de 6 mois.
  • Fa298 said:
    Hi I have a 6 week old and looking to do a long haul flight about 12 hours 
    and wondering if this is a good age to do this ? 
    Any advice of parents who have done this would be great 
    thanks 

Hi, I took my 1yr old on a 9hr flight, I'm sure a baby would be much easier. My son is constantly on the go so was a nightmare. Wouldnt settle or sleep. Because of his age he wasnt able to have his own seat so we had to have him on our laps, the people infront didnt care and put seats back so we struggled for space. If you can, pay extra for the seats with the cot/moses basket! We wanted to but by the time we got around to booking our seats they had all gone! Good luck x

• Honestly I actually think it is best when they are really young. It’s when they start trying to walk around it gets stressful! 

We fly to LA twice a year and now the eldest is 4 it does get tiresome when they ask if you’re nearly there when you’re flying over Ireland!