Forum home Birth clubs Due in February 2020

Due in February 2020

1373839404143»

Replies

• AmyD0620 said:
    So I finally delivered our baby girl at 2:38pm today 🥰 Too tired to share details at the moment but she weighed 8lbs 2oz and is currently without a name 🤦🏻‍♀️ Absolutely over the moon 💜 
    Ahh congratulations!! 🥰 Hope you're both well x
  • Congratulations on all of the births. I am due on Saturday and being induced if not here before then. 3rd baby and first time being induced, very nervous about what to expect. Does anyone have any experience of inductions? I had a sweep last Thursday and one again on Sunday, I was 25% effaced, cervix 1cm long and 2cm dilated. Had lots of show coming away and period type pains and aches but nothing else. Was hoping it wouldn’t come to induction but starting to think it’s going to. Xxx
    I was induced on my first at 40+12. I had a good experience in the sense that it went quick. I was induced at midday, contractions started at 1pm and baby born at 19.48! There's still time for it not to come to it though 🤞🤞
    Ah that’s quick, I’ve mainly heard horror stories of it taking days! Keeping everything crossed he might appear in the next few days, had lots of niggles. Trying to do plenty of walking and bouncing on the ball to help him along xxx
  • AmyD0620 said:
    So I finally delivered our baby girl at 2:38pm today 🥰 Too tired to share details at the moment but she weighed 8lbs 2oz and is currently without a name 🤦🏻‍♀️ Absolutely over the moon 💜
    Ah beautiful!!! Congratulations 💗
  • Congratulations on all of the births. I am due on Saturday and being induced if not here before then. 3rd baby and first time being induced, very nervous about what to expect. Does anyone have any experience of inductions? I had a sweep last Thursday and one again on Sunday, I was 25% effaced, cervix 1cm long and 2cm dilated. Had lots of show coming away and period type pains and aches but nothing else. Was hoping it wouldn’t come to induction but starting to think it’s going to. Xxx
    I was induced on my first at 40+12. I had a good experience in the sense that it went quick. I was induced at midday, contractions started at 1pm and baby born at 19.48! There's still time for it not to come to it though 🤞🤞
    Ah that’s quick, I’ve mainly heard horror stories of it taking days! Keeping everything crossed he might appear in the next few days, had lots of niggles. Trying to do plenty of walking and bouncing on the ball to help him along xxx
    My sister was induced 2 days before her due date (a week ago) .. she was induced on the Monday and had baby Tuesday afternoon. It all depends on if your body is ready.. I found being up right helped me progress a lot x
  • @AmyD0620 what a beautiful baby! Huge congratulations to you, you look pretty amazing in that pic too - we can't wait to hear more about the birth and what you name her, when you're ready. 

• Our little girl was born today at 4:11am, 13 hours after the first contraction. She’s doing wonderfully. I had to go into surgery as my placenta wouldn’t go and I dilated too fast for pain meds but! We’re a happy family of three now
  • DaniFeb20 said:
    Our little girl was born today at 4:11am, 13 hours after the first contraction. She’s doing wonderfully. I had to go into surgery as my placenta wouldn’t go and I dilated too fast for pain meds but! We’re a happy family of three now
    Congratulations!! I understand the problem with the placenta.. I almost ended up in theatre on my first as we got to 45 mins before it would come and this time round it took 30 mins but was painful! Glad you're all settling 😍
  • @SecondDueFebruary2020 I didn’t even realise it was a thing I needed to be aware of! They gave me nearly two hours to try different things. Lucky you managed it. They want us to stay on the ward an extra night sharing a room with three other new moms. I’m pleading to get home 
  • DaniFeb20 said:
    @SecondDueFebruary2020 I didn’t even realise it was a thing I needed to be aware of! They gave me nearly two hours to try different things. Lucky you managed it. They want us to stay on the ward an extra night sharing a room with three other new moms. I’m pleading to get home 
    My advice would be to take the stay! They offered me to go home the day I had baby but I opted to stay as when you go home it is super over whelming. I miss being waited on hand and foot 🤣🤣
  • So my after pains seem to have warn off but now my milk has come in.. The first week is full of aches and pains lol x
  • Congratulations all you wonderful Mummas - what trojans we are 💪🏻 Our darling girl now has her name 💜 Amity “Mimi” 💜 and she’s so bloomin’ scrumptious! Settling in well as a family of 5 😊 xx
  • So my birth story - It was relatively quick tbh - had to go into hospital and stay overnight from Monday-Tuesday because they wanted to confirm that my waters had completely gone, which they had. I was having very sporadic and quite mild contractions but they weren’t progressing so on Tuesday morning they put me on the hormone drip (Syntocin) at about 11am and within 20 minutes the contractions were coming regularly and I delivered at 2:38pm! No stitches or further intervention thank goodness 😊 We stayed in overnight and got home at 6:30pm yesterday 👍🏻👍🏻 Very positive induction experience which I’m so grateful for. I’m guessing my body was very ready at 12 days over but still ✅
  • Hi everyone, we're pretty sure most of the babies from this thread have been born so we thought it was time to kick off your February 2020 Babies thread. If your baby has yet to arrive, please don't worry, and come on over to the new thread anyhow. 

We'd love to hear how you're all settling in, whether you're getting any rest, and new pics are always welcome :blush:

We'll close this thread soon, so see you on the other side. 
  • Hi everyone, please do come on over to the new thread - we'd love to hear how everything is going for you and the babies. @DaniFeb20 you hanging in there? 

• Hi everyone, please do come on over to the new thread - we'd love to hear how everything is going for you and the babies. @DaniFeb20 you hanging in there? 

We’re doing really well ☺️ Jack now weighs 8lb 11oz. His big brother is loving him and helping me with him lots x