Forum home Birth clubs Due in June 2020

Due in June 2020 - Part 2

Hello everyone, 

This is a new continuation thread for the Due in June 2020 birth club, as the first thread is approaching the 1k post limit.

We've posted a link to this new thread on the old thread, so hopefully everyone will be able to find it easily enough.

Don't forget to bookmark this thread by hitting the green star ⭐️next to the thread title, so you don't miss out on any notifications. 

Enjoy!

Replies

• ChenisteMChenisteM Regular
    edited Jan 22, 2020 5:54PM
    Hi ladies! Had my 20 week scan today and now being consultant led not midwife led. Being scanned every 4 weeks from 26 weeks to check babies growth. We’ve decided to call her Gracie  <3
    They are saying because my first born was 6lb10 at full term and only on the 6th centile  that I may have another small baby although I’m still adamant my first born was a decent weight and had no issues but they are suggested if there’s a slow in growth this time they’ll have me booked in at 37 weeks to get her out! 
    Current due date is 9th June but may come forward to May x
  • Hi all 

thought I’d copy this over...everyone whose had your scan recently, copy and paste and add your hearts on! 💙💗💛

Our due date list: 

MillP - 28th May - 💛
    Georgiatim - 28th May - 💛
    Aangel1234 - 3rd June
    Sak93 - 3rd June
    Mumma87 - 5th June - 💗
    TryingforNo1 - 6th June
    AmyLS - 9th June
    ChenisteM - 9th June - 💗
    AC2984 - 10th June - 💙
    Karinenini - 10th June - 💙
    Lyra1318 - 13th June
    kmczer - 13th June
    MrsMCM - 14th June
    Followyourdreams - 16th June - 💗
    Vickyjay1 - 18th June
    Jetty1989 - 18th June - 💗
    MrsParaskeva - 18th June - 💗
    Laura_J - 20th June
    jojojazzy82 - 21st June - 💗
    Mbaby2 - 26th June
    Carleymct - 27th June
    Layla786 - 29th June
  • @ChenisteM at least they’re keeping a close eye on things for you! 6 10 does sound healthy though! 

I’m really struggling with my mood at the mo. I just feel so low and rubbish. I think it’s made worse by work being pants atm too. But my husband also doesn’t help! I try and talk to him but he just turns it round on why his life’s so hard atm when all I really need is someone to listen and reassure me. I feel like I’m the one carrying the burdens and doing all the reassuring all the time, I’m not allowed to feel rubbish myself. 
    I’ve had to come out for some fresh air this evening as he totally undermined me with our lb and I didn’t want to get angry or upset in front of him. But now I’m out the house I’m a mixture of very sad and very angry! I’m so annoyed that he’s spoken badly of me in front of our son and gone directly against what I’d said (I’d put him in time out and hubby went and took him straight back off it). But at the same time I just feel like crying and crying. 

I know this is probably down to hormones and I’m so sorry for moaning on here, I just needed to say something to someone!
  • @MillP oh hunnie! Vent away if it helps we are all here for you!
    Never good if your not on the same page but not great to be undermined in front of your little one!
    maybe a chat once he’s in bed later.
    im very lucky my husband is a saint really but your entitled to be sad/happy/up and down your body is working miracles at the moment and he should understand and appreciate that. 
    Work does take its toll I’m in the same boat at the moment I’m just hanging in there and biting my tongue! I’ve found my tether is much shorter now I’m pregnant haha! Someone’s gonna get it!
    always here 
    xx
  • Our due date list: 

MillP - 28th May - 💛
    Georgiatim - 28th May - 💛
    Aangel1234 - 3rd June
    Sak93 - 3rd June
    Mumma87 - 5th June - 💗
    TryingforNo1 - 6th June 💙
    AmyLS - 9th June 💙
    ChenisteM - 9th June - 💗
    AC2984 - 10th June - 💙
    Karinenini - 10th June - 💙
    Lyra1318 - 13th June
    kmczer - 13th June
    MrsMCM - 14th June
    Followyourdreams - 16th June - 💗
    Vickyjay1 - 18th June
    Jetty1989 - 18th June - 💗
    MrsParaskeva - 18th June - 💗
    Laura_J - 20th June
    jojojazzy82 - 21st June - 💗
    Mbaby2 - 26th June
    Carleymct - 27th June
    Layla786 - 29th June
  • DanielleMFMDanielleMFM admin
    edited Jan 23, 2020 9:08AM
    Tagging as many peeps as we can find from the first thread who have recently posted - please feel free to tag anyone we might have missed (sorry if we have missed anyone!). 
    @Karinenini @kmczer @amyls @Mumma87 @mrsmcm @Jetty1989 @Ac2984 @Bubbles616 @Layla786 @Laura_J @georgiatim @Cath654 @MrsParaskeva @lyra1318 @Mbaby2 @Mcbrooke @Carleymct @Sak93 @Followyourdreams
  • Sorry to hear @MillP, you have a community to talk to here and we all support each other. Hopefully your husband will understand that you do need support too as it is a very tiring period for you too, growing a baby is hard work!

I am also copying my post from the other thread in case anyone can provide more info on pre-eclampsia and hypertension, i am keen to hear about your personal experience as it is completely the unknown for me!

I just came out of my 20 weeks scan, baby was having a little party and wouldn't stop moving, making it difficult to check everything so it took a while haha. All good so far! Although they added 2 more scans to check any risk of pre-eclampsia or high blood pressure... anyone has experienced one of those? I have been reading a lot about it. They seemed to say it is not a big deal but obviously the more you read, the more worried you get! Thanks for your feedbacks 
  • Wow defo a lot of pink hearts going on there 💗

we have decided that we aren’t going to find out the sex until birth 💛

I turn 20 weeks this Sunday, but 20 week scan isn’t until 3rd Feb due to my husbands shift work, we had to push it back a little. So excited! 
  • Ooooo I’ve missed loads on here. Tried to catch up as much as possible but it’s difficult. I’m supposed to be moving house next week so things are very busy in my life. I also have my scan a week today.... can’t wait to find out 💜 or 💙.

@MillP I’m so sorry you are feeling low, like others have said - good that you can express yourself on here. 

@Karinenini I have been put on baby aspirin for pre-eclampsia as a precaution as my nana, auntie and sister all had it (plus it’s my first pregnancy). Think they will probably monitor me too. Think that’s a good thing! 
  • Hiya ladies. Jumping the rails I just wondered out of curiosity is anyone monitoring their weight gain?? I’m a little concerned of getting carried away then to think crap I have a lot to loose to eat back in my pre pregnancy clothes. 
    X
  • Thanks ladies. Feeling a bit better now after a few low days! 
    It’s weird, my last pregnancy I struggled physically but mentally was fine (until baby arrived then had PND!). This time round I feel so much better and it’s easier physically but I’m struggling mentally! 

@Laura_J! It’s also good they’ve taken a precaution against pre-eclampsia. My mum had it with all 3 of us but luckily I never got it last time, hoping for the same this time! 
    @Karinenini  I’ve not got personal experience of it but if you do get it they’ll keep a closer eye on you. My mum wasn’t allowed to go into labour due to hers and had planned sections, but I’ve no idea if that’s the case for all who suffer or just worse cases! Sorry I can’t really help much, but it’s good they’re doing some extra checks for you 

@MrsMcM! 3rd will soon come round! 

@Jetty1989 I’ve been monitoring mine but I’ve always had a bit of an unhealthy obsession with weighing myself if I’m honest! I seem to be gaining more quickly the last few weeks, so am worried I’ll end up gaining a ridiculous amount. However, I’m just trying to tell myself I lost it before I can do it again (I hope!). I think so long as we don’t go overboard on the treats and eat a reasonably well balanced diet we should be ok! (I need to lay off the chocolate oranges!) Everyone will gain weight differently during pregnancy even if they’re eating the same things...it’s just hard to see it going up! 

Oops sorry that turned into a long post!! Xx
  • Jetty1989 said:
    Hiya ladies. Jumping the rails I just wondered out of curiosity is anyone monitoring their weight gain?? I’m a little concerned of getting carried away then to think crap I have a lot to loose to eat back in my pre pregnancy clothes. 
    X
    I’m weighing myself every week or two but only because I run a lot so have always kept an eye my weight (mainly to make sure I’m not loosing). 

I agree with @MillP though, I wouldn’t get too caught up with it! I think we are all different, our babies are bound to be too and there are so many factors that can affect things. If you are having a healthy diet and trying to stay active that’s the main thing ☺️ 
  • @Jetty1989 I’ve decided not to weigh myself, I’m worried I’ll burst into tears 😂
    im out of my size 12 clothes & into a 14 now, so I’m going by that. 
    I’m also thinking that because we’ll have Summer babies, I plan to get outside & do as much walking & exercise with the wee one as possible. Then will see how I am come the end of summer. Don’t really want to put too much pressure on myself by standing on scales. 
  • To be fair ladies I think you have the right idea. I’m hoping that as you say once she’s here and we’re in the summer I can get out and about and shed any additional weight. x
  • Hi everyone, we wanted to let you know about some sponsored stuff happening on the forum. We have 3 chances to win a £200 Amazon voucher courtesy of Heinz - all you need to do is watch some weaning videos, and then comment on them! 

And if you fancy passing along your best parenting tips, there’s another chance to win a £200 Amazon voucher. Check these out on Latest Discussions

• I’m with @MrsMcM
    i know I’m putting on weight, but I can’t stop eating! I’m so hungry all the time. Haha, but I’m hoping just to get lots of walking in once baby’s here and hopefully shift some of it x
  • Hello ladies hope your all well went for my 20 week scan today and little man is growing lovely and everything was looking perfect we also asked her to confirm the sex but she didn’t need to it was clear for all to see 🤦🏻‍♀️😂 I had my wc injection the the other day and asked the nurse if she would weigh me so I could see how much I had gained and I have put on a stone so far I have no idea if that’s normal or a little too much it was a long time ago since I had my girls and I put on 3 and a half stone with them  xx
  • Hi ladies, lovely to hear that everyone is having their scans and all is fine.  My little man has been giving me grief this weekend gone, making me feel a bit nausea but think that could have been a combination of a car trip and the heat as well. 
    I have tried not to weigh myself, I know i have put on weight though. HAHA before i got pregnant i was going to F45 6 or 7 days a week and had completed the 8 week challenge with them, was probably at my fittest and healthiest (probably helped with getting pregnant as well) so was always going to be a struggle for me to change mindsets.  So i had to not weigh myself and just go with it.  i don't go too crazy. 

Having a bit of funk today.  Having a day where i am stressing about everything.  About maternity leave, about if I will be a good mum, about money, about the unknown. Just a panicking feeling today.  Anyone else just have a random day like that? 

Go to see my doctor this afternoon, follow up from the scan and also think i have to have my wc and flu vaccine injections... fun! Then after that, next appointments are at the hospitals with the midwives.  What about everyone else? 

Cannot believe I am in my 21st week.  Crazy!
  • Glad your scan went well @ac2984! Four days to go until mine.... any guesses whether it’s pink or blue?? I found a webpage that shows your individualised (by height and weight) calculator by week that I have been using.... https://www.calculator.net/pregnancy-weight-gain-calculator.html?ctype=metric&pstage=18&twins=0&cheightfeet=5&cheightinch=6&cpoundbefore=120&cpoundnow=130&cheightmeter=175&ckgbefore=65&ckgnow=68&printit=0&x=69&y=20 not sure if it’s reliable but might give you an idea?