Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Anybody tried cabage & bicarbonate test and been successful ?

I know there old wife’s tales but the cabbage test has been right for two of my friends one who recently had a girl and another who recently had a boy, I’ve been so convinced I’m carrying a boy even tho it’s my first to the point all I look at is boys clothes not girls , then I’ve did both tests today & both had a girl result.. intreged to know if this worked for any of you other ladies

Replies

• These are all just wives tales, so none of them are going to be accurate 100%. I know it’s hard to wait, but best to wait for your gender scan :) these things are just for fun. The heartbeat theory was incorrect for both my son and my daughter, the carrying high or low was wrong for both my son and my daughter, so there’s no accuracy to these things. If they end up being right for people, it’s just a coincidence. I’ve also heard you have sickness with girls, but I didn’t have sickness with my son or my daughter 
  • There is a blood test you can pay to have done as early as 8 weeks if you want to know before your scan 🙂
  • What’s the test called ? X
  • I am in the states, but here there is one called SneakPeek that can be done at 8 weeks. There is also one done through your doctor that also tests for abnormalities that will detect gender, so your doctor should have info on those 🙂
  • There is a blood test you can pay to have done as early as 8 weeks if you want to know before your scan 🙂
    How does the blood test work ?
  • You get blood drawn and it can detect the fetus’ dna and Y chromosomes will pick up if it’s a boy. My doctor told me about them