Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hello! and paranoia

Hi girls!

This is my first time positing in this forum so 'HI', hope you don't mind me joining you. I do recognise a few of you from the TTC long term forum so 'hi' to you too!

Got my BFP about 3 weeks ago, thought I was 8 weeks but following a dating scan it turns out that I am only 6 weeks and 6 days today.

I don't have any symptoms yet and I know I really shouldn't complain about this but it is most unnerving! Am sure when and if I get the symptoms I will soon be kicking myself!!! image

I was just wondering if any of you more experienced ladies could answer a query for me.....
I am ridiculously paranoid every time I go to the toilet to the point where I am running the loo constantly to check all is ok still! I think I am developing OCD! Does this feeling ever go away?

Thanks for any comments

xxx

Replies

• I was exactly like that for about a month after getting my BFP!! Its quite common I think, we all turn into knicker twitchers!!!

I started to feel a bit better at about 8 weeks, but I still get paranoid episodes!!

11+1 x
  • Hey Jem

Knicker Twitchers - that made me laugh but oh so true!!!! :lol:

Thanks for your reply, am hoping once i have the 12 week scan I will settle down a bit. Nice to know I am being 'normal' and not turned into a total fruitloop just yet!

• I was the same, it was horrible to have that constant nagging fear. The feeling only went away for me after the 12-week scan.... sorry :\(

Keep cheerful and banish any worries the INSTANT they start nagging at you!
  • Thanks girls

Oooh how exciting JBean you are nearly there. Good luck hope it all goes well!!!