Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions

Tell Heinz for Baby your thoughts on their weaning diaries: £200 Amazon voucher up for grabs!

Replies

• Savraj it's hard when babies are overtired, I was told food before age 1 is for fun. Eg main calorie source is milk. So sometimes when overtired I would just BF 1st to calm baby down then if they took some extra food great, if not then no worries. Sounds like he is doing really well. 
  • Sounds like little Alfie is doing really well. The frozen yog is a great idea for sore gums. 
  • I believe that keeping it simple helps in the early stages. Blending just carrot or other veg, then building up to more complex meals. My kids ate anything at the toddler stage by following this route. 
  • I believe that keeping it simple helps in the early stages. Blending just carrot or other veg, then building up to more complex meals. My kids ate anything at the toddler stage by following this route. 
    Hi @Chilledout Thank you for posting on this Heinz competition, however to be entered to win the voucher, we need you to watch the weaning diary videos, and then comment on which babies video you watched and what you thought about them. 
    Videos can be found HERE
    Good luck! 
  • Baby Mia looks like she is doing really well for just starting, trying lots of tastes is what its all about. Lovely that she is taking the spoon to her mouth on her own, great work.
  • Baby Savraj and getting to grips with lumps - its so hard when they are overtired, it sounds like he is doing well overall with the different textures.

There was a really useful piece of advice on mini first aid re choking:
    Gagging - loud and Red let them go ahead.
    Choking - Silent and blue they need help from you. 

• Baby Alfie - bless his teething, hard when they can't tell you. He used frozen yog to help, we also found cold cucumber or melon helped sore gums too. A good tip were were given was to use an apple corer to cut a hole in the melon to help baby hands to hold onto it. worked a treat. 
  • Like baby Alfie I think that a variety is the best approach and the more relaxed you are then the better the experience for all concerned. When my son was being weened unbeknown to me, during the first week, a toddler gave him a piece of garlic bread without me noticing. He sucked it and when I saw it and tried to take it away from him he was not a happy bunny. He went on to love any food containing garlic. He initially demonstrated an aversion to vegetables until he tried them raw and spent the whole of his childhood begging for raw veg and would use broccoli stalks as snacks! Family meals and discussions at the table about anything but their food, to take their attention away from it, and a bowl for them to try is the best way forward.
  • I think it's great that Mia's parents continued to try new foods even when she wasn't keen on some - babies just need to get used to the different tastes and textures.  It's so good that they let her take control herself as seems like she was less distracted when she was feeding herself.
  • I felt bad for Savraj's parents that they had to combine weaning with a trip away - that's never easy.

It's great that they adapted his food by using the blender when he wasn't liking the lumps and it's good that they Heinz pouches offer a simple solution that he enjoys when they are out and about.
  • Alfie seems to be doing really well with his baby-led weaning, it's a shame that teething got in the way but the discovery of ice-lollies seemed to help.

It sounds like his parents are giving him a wider variety of food as he gets bigger and he really sounds like he is enjoying his food.
  • Little Mia seemed to really take to the porridge-you've got to love their facial expressions when trying out new foods! It reminded me of the importance of no distractions for them when just starting weaning-my little ones also got easily distracted, like Mia.
  • Good on little Savraj for trying chicken curry- I can sympathise with his mother's anxiety about lumps-it can be quite scary when littler ones are trying more substantial bits of food, but important to remember that gagging is a normal reflex that prevents babies from choking (I panic a lot!)
  • Of all the children -Alfie reminded me most of my youngest. He also got distracted and I still worry about him not eating enough. Homemade yogurt ice-lollies are a fab idea, love his little face! 
  • sophie56 said:
    Savraj appears to be thriving and enjoying different foods but his mother expressed concerns about his reactions to new foods.  I often let my baby have a tiny taste of foods off my plate which seemed to get him used to different flavours.  I found that my child may not take to one flavour but if I mixed it with another they were sometimes happier to eat it 
    Hello @sophie56
    Savraj’s mum here :smile:

That’s a brilliant idea. I might start doing that and he might take to new foods quicker knowing him and mummy are eating the same thing! X
  • Becky555 said:
    I felt bad for Savraj's parents that they had to combine weaning with a trip away - that's never easy.

It's great that they adapted his food by using the blender when he wasn't liking the lumps and it's good that they Heinz pouches offer a simple solution that he enjoys when they are out and about.
    Hello @Becky555

Aww thank you! It was emotionally tough but we wanted to take the plunge and go away or we felt we would always shy away from a nice (much needed!) break. 

We still have our trusty blender on stand by for those emergency moments ;) definitely a must have with weaning! X
  • Becky555 said:
    I felt bad for Savraj's parents that they had to combine weaning with a trip away - that's never easy.

Hello @Becky555

Aww thank you! It was emotionally tough but we wanted to take the plunge and go away or we felt we would always shy away from a nice (much needed!) break. 

We still have our trusty blender on stand by for those emergency moments ;) definitely a must have with weaning! X
    I had a quick look online and there are small usb powered mini smoothie makers and rechargeable mini blenders available  - don't know if they would be any good for when you travel!  

(I would leave a link but I'm not sure if there are rules about that on the forum)
  • Mia is so beautiful <3 Watching her on the video reminded me of when my daughter was weaning - very keen to be involved & to explore the textures. Like Mia's Mum I'm also an anxious parent when it comes to the mess, you somehow overcome it; maybe when you see how much they're enjoying it.
    I have 7 (soon to be 8) children & they've loved the Heinz range, particularly the porridge - I've been buying it for many years now & I will be with my newest arrival too.
  • They are all amazing aren't they?
  • Like baby Mia I love the stage when babies put everything in their mouths. It's then lovely watching their faces as they experience new faces. 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions