Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Dark brown spotting

Hello as of today I am 7 weeks. Sunday morning around 330am I started having light brown and pink spotting that went away shortly after. That afternoon I had more brown spotting but slightly darker which went away shortly after also. That evening around 530pm I had reallly dark discharge mixed with red. It wasn’t heavy to where it was on a pad but it was quite a bit so I went to the er that night due to my past. They couldn’t find anything wrong on the sono they saw baby and heartbeat and diagnosed me with a subchronic hemorrhage. I called my obgyn the next day and they told me wasn’t any sign of a subchronic hemorrhage. Seems like they needed to blame something because they had no idea what was wrong. Anyway since Then I have been continuously been spotting brown sometimes it’s light sometimes it’s heavier(enough to get a steak on a pad but not a whole lot). Last night there was a bit of red mixed in with the brown and a chunk of tissue smaller than a dime. And I didn’t know if this was normal. When I spoke to my obgyn Monday they said the earliest they can get me in is the 3rd. They wouldn’t put me on anything or advise me to do anything just told me it’s to early to treat anything. And I’m trying not to worry because they say brown and pink spotting is normal but this has been pretty constant for almost a week now..

Replies

• Hey.. listen spotting is normal, I bled from 6 weeks to 13 weeks, some days it was like a period bleed and other days it was just red and brown spotting, if everything was okay on the ultrasound then you shouldn’t really worry too much altho I know it’s easier said than done x
  • Thank you for your response I appreciate it. I’ve just never had luck with pregnancy so I didn’t know if it was normal bless ❤️❤️
  • I am 7+2 today and last week I had some brown spotting. I noticed this small amount when wiping only on 3 occasions then again once the following morning but then nothing since then so I totally understand your concern and worry. How are things now? Hope your well.x 
  • Today was the first time I wiped and didn’t see brown. I get weird sharp pains on the outside where the crease of my left leg is leading to my vagina but other than that I’m okay abdominal cramps have finally gone down. I do occasionally get stronger ones but not as frequent. How are you??
  • Yeah same with the cramps, I still now and again get the odd cramp but not like what they used to be. Do you have a scan booked in?X 
  • The 12 week scan(if this one no) or just a sono? I have a sono tomorrow and another Wednesday. I found out the weird pain is called lightening crotch that I’ve been getting 😅 and it’s normal but has a hilarious name. You and I are super close today I’m 7+3 do you have a scan booked? 
  • The 12 week scan(if this one no) or just a sono? I have a sono tomorrow and another Wednesday. I found out the weird pain is called lightening crotch that I’ve been getting 😅 and it’s normal but has a hilarious name. You and I are super close today I’m 7+3 do you have a scan booked? 
     I didn’t know you could get lightening crotch that early on.. I’ve got 5 weeks left and I’ve got it bad 
    Aww I'm 7+3 today lol. Yeah they booked me in for an early scan this thursday so I'm quite nervous for that. I had quite a lot of cramps and stretching pains a few weeks ago. I was terrified. X 
     I didn’t know you could get lightening crotch that early on.. I’ve got 5 weeks left and I’ve got it bad 
    I had no idea either I did some serious searching to find out what was going on says just because my uterus is stretching it should go away soon but will more than likely return in the third trimester 😅
    Aww I'm 7+3 today lol. Yeah they booked me in for an early scan this thursday so I'm quite nervous for that. I had quite a lot of cramps and stretching pains a few weeks ago. I was terrified. X 
    I did to some were stronger and they freaked me tf out. I’ve never had luck with pregnancies so I didn’t know what was normal and what’s not. But there finally starting to relax. I do occasionally get a strong one every once in a while. The quick sharp pain shooting to the outside of my vagina is my only problem right now 😅 Is the 12 week scan just a normal sono to check how baby is developing?
  • The 12 week scan is called the dating scan.. that’s where you’ll have your official due date (altho could change if baby comes early or late)