Forum home Birth clubs Due in July 2020

Due in July 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• heres a pic of our little baby girl!!

@MrsP13 thank you!!! I know the wait seems like forever!!! Cant wait to find out how your scan goes! 
  • @thinkingpositive1 have you thought of any names? 💕

A water birth is the the most gentle way for a baby to come into this world from what I’ve read and understand. Yes, since the baby is weightless and growing in the amniotic fluid and breathing through the umbilical chord, it is the most natural way for them to exit the womb. I’m reading a book called Water Babies all about newborns and babies swimming naturally on their own, with the support of an adult of course, and the many benefits of water for labor, birth and beyond. Also water tubs are a GREAT way to reduce pain through labor. I’m planning an unmedicated home birth so this is going to be key for me! Here are some pics from my book:

@MrsP13 I love that you’re painting and getting creative. I will be having a bit more time starting halfway through next week where my afternoon job will be ending. So I hope to maybe get creative too and do some art therapy and paint or draw, maybe make something for baby’s room like you are doing! I’m inspired and will soon have more time to devote to preparation!! 

I didn’t sleep very long last night, 6 hrs versus the 10-12 hrs I’ve been needing and I felt it all day. I was cranky, emotional and had a little fit with my husband about all the things we need to get done and buy and how I need to start checking things off my list. This will help my anxiety lessen if I feel we are making progress. We have a stroller. We shipped all of our belongings that we left in California to Vermont and are awaiting their arrival. That was a big check on the list. I’ve started a registry and am trying to pick a date for the virtual baby shower that my friend is planning for us. Next, we will be ordering hardwood flooring to replace the very nasty dark green carpet from 1995 in the living room and will add some nice rugs. That is the next big project that my husband will do. I just felt super overwhelmed today and like I was on the edge of tears. I haven’t had too much of a hormonal/emotional roller coaster so far! But today I felt so tired and off. My hubby was very gentle and for the most part patient with me. I’m so grateful for his kindness and love. ❤️

How’s everyone else this weekend? Anyone have names yet? 
  • @Mama2be9 aww, sorry to hear you had a bit of a rough tiring day! Sounds like your husband was very good about it which is nice. I have moments like that also and then theres days where those things dont even bother me lol pregnancy hormones are crazy!!! I'm also planning to print some of my landscape photography for babys room and do some cute paintings! 
    And yes We have picked a name already, it is a name that runs in the family and I would love to pass it on... Not sure if I want to reveal it yet or not Haha, have you guys been thinking about names also?? 

Water birth sounds like the right choice for you, its great that you have been reading up about it also!  I am also planning on a natural birth but will be at the hospital. 

I did a little gender reveal surprise for my parents and siblings today, It was cute to see all there reactions !!
  • Hi all :) I'm due july 27th :D and haveing a girl xxx 
  • @Ashleyanne welcome to the group that’s awesome that your having a little girl. Can’t wait for Tuesday to find out what we’re having we’ll worth the 30min drive from work to the hospital for the appointment. 

@thinkingpositive1 we have thought of a girls name but not to sure on boys names. I’m hoping that this works in our favour as it did with our son lol 

I get so emotional these days also I was listening to a song from 1996 the other day and just Burt in to tears over how happy I was to hear it lol. 
    I’ve been exhausted also this last week or so I’m not sure if it’s anima or lack of sleep I had less than 6 hours last night due to getting up to use the loo and tossing and turning. 
  • @Ashleyanne welcome and congratulations!!! So exciting !!

@MrsP13 getting close now, excited to find out what you're having!!! 
    That's funny because we did have a girls name picked too and not a boys name before we found out! 
    Sorry to hear you have been so tired! Hope you get some well needed rest soon!
  • @thinkingpositive1 hubby’s been great this weekend and gave me a lay in both mornings and got up with our boy. I feel bad that he hasn’t had time to lay in this weekend, but he will have Tuesday all day as my mum is having our son over night so we don’t need to worry about dropping him off and she’s offered to take him all day so hubby can have a nice chilled day. 
    I hope sleep catches up soon too it’s hard work working and looking after a toddler when your all ready feeling so drained. I ended up napping this afternoon. 
     I’m super excited for Tuesday can not wait to see our little bean again eek! 
  • Hi all :) I'm due july 27th :D and haveing a girl xxx 
    Hey and congrats!!!
  • Is anyone super hungry all of a sudden ige had a roast icecream and quiche tonight and I'm still starving! Layed in bed debating  making a sarnie lol 
  • heres a pic of our little baby girl!!

@MrsP13 thank you!!! I know the wait seems like forever!!! Cant wait to find out how your scan goes! 
    Cute how do they tell from that scan photo the gender i cant see anything 😩
  • Chloe87 said:
    Is anyone super hungry all of a sudden ige had a roast icecream and quiche tonight and I'm still starving! Layed in bed debating  making a sarnie lol 
    I'm hungry every two hours if I dont even then I started feeling nauseous cant help my appetite at all
  • Ayana said:
    Chloe87 said:
    Is anyone super hungry all of a sudden ige had a roast icecream and quiche tonight and I'm still starving! Layed in bed debating  making a sarnie lol 
    I'm hungry every two hours if I dont even then I started feeling nauseous cant help my appetite at all
    I had breakfast at 9 30 then didn't feel hungry till about 4 so I made our roast for about half five six and haven't stopped eating since! I caved and had a ham cheese and pickle sarnie 
    During the week I'm so structured with my meals but at the weekend I just pick at this and that 
  • Mama2be9Mama2be9 Regular
    edited Feb 17, 2020 3:54AM
    Welcome @Ashleyanne!! We’re also have a baby girl due July 16 and I’m a FTM at age 37 🤪 

We are working on names but can’t decide on any or agree on any. I love one name and it’s really stuck since the beginning of when I started looking for names. My hubby isn’t to totally in love with it though but he hasn’t fallen in love with any yet. Still waiting for him to look more nd make a list!! But we aren’t sharing with anyone bc everyone has their own opinions and negative references and we don’t need any of that. At some point, I may share with you all as we get closer to a decision though!! 

I just watched the funniest video on nesting!! I got a little stressed yesterday about all the things we need to do and this video summed it all up in the funniest way. I laughed and cried at the same time. It was such a good laugh and release. When I laugh super hard, I can cry too, but it’s all happy cry. I want to share it with you all but not sure how. It’s on Facebook. The comedian is called Laura Clery and if you scroll a little down her page the video is called Nesting is Real!! So freaking funny!!! 😂👏🏼😂
  • @Chloe87 I’ve been starving every 2 hours since I was 8 weeks haha 😂 
    I get days where no matter how much I eat I’m still hungry. I figured baby must be having a growth spurt. I can easily eat every 2 hours without fail. 
    I work till 8pm quite often and it’s a 30min drive home. Sucks that the cafe in work closes at 2pm as I’ve normally eaten all my snacks by 5 then I’m starving till I get home. 
    On your gender scan they take a shot from baby’s bum so they can then see any genitals normally you don’t get picks of that lol 😝 
  • Hi @Chloe87 we're so sorry your email is still marking the notifications as spam - that's so annoying, but on the plus side, good to know they are coming through. There are a few ways of telling your mail provider 'these emails are deffo not spam so stop marking them as spam!' and there's a guide here, which we hope helps. 
  • MrsP13 said:
    @Chloe87 I’ve been starving every 2 hours since I was 8 weeks haha 😂 
    I get days where no matter how much I eat I’m still hungry. I figured baby must be having a growth spurt. I can easily eat every 2 hours without fail. 
    I work till 8pm quite often and it’s a 30min drive home. Sucks that the cafe in work closes at 2pm as I’ve normally eaten all my snacks by 5 then I’m starving till I get home. 
    On your gender scan they take a shot from baby’s bum so they can then see any genitals normally you don’t get picks of that lol 😝 
    I've had muesli this morning and am hungry again already !!!! 
  • Hello everyone I'm having a healthy baby girl  I'm so grateful I was thinking it's a boy until the last second 😍😍😍😍😍
  • Thanks for making me aware of the group @DanielleMFM 😊 I’m due July 26th with my 1st child - super excited!! Got our 20 week scan in just over 3 weeks, looking forward to then being able to go out and start buying for the baby 👶🏻 
    congratulations to everyone else in the group and look forward to sharing stuff with you. 
  • Congratulations on your baby girl @Ayana - is anyone else finding out this week? 
    Welcome @Ellis90 so glad you found the thread, and congratulations to you! 
  • Hope  everyone has a good Monday! I'm nearly at the end of my 13 hour shift had the worst cramps since 7 pm so bad they have made me feel sick took paracetamol at 7 and had a hot water bottle it's just starting to ease off now any ideas in what it could be its  like when u got sever period pain or guts ache am a bit constipated and gassy today...