Forum home Birth clubs Due in July 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in July 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• I’ve had cramps especially right at the beginning due to me growing so fast but the last few days it’s been an itchy belly button and muscle ache behind it. Bump is growing again by the feel of it lol
  • Afternoon ladies. I had my 17 week appointment with my midwife today... all my test results came back clear and I’ve got a low chance of downs which is fab. 
    We didn’t listen to baby’s heart beat, as I though.
    midwife said we’ll do that from 28 weeks onwards as routine. 
    She agreed to transfer my care to.l the city so that’s gonna make things easier for me with work. 
    How is everyone? 
  • My results also came back low risk !!! I'm not  getting any email notifications for this group any more:( ive green starred it 
  • @MrsP13 that's great news!! I bought a fetal doppler so we can listen to the babys heart beat at home! Best $70 I ever spent!! 

@Chloe87 also great news to hear!!

Got my results for downs and chromosomal abnormalities back a few weeks ago and am also in the clear for that! 
  • @thinkingpositive1 my aunt works at the hospital I’ve transferred to, in radiology - she works around ultrasounds a lot of the time. 
    She advised me not to get a Doppler as there is an increased risk to baby using it to much. It’s also quite easy to mistake baby’s and mums heart beats up. 
    Plus it won’t be long before baby’s kicks become so much more noticeable that it won’t be needed. 
    Here in the uk were encouraged to focus on baby’s kicks and routine rather than heart beat which is why a lot of midwifes appointments are completed without listening in. 
    I do however understand why people buy them and use them as someone who is always on edge when pregnant it would really help to ease a lot of my worry’s but I feel it’s not worth the money. 
  • @MrsP13
    That's handy having your aunt working in that field and so close to home!
     Yes I have read about some of the concerns around it, we have only used it a handful of times and not for more than a few minutes each time, i am good at telling the difference between babys heartbeat, my own heartbeat and the placentas beat, babys heart beat is superfast!! 

I am 17 weeks and a bit and still no kicks yet! I will for sure stop using it when I start feeling the kicks as I will be able to feel that everythings okay!! Hopefully I start feeling them soon!! 

After having miscarried and also having anxiety which has increased since being pregnant, it has put my mind at rest waiting for my scans!

• @thinkingpositive1 I can understand how it will help ease your mind after miscarriage, I fell the same way as you. 
    I felt in control of my anxiety with my son but this time around it seams to be a lot worse. We have a council system available through work that I’m going to get in touch with today to talk  about seeing someone as I feel I need to re-address it. 
    It great that your aware of the risk it’s surprising how many people aren’t same with car seats. 

It is nice having her work in the field she was able to prep us for what was going on and we got to see her a few more times than normal but it didn’t help when we tried to keep our sons pregnancy a secret and she was there at the 12 weeks scan so found out before my mum but it is what it is this time round it was a surprise we could share with everyone 😊

we’ve decided to host a small family party where we reveal the gender my mum wants to tie it in with a baby shower but I don’t think I can wait to long to tell people. How are people annoying there genders? 
  • @MrsP13 that's Good that you can hopefully find some support you need! 

That would be a cute reveal and baby shower duo! But I can understand not wanting to wait!! 
    I have decided to do a small gender reveal a few days after we find out! Not sure yet on exactly how!! 
  • I got one of those big balloons with confetti to pop looking forward to that 😊
  • Ooh I've been watching videos of thoss type of announcments! That's exciting 
  • I'm not doing no gender reveal or baby shower I'm muslim we do not do anything like that as we try to keep our happiness private x 
  • The balloon reveal sounds fun!! I don’t think we will reveal to our friends on social media until she’s born! I’ve told close friends and family already. We moved from the West Coast of the US to the East a few years ago and haven’t really made too many friends out here yet. All our friends are back in the West.  Maybe we would’ve done something like a big a reveal if we were back there so we could have a gathering. I think I’ll try to do a virtual baby shower bc of this same reason. A friend did that and it was great!!

@Ayana I understand wanting to keep your happiness private. I feel that way about revealing favorite names we’ve picked out. I’m not sure I want to tell anyone until she’s born. That’s interesting that your culture does that. So different than the West. I think it’s really cool! 👍
  • Mama2be9 said:
    The balloon reveal sounds fun!! I don’t think we will reveal to our friends on social media until she’s born! I’ve told close friends and family already. We moved from the West Coast of the US to the East a few years ago and haven’t really made too many friends out here yet. All our friends are back in the West.  Maybe we would’ve done something like a big a reveal if we were back there so we could have a gathering. I think I’ll try to do a virtual baby shower bc of this same reason. A friend did that and it was great!!

@Ayana I understand wanting to keep your happiness private. I feel that way about revealing favorite names we’ve picked out. I’m not sure I want to tell anyone until she’s born. That’s interesting that your culture does that. So different than the West. I think it’s really cool! 👍
    That's not really cultural. We just believe in evil eye. And myself and my husband try not to announce our happiest moments publicly only with family members really. I'm white european living in UK and I have converted to islam nearly 3 years ago so everything is still quite new for me but I do find it better to keep your life private because jealously from other people is serious these days.  Though, my 2 sister in law want me to do baby shower and party I just dont see a reason why 
  • Would you not be able to do a family get together to celebrate the arrival of baby? @Ayana
    thats basically what we’re doing. I have quite a large family and close to a few members. So we have a couple of my aunts, a couple of my cousins, my brothers, my mum and possibly my grandad coming to my mums house. We’re gonna make some food and just enjoy each other’s company. 
    Some of my colleagues in work have become close friends so they are interested to know but it’ll just be a quick conversation nothing more. 
    I Can understand wanting to keep your happiness with in your close circle it’s always nice to be able to share things like that with your partner. 
  • We are also having a small get together to celebrate our first baby! Will just be our parents and siblings and we are having a lunch together. 

We dont have many close friends so dont need to having a huge celebration, we have told close friends and they are happy for us. 

I agree it is nice to keep home and fimily life private! The world doesnt need to know everything!!
  • I still haven’t felt her move...
    I’m so looking forward to that! Hope it happens soon! 17 weeks tmrw!
  • @Mama2be9 on my son i didn’t feel him move until around 25 weeks then he didn’t stop. He’s still a wriggler now. 
    I’ve been feeling some movements mostly pressure on my right side. 
    I’m not looking forward to the cirvx kicking but I do live all the other movements. 

I’ve been so hungry for the last 3 days feels like no matter what I eat it’s not enough to stop me from feeling hungry agin an hour later. 
  • @Mama2be9
    I'll be 18 weeks tmrw and also still havent felt any movement yet!! 

@MrsP13 25 weeks! Was that your first baby? Crazy how all pregnancies are different! 

10 days until we find out the gender! Super excited and it cant come soon enough!!! 
  • @thinkingpositive1 yeah that was my first pregnancy. Some people fell earlier but I just had full on kicks by that point. 
    My scan is 2 weeks today and I’ll be 18wks tomorrow. Can’t wait to see little bean again 😊
  • Hi @Chloe87 - sorry about the notifications not coming through. Would you mind checking your Spam/Junk folder in case they're going in there? And could you also add notifications@madeformums.com to your email address book? Hopefully this will fix things.