Forum home Family life & relationships Single parents

He is here but I couldn't feel more alone or lonely

I will try to make it short but the story is quite complicated. I wasn't happy with in my marriage (9yrs together 2yrs married) and wanted a baby too. I met someone who obviously at the time seemed to want exactly what I wanted from life. I decided to leave my husband. I'm not going to lie... I left him for the other man.
Started seeing this man after I separated from my husband and it was great. We spoke about everything and again wanted the same things. 
After 3 months he kind of left me saying that he was struggling with himself and didn't want to make me unhappy. He explained in more details what was bothering him. So we stopped seeing each other. After a week he wanted to get back. We did. After another 3.months we moved in together but he started being weird again, distant and a bit depressed. So I had enough and asked him to leave. On the same day later I found out that I was pregnant. He always was clear about wanting a baby and wanting to be in Baby's life. So when he found out he said that exactly again. I agreed as I didn't want to use an unborn baby as a blackmail. He however, after couple of days returned for a chat and said that he wanted to try again to have a family. I agreed as that's what I have wanted my whole life, to have a loving family and someone I can feel safe with. 
He moved back in. That's was 2 months ago. Since then we have been bickering. We are both opinionated and stubborn. We are both defensive. It started feeling as we were just mates. I mentioned that to him yesterday and he agreed. He again said that he is not making me happy. Every time it comes to that it doesn't seem that he wants it to work or even fight for it. It seems that he is just wanting me to end it and he doesn't fight against it. 
So it seems that we are not together but he is behaving like my mate explaining that we need some kind of relationship as we will be bringing the baby up together/separately.
I have to go spend Christmas with his family as agreed before. I tried to explain that the baby is not born yet so there is no need for us to be close. I just can't deal with it having him so close. I don't feel as he cares much about me but obviously I want a family so it is hurting very badly. 
I don't know what to do or what to say and what is right. All my strength that I used to have is somehow gone. I can't get him out of my life, which would make it easier to deal with my emotions and feelings. Has anyone been in similar situation? How do I look after myself? At the moment I regret everything that has happened so far. It even comes to that point where I don't even want this child (I will not hurt myself or the baby, ever) but I can't seem to be able to bring myself back to my strong self. I keep crying constantly and wanting to just run away. I feel lonely, hopeless and worthless. 

Replies

• Well firstly, your not worthless..you've made your own decisions in life and even if you the regret is there you at time thought it was best for you. This man your with I can tell you now it's not going to work with you both, and by the sounds of it it was bumpy to start with and now there is a baby on the..a baby that never asked to be here but will be none the less. I understand your scared and feeling lonely of course you are! But soon enough the baby will be here and you need to focus on you and the baby..not him. Of course it's going to be hard but your going to be a mother soon and the baby needs you. Hopefully he steps up and realises hes a dad. You yourself dont need this stress of him in and out of your life..he either wants to be part of the babys life or he doesn't..you then can focus on you and your unborn  baby. I'm sorry to be so very blunt xx