Forum homeβ€Ί Getting pregnantβ€Ί Trying to conceive

Coming off contraceptive pill and ttc baby #1!

I came off the pill in November and had my usual withdrawl bleed, then it took 35 days for my first proper period! It lasted 6 days and appeared normal enough. My cycles were always 25/26 days previously and very regular. I am now DC 39 and no sign of AF and all tests are coming up bfn.

Has anyone got any tips on how to regulate their cycle that worked for them? I had started taking folic acid and read that it can make cycles last longer so I'm not sure whether to stop this. I was only on the pill for 4 months. I previously was on the pill for 15 years and when I came off it had no issues. It's just very frustrating 😒

Any help is much appreciated 😊
Β«13456755

Replies

• I was on the pill for 10 years and when I came off it to TTC #1 my first cycle was 56 days, second was 45 and the 3rd was when I conceived.Β 

I am currently pregnant with #2 - I went back on the pill after #1 but it didn't work out with being busy etc! So went on the injection x
  • @SecondDueFebruary2020 thank you for this. And congratulations 😊 It's just so frustrating not knowing what is going on. I'm sure you felt that too. Did you use OPKs and did you temp? As it's impossible to work out when you ovulate with cycles like this.Β 
  • Don't stop taking folic acid as you need that in your system ideally 3 months before you conceive. Apparently Maca root helps to regulate your cycles?
    It might just be that ovulation has been delayed this cycle, making your cycle longer. Have you been stressed or anything?
  • @SecondDueFebruary2020 thank you for this. And congratulations 😊 It's just so frustrating not knowing what is going on. I'm sure you felt that too. Did you use OPKs and did you temp? As it's impossible to work out when you ovulate with cycles like this.Β 
    It is frustrating! But when the time is right it will happen :) I used OPKs for 2 cycles and just felt that I was stressed so stopped - then just temped throughout 3rd cycle and that's when we conceived :)Β 
  • You're totally right it is important to take and I won't stop taking it. Must have a wee look at maca root, thank you for that. I don't feel overly stressed aside from wondering where af is. Although my hubby has been v stressed at work and so maybe it has impacted on me more than I realise. I have been sick every month for the past 3 so I must be more run down than i realise.Β 
  • Yeah that will make an impact on you no doubt, and worrying where AF doesn't help either lol it's like a viscous cycle isn't it!!

I'm not feeling bothered about mine atm but if I get to 6 weeks and she hasn't shown I'll be getting a bit stressy lol
  • That's so good you're not letting it stress you 😊 ultimately it will work itself out. Hopefully she is here before the 6 week mark. I think if I wasn't 33 I would be less stressy. And I know loads of people have kids beyond that but it unsettles me a bit.

Thankfully hubby has made the decision to take some time out of work which I fully support so hopefully this will help chill things a bit for him and for me 😊
  • @SecondDueFebruary2020 thanks for that. It's reassuring to hear. Temping does seem to be the way forward so I'm ready for it this time around. Not long until your second bundle arrives, I am sure you're really excited 😊
  • Yeah I get that. I'm 31 in March and this will be our first, hopefully. Always wanted one before I was 30 but things happened. So many people around d me have had babies and are currently pregnant and I feel like time is running out and fast.
    I've been feeling a lot of AF symptoms but it could just be my hormones trying to settle down

Ahh that's good!! How long does he have off?

• @SunshineB I hope it is af for you. I've been having af symptoms on and off.... It's driving me mad. But I think once you get true af cramps you recognise them pretty quick so hopefully that's the case for you. I think you just become so in tune with your body when off the pill and ttc that you feel every little twinge.

He has a line in for 2 months so that'll give him some time to relax and think about his next move. He's never off so I know how stressed he is. And that's not good for the old Sperm either..... πŸ˜‚ I am literally a crazy person πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
  • I used OPKs as soon as I came off the pill and started tempting my third month when I conceived. I was on the pill for 8 years after having my son
  • edited Jan 23, 2020 11:48PM
    @Rachel.a21 thank you for this and huge congrats!!! Did your cycles fall back into sync fairly quickly? Or were they longer? I am definitely going to temp in the next cycle. Maybe cycle 3 will be my cycle too 🀞🀞
  • Thank you! They were a few days longer but not super long. They went from 28 days to being 34-35
  • @Rachel.a21 thank you again and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy 😊
  • Yeah I think you are right there @cheesecoleslaw86 😫 I've had a headache most days this week. So ready for the weekend and hopefully I can relax a bit. How are you feeling today?
  • Awwww @SunshineB that's miserable for you. Not long until you can put your feet up and relax with a glass of wine/tub of ice cream/warm bath (whatever you enjoy).Β 

I am feeling better today thank you after a week of having a nasty sinus infection. I think being off work and cabin fever exasperated my levels of conception crazy lolΒ 

I have been doing my temps last few wks (not properly but just out of curiosity and to get myself in way of remembering to do it before I get up) and had a big drop today (lower than its ever been) so I think af could be here very soon which pleases me 😊 Imagine being excited for that.... This is my life now, hahaha! 
  • @cheesecoleslaw86 I can't wait lol want to to in my fluffy dressing gown with a hot water bottle and my book.
    Not forgetting the dog for snuggles.

Ahh that's good! I had a temp drop earlier this week but since then it's just increased a little bit and been steady lol πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
    I hope yours in AF so you can have a fresh cycle. Do you use Fertility Friend to log it all too?
  • @SunshineB that sounds perfect. I love my dressing gown and hot water bottle. I even have a work hot water bottle lol And animals are great, so therapeutic. I have a wee fat cat and she's just the best.

I haven't used fertility friend but I downloaded the femometer app. Would you recommend the fertility friend one? I have heard a few people talking about it.Β 
  • @cheesecoleslaw86 ohhh a work hot water bottle?! I've been missing a trick there!!

Yeah I have Femometer to upload my temp and then transfer it over to FF as the chart is easier to read.
  • Oh excellent, thank you. Okay I downloaded it there. All this wonderful technology and insight, makes you wonder how our parents managed it at all.Β 

Thanks for your on-going support it really helps. I hope you have a fab wkend and I hope af comes riding in on her broom for us both 😊
This discussion has been closed.