Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Digital test says not pregnant. Non digital says pregnant.

Hi all.. looking for some thoughts.
i had a period last week.. this morning I woke up with cramps and decided to take a test even though I only had a period last week. It was positive! The digital says not pregnant. Thoughts? 

Replies

• Hey. Was it a normal period that you had or more of a light one? Some people can have normal periods throughout pregnancy! That looks like a strong positive to me! Did it show up within the time frame? People have complained about evap lines but that looks too strong to be an evap.
    Digital tests need more more of the hcg to pick up as a positive. 
  • Hey. Thanks for the reply. It showed up straight away and didn’t change. The last period was quite normal! I did another test and the line was faint. Ahhhh. I don’t know 🤯
  • I would say it's your BFP then!! Any chance you can try a First response pink dye test to be sure? Although I don't think you need to with these lines coming up right away!! 
  • That looks positive for sure!... but it might be that you had a chemical pregnancy and leftover hcg shows up. But keep testing... if the line fades away it might be chemical, if it gets stronger - congrats! But test same time in the day - preferred is first morning urine. So that’s why maybe second test is fainter just because it’s later in the day and you are more hydrated :smile:
  • I’m new to this.. what is a chemical period? I’m just having doubts as my period isn’t due for another 14 days. Although non digital test looks quite clear. I have cramps in my tummy. Thanks for the response really appreciate it!!
  • Chemical pregnancy is a very early miscarriage. 
  • Tor749 said:
    I’m new to this.. what is a chemical period? I’m just having doubts as my period isn’t due for another 14 days. Although non digital test looks quite clear. I have cramps in my tummy. Thanks for the response really appreciate it!!
    Chemical pregnancy. Not period :wink: it’s when egg implants (tests shows pregnant), but fails and you just loose it with your period. But for you at this point is too early to tell. You should be testing max 6 days before period. But maybe you are pregnant and your last "period" was actually something else. I would suggest to go to doctors and confirm that everything is ok! X
  • Thanks! Also I am meant to be ovulating atm according to my app & I have what looks like period blood on my underwear. Super confusing! X
  • Hi all.. this ended up a CP! Really hope next time is different. Hard being patient!