Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Hoping For A BFP In January <3 New Year New BFP - Part 3

Replies

• Hey everyone. Hope you are all well. I'm just plodding along still waiting for AF to come back after stopping BC. Quick question.
    .when do you all take your OPKs please? Time wise I mean. 
    On the cheapie sticks they say to take between 10am and 8pm, not first thing, but the clear blue ones don't have time restrictions on them.
    In my previous job I used to come home for dinner but I can't now as I work further away. So I only have between 6pm and 8pm to take them. I'm just scared that I'll miss my surge during the working week :/ 
    Would be interesting to hear what you all do x
  • @SunshineB I had a different schedule last year and was able to take them anytime. I found that I usually get my peaks around 10-11 am. It can be different for everyone and from cycle to cycle. I can't take them during the day anymore so I don't use them now. Just bbt to confirm ov and regular BD. It sucks when you do not have the luxury of taking them whenever. You can try taking them at night and see but you may not catch your peak. Worth a shot tho
  • Thank you @PinkSnow410 for the reply. I'm sure if I remember back to when I did them last year, I had a steady increase before I got my peak. So hopefully if I can see a high reading that will be something at least 😊
  • Yep @SunshineB give it a try and find out! It might just give you a better idea when OV is, if not confirming it. Can't hurt to try. 
  • Thank you @PinkSnow410 . Once AF returns I'll start with OPKs again then :)
  • @SunshineB also, download “premom” so you can scan them in and it will score them! The gals on here told me about it and it’s quite good 
  • @Aliciab90 yeah got it downloaded and tried a few to see how it works already 😁 it's really handy isn't it?! Takes the guess work out which is good. Got my thermometer and FF so I've started temping already....I'm feeling more prepared for ttc this time round  
  • I love premom n fertility friend
  • Hi everyone ... 15 DPO and 15 days past IUI... no AF .... no symptoms as such other than I notice some new red creaky lines (kind of like fresh stretch marks) between my navel and pubic area.... hope that's not just cause I am getting fatter .... too scared to test out of fear of seeing another negative.... going to just wait and hope AF doesn't come before testing... how is everyone doing ? Anyone left to test this month?
  • SunshineBSunshineB Regular
    edited Jan 25, 2020 7:51AM
    Very annoyed at myself this morning... knocked off my tempting alarm on my Fitbit and didn't temp 🙈  woke up an hour later and took the reading straight away. I was half asleep earlier when I knocked my other alarm off, didn't get out of bed or move etc. Does anyone know how reliable the reading will be? It's a big jump so I'm wondering if it's ovulation or if I should just ignore it?

@SwithR when is AF due? Hope you get your BFP 🤞
  • @SwithR
    I would just test if I were you, or do a blood test. Cause waiting longer just puts more stress in your body. 

I'm only 3 dpo so... I'll have to wait and see 

• @Jtk96 cycle buddy! 
  • @SunshineB usually they way If it's within 30 minutes of your normal reading then it's not a problem. One out I think will change you temperature though. Not sure by how much but it would be higher of course.

I would wait and see what tomorrows temp is like, if it's still high it's probably ovulation. But on firtility friend you need 3 high temps to confirm ovulation so just wait and see. 

If you can see what your cm is like it could also help out with confirming it, however cm can be egg white more than one in a cycle so. Just wait it out and see tomorrow and then Monday. 

😘 Don't stress these things can happen. 
  • Ahhh ok thank you @Jtk96 I didn't know that about the three temps. My CM has been a bit wacky this month I think lol I finished BC at the start of this "cycle" so it's not a true cycle yet. Will see what tomorrow brings :) we are waiting for AF to come back before ttc again as I want to know where I am in my cycle. Haven't really logged much yet.

• Jtk96Jtk96 Regular
    edited Jan 25, 2020 8:21AM
    @SunshineB
    Don't worry about it. I remember me temping for the first time, I didn't understand anything. It felt weird and I didn't understand Any of the charting and what it meant. 
    You can go on analysis and it will tell you there things about your cycle.
    😊 

Well coming off BC it could take a while for your cycle to go back to normal, a few months even. 
    Mine took like almost a year to be completely regular again. But then again everyone is different, maybe your lucky and after this moth your cycle is back in track 😉 
  • morning beauties <3 7DPO here half way through <3 feeling normal except the sore nipples which i havent had in a few months :neutral: n i was a bit gassy today too but were all good n surprisingly calm i usually get cramps 3 days before my af date so if i can hold out til 10/11DPO then ill know my answer.....i usually cave 10DPO but i really dont think itll happen this time.....i will also have my niece on those days so ill probably forget......just started getting a tummy ache as im typing this which i like never get so this is new lol but im sure it was the ice cream i had earlier
  • @Catlady220
    That's great, your almost there 😘
    I have been having stomach cramps too, but probably because I have been a bit stressed 😊 
    It's good that you have a distraction and that you can focus on something else. That's important 😊
    Did you do anything differently this cycle? 
  • @Jtk96 ohhh I've not really explored the app much yet but just found that Analysis part, thank you.

I was lucky last time I came as it took 6 weeks for AF to return and then I was evey 28 to 30 days . Hope I fall lucky again lol we will see. Thank you for the helpful info.
  • SunshineB said:
    Ahhh ok thank you @Jtk96 I didn't know that about the three temps. My CM has been a bit wacky this month I think lol I finished BC at the start of this "cycle" so it's not a true cycle yet. Will see what tomorrow brings :) we are waiting for AF to come back before ttc again as I want to know where I am in my cycle. Haven't really logged much yet.

That’s quite a jump for just an hour difference so I think it’s pretty reliable. I often wake up an hour before I take my temperature and nod straight off. It’s never affected my readings x
  • Oh I hope ovulation gets confirmed @RememberToBreathe 🤞 then shouldn't be long till AF returns. I feel excited 😂 x