Forum home Birth clubs Due in July 2020

Due in July 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• Chloe87 said:
    Pregnancy acne has anyone suffered with pregnancy acne ? I'm riddled :( my chest is covered and so is my back and my hair line also luckily my face has only been affected slightly my skin is also very greasy and producing a lot of oil it's really getting me down nothing is helping and I'm to embarrassed to be undressed in front of my partner at the moment 
    My face has been majorly affected I have dry red patches over my face my husband says that's your pregnancy glow LOL. They say women who have very greasy skin during pregnancy are carrying a girl my mom also had acne and greasy skin like you... myself totally opposite I'm suffering with dry patches on my skin soon hitting 20 weeks
  • Mama2be9 said:
    @Chloe87 I haven’t had the acne so much. Sorry you’re going through that. Hormones!! You are beautiful even if your skin is having a tantrum! You’re growing a baby inside! It’s ok if your skin freaks out. Your glow comes from within! I know that’s cheesy, but it’s true. Try tea tree oil blemish stick, try exfoliating, try drinking more fluids to flush your system. I grew up with acne so I know what you’re growing through. ❤️

Thanks everyone for the kind words and encouragement! Still haven’t felt movement but due to my increasing anxiety, I contacted my midwives Sunday and had a nice chat with them and felt a bit better. Not feeling as pregnant during this time is totally normal. Some call the second trimester the paradise phase! Lol! They offered for me to come in today to hear the heartbeat of I wanted reassurance. I decided to head up there, 45 minute drive, to hear it. I’m happy to say, she’s still in there thriving and kicking!! While listening, there were some other noises and the midwife said that’s her kicking!! 🥰😍👏🏼 So I am now super relieved and feeling more relaxed. I see them again this Friday! But now I don’t have to go through the week worried and stressed! I’m really enjoying getting to know my midwives. They are so attentive and solid. They really are there for me even if I’m having anxiety and worry. I feel so grateful! 

My newest symptom has been increasing heartburn. I popped papaya enzymes like 5x today. Anyone else getting heartburn?
    I was treated by the dermatologist  for cystic  acne a few times but cant have the treatment while pregnant I've doing all the usual recommended stuff but nothing is helping and to top it off I've now got thrush is it save to use over the counter creams midwife ain't got back and doctors receptionist  wasnt interested my cats pooly again got home last night to find her foaming at the mouth 
  • Hiya all. Sorry for the long delay in writing a post. Hope your all well :D I'm 18 weeks and 1 day today and have my 20 week scan next week. I have to have a lengthening scan of my cervix to though due to my daughter coming early last time so they want to try and see if there's any indications of this baby boy coming early too. My sickness is definetly dropping and I'm eating like a pig. He gives me a good kick every now and again which is reassuring. Only down side is how tiered I am. They did say my iron levels are close to low and to take pregnacare. But looking at the size of the tablet there's no way I will be able to swallow them.  there huge 
  • @Chloe87 I have also noticed some acne the last few weeks but it's not oily, my skin is usually clear so its bothering me also and making me self conscious. I guess that's a normal part of being pregnant?? It sucks though! Sorry to hear about your poor cat. As for thrush I'm honestly not sure !!

@Mama2be9 aww I'm glad your mind is at ease and you got to hear baby girls heartbeat again! Also good to feel comfortable around your midwifes. I have also been getting some heartburn recently and it sucks! I have been drinking lemon ginger and peppermint tea to ease it a little.

@FreakOut bet you're looking forward to your scan! My 20 week scan is this Friday and I cant wait! We will be finding out the gender of baby too. 
    Glad to hear the sickness is gone! I've also got low iron and have been taking liquid supplements on top of my prenatals. 
  • FreakOut said:
    Hiya all. Sorry for the long delay in writing a post. Hope your all well :D I'm 18 weeks and 1 day today and have my 20 week scan next week. I have to have a lengthening scan of my cervix to though due to my daughter coming early last time so they want to try and see if there's any indications of this baby boy coming early too. My sickness is definetly dropping and I'm eating like a pig. He gives me a good kick every now and again which is reassuring. Only down side is how tiered I am. They did say my iron levels are close to low and to take pregnacare. But looking at the size of the tablet there's no way I will be able to swallow them.  there huge 
    Try boosting iron naturally with dates, prunes, spinach, beetroot, lentils, beans, baked potatoes with skin on, red meat and fish is especially important, pumpkin seeds, pomegranate, broccoli, cashews, wholemeal bread, chickpeas, dried apricots, weetabix, walnuts, raisins... there are also other supplements than pregnacare I never took pregnacare in taking vegan pregnancy vitamins which I bought myself due to higher absorbancy and levels of vitamins
  • Evening ladies. How are you all doing. I’ve been so tired this last week I can just about focus in work. My anxiety has been escalating as well which is probably adding to the lack of sleep. This is due to our scan coming up on Tuesday. To be able to try and relax I’ve been making things. I love to craft and with a new nursery to decorate my creative juices have been flowing. 
    Tonight I finished this mobile- baby’s room is going to be bunny themed. What do you guys think? 

• @MrsP13 sorry to hear that your anxiety has been bothering you! Being tired is no fun either. My anxiety has been getting a bit worse also. 
    This is our first baby so lots for us to prepare I dont feel ready at all!! 

I have my 20 week scan tmrw and I'm quite excited to see baby again and hope everythings growing well! Also cant wait to find out the gender! 

• I dont seem to be getting any notifications again :( 
  • Good luck for your scan @thinkingpositive1. Not long to go for ours. 
    @Chloe87 that’s odd. Maybe send @DanielleMFM a message she may be able to help 
  • Thanks for the tag @MrsP13 😉
    That is so weird @Chloe87 - so sorry, it must be so annoying. Can you try this for us please? 
    Firstly, check your spam/junk folder, as sometimes your email provider might think a notification is spam. If you find any notification emails there, mark them as 'not spam'. 
    Secondly, add notifications@madeformums.com to your email address book.
    Let us know how you get on? 
  • @MrsP13 thank you, and no you havent got long to wait now! Its Crazy that we are all almost halfway through our pregnancies 
  • Hello ladies, how are you all doing? I’m 19 weeks 2 days today and have my 20 week scan next Wednesday. I’ve still felt no movement so I’m looking forward to seeing baby on the screen! 

I also have to go for a gestational diabetes test at 26 weeks due to been 0.5 over the guideline, this is slightly stressing me out but just trying to remember it’s out of my control and it’s caused by pregnancy. Has anyone else had the test or have the had GD before? 

Xx
  • Thanks for the tag @MrsP13 😉
    That is so weird @Chloe87 - so sorry, it must be so annoying. Can you try this for us please? 
    Firstly, check your spam/junk folder, as sometimes your email provider might think a notification is spam. If you find any notification emails there, mark them as 'not spam'. 
    Secondly, add notifications@madeformums.com to your email address book.
    Let us know how you get on? 
    I did all this last time it worked for a bit now its stopped again 😩
  • @Chloe87 funny enough I realised this longing that I haven’t had emails for a while when I checked my spam they were in there. I think hotmail have this thing that if you delete so many of the emails it thinks it’s spam and switched without you knowing.

@thinkingpositive1 tour right it’s gonna super fast feel like I only just found out we were expecting 

@Charlot-2411 I have to have a gd test as well. I had one on my son. I was advised not to clean my teeth before hand as this can affect the results. Expect a lot of waiting around as you have to have a set of bloods then drink like a lucazade type drink wait around for 2 hours then have another set of bloods. 
    I have to have one again as my dad is diabetic and my weight is also 0.5 over. 
    Just hopping they book it on a day when I’m not in work early otherwise I’ll have to book some leave or make the time up. 
  • MrsP13 said:
    @Chloe87 funny enough I realised this longing that I haven’t had emails for a while when I checked my spam they were in there. I think hotmail have this thing that if you delete so many of the emails it thinks it’s spam and switched without you knowing.

@thinkingpositive1 tour right it’s gonna super fast feel like I only just found out we were expecting 

@Charlot-2411 I have to have a gd test as well. I had one on my son. I was advised not to clean my teeth before hand as this can affect the results. Expect a lot of waiting around as you have to have a set of bloods then drink like a lucazade type drink wait around for 2 hours then have another set of bloods. 
    I have to have one again as my dad is diabetic and my weight is also 0.5 over. 
    Just hopping they book it on a day when I’m not in work early otherwise I’ll have to book some leave or make the time up. 
    But I cant get it to go back I've added the email and marked it not as spam and its still going to the spam folder !!! Whes everyone doing tonight my partner  invited his mate over for a drink and now hes half cut so that's our valentines meal out the window  looks like it's just me and the cat and ik having a small red tonight as other wise I may commit  murder 
  • thank You @MrsP13 how soon do you get your results? I joined a Facebook group called gestational diabetes mums UK and I’ve had to come off it hearing all the stories about insulin injections and the diet etc etc! 

I’m sure all will be fine! 

Hope you’re well xx
  • So we had our anatomy scan today!! Everything looked to be growing well! Will have to wait till Monday for my doctor to confirm baby is 100%healthy and doing well! 
    Was so great to see baby again and see the 4 chamber heart beating away!! We found out the gender and we are expecting a little girl!!!!! We have some pictures they put on a CD so once I get them downloaded I will post a pic here 

• @MrsP13 I love the little mobile! How creative and fun! What a great way to channel your anxiety! I’ve been so tired since week 15 onwards! I haven’t been on a snowshoe hike in 2 weeks. I haven’t made it to the gym in 3+ weeks. I’ve tried to do little prenatal cardio videos on YouTube but I haven’t done one in a week and a half, maybe 2! Ugh. 🤦🏼‍♀️ My midwives aren’t worried about my inactivity and said to rest of I need. Maybe I will get more energy soon. They said to try to be active, even a little is good. So I will try but also rest of I need. 

@Charlot-2411 I’m 18w5d and think I may have felt something yesterday and today but not certain. Could’ve been gas and me imagining I’m feeling something bc I want to so badly!! Lol! I have my anatomy scan next Friday the 21st! 

@thinkingpositive1 a baby girl!!!! How lovely!! We’re both having girls!! So sweet! Glad the scan went well! Did you find out where your placenta is positioned? I’m looking forward to my anatomy scan next Friday and to find out about the placenta position as well as everything else!! So excited for your good news! Are you happy? Did you want a girl?! 💗

As for me: I had my prenatal appointment today with the midwives and got hear the baby’s heartbeat again and heard her kick or move but didn’t FEEL the movements! All my vitals and weight are good and in a healthy range so that is good. I got to ask a lot of questions. I checked out one of their books from their library called Water Babies and started to dive into that, as we are planning a water homebirth!! Looking forward but also anxious for my anatomy scan next Friday. 
  • @Mama2be9
    Thank you!! We are so happy!! We didnt really care either gender as long as baby is healthy!! My husband wants a son at some point so maybe next time Haha!! I did not find out the position of the placenta, I saw it above baby kind of right in the middle?  Not sure I will have to ask my OB on Monday, does the position matter for anything??

Aww that's great you got to hear the heartbeat again and hear her kicking around how lovely!! Glad you are keeping well, and got yo ask lots of questions. Waterbirths sounds amazing but honestly scare me a little, I always wonder if the baby will choke on water when it comes out?!?! Or is it used to that because it breathes amniotic fluid in our bellies?!?!
  • @thinkingpositive1 congratulations on your baby girl that’s wonderful. I can’t wait to see our little bean on Tuesday can’t come quick enough. 

@Mama2be9 thank you. I find it really helps. I e moved on to wall decorations now. I have a canvas I’m painting and some tapestry hoop pictures to make as well.  I feel the same with tiredness this last week or so has been exhausting. Hubby game me a lay in my his morning but now I feel like I haven’t slept at all. Just feeling physically drained continuously- chasing a toddler around isn’t helping either but he’s too little to do things himself. 

@Charlot-2411 from what I remember it was a couple weeks. Just a letter in the post same as 12 week results. All was good on my son so I have no worries it will be the same this time. Im doing well thank you. How about you?