Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Corona virus uk

So what are your thoughts that in the U.K. by this weekend we will have to self isolate for 12 wks this is really worrying especially financially 

Replies

• I’m now wfh until I’m on mat leave in 4.5 weeks. A bit worried about midwife and antenatal appointments being cancelled baby is due in 11 weeks. 
  • As far as I’ve seen my hospital is still saying to attend appointments as usual 
  • I dont know what to do either I'm just 24 weeks and I do not qualify for maternity leave yet. But only way is to self isolate and not getting paid I suppose... what do we do about this I work in healthcare sector and I deal with vulnerable adults and elderly and also have to travel to work quite far... I'm really worrying 
  • Well I’ve just been in work to have a chat with my manager and they’ve told me not to come in and to isolate for the 3 mths 
  • @Metalchick where do you work? I’m at a school, they won’t do anything unless they are told to. I can self isolate with 7 day sick pay but that’s it 
  • I work in a call centre for a large company to be fair they really do look after their staff they’ve also been telling people with chronic asthma etc to go home 
  • My employers have told me if I don’t go in I will not be paid as the information being given is only “advise” I’m so fuming!! I work in retail as well which to me is highly dangerous at the moment? What can i do? I can’t just not be paid I need the money? I’m 7 months pregnant 
  • @Sophiekinz123 see this is what is wrong! I’d only get 7 day sick pay and that’s it, wouldn’t cover the 12 week suggestion.
  • My employers have told me if I don’t go in I will not be paid as the information being given is only “advise” I’m so fuming!! I work in retail as well which to me is highly dangerous at the moment? What can i do? I can’t just not be paid I need the money? I’m 7 months pregnant 
    If you are 7 months pregnant you cant start your maternity leave already. So they cannot say anything 
  • I had my midwife appointment yesterday I'm 32 weeks and they've basically said I will now have no more appointments as they wont be doing face to face appointments, maybe just a phone call. I thought this was the crucial time as appointments become so close together. They also advised to self isolate and so did my boss so as of yesterday I'm now working from home but it was technically my last day as I was due to finish 17th April.

I'm deffo worried that I wont be able to have both my partner and mom at the birth,  I'm not due till may but it doesnt look like it's getting better :( 
  • I have been asked to work from home, which was expected as I'm 28 weeks and also have a teenager off school but God is it stressful! :/ 

I am worried about catching the virus, I am worried about keeping my job and my son's worried about GCSE as they've had no information regarding the exams and revision schedule. We've signed him with revision tutors anyway and they're saying they're still operating and taking extra measures https://www.justincraig.ac.uk/preparing-for-school-closures/ but I can't help but worry about it all. There's such a lack of information about everything, it's frustrating.