Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

Early pregnancy pain limbo

I'm 5w 3d and for the last 3 days I've been having spotting in the mornings. It seems to be prompted by having a bowel movement (sorry for the tmi). 2 days ago a dull ache started to the left of my navel. Pain is a level 1 to 2 and comes and goes with the occasional sharper stabbing pain and period like cramps. 
Around the same time as this started my breast tenderness and crazy heartburn stopped.
Yesterday I did a pregnancy test that shows how many weeks and it came out as 2-3.
The midwife and GP said the same thing - I can't have a scan until I'm 6 weeks. 
I've been told to wait and see.
Has anyone experienced anything similar? I'm expecting them to tell me the baby is ectopic but the wait is driving me insane. 
I'm in the UK. 

Replies

• @DebraDolittle i would go to the ER if ur worried hun......if something is wrong they might b able to help before it gets too bad........i wouldnt wait the 4 days
  • @DebraDolittle i would go to the ER if ur worried hun......if something is wrong they might b able to help before it gets too bad........i wouldnt wait the 4 days
    Thanks - this was posted a while back. I since paid for a private scan and all looked fine. The spotting has stopped but the cramps have continued. I'm just trying a few things before I try to speak to a Dr again.