Forum home Birth clubs Due in June 2020

Due in June 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• Hey @Ac2984 how you doing? 
    I am working from home until the advice says otherwise. 
    I’m lucky to have that option but I just called my boss and said I didn’t want to risk it and she was fine with it. 
    I work for a pub company so a lot of my time is spent going to different pubs so just too risky in my opinion! Xx
  • I’m in New Zealand.  We only have 8 confirmed cases at this stage but yesterday I told my manager I want to work from home until I go on leave in 8 weeks.  She was also fine with that.  The government here is talking as if we don’t have community transmission yet but my husband works in the hospital and yesterday he was told that the ministry of health expects the first cases of community infection to appear any day now. 
  • The statement was released on my way home from work. I had a message from my manager when I got home from work to tell me not to come in tomorrow until further notice. I work at a hospital so I definitely don’t want to risk anything 😔 
  • @MillP I run a pub with my other half so constantly have different people coming in my bosses haven’t said anything as yet I know we can take mat leave from 28 weeks so could take it early I just don’t know what to do I don’t want to take any risks xx
  • Morning everyone! 
    I’m going to be speaking to my boss today. Either they can tell me not to come in and il get full pay or I will be starting my maternity leave early. I’m 30 weeks on Thursday so luckily just over the time when I can take it. So I will see what he says, he has been amazing so far, so fingers crossed x
  • I’ve been told to stay at home (although they were also cautious and told me to do so last week). I’m a university lecturer and we have gone online anyway so everything will be done virtually for the foreseeable. However, how are all the UK people feeling about being on lockdown in general?? 
  • @Laura_J
    i wasn’t worried, until the last couple of days. I haven’t been bulk buying or anything so I desperately need a food shop 🙄 I still need to get stuff for the baby. So I’m slightly stressed now about making sure I’m ready for baby. How are you feeling? X 
  • Hi everyone, we've put together information about Corona virus especially relating to pregnancy - we will keep updating this information as it changes. We hope it helps.  
  • @georgiatim I’m exactly the same. We did our normal food shop on Sunday though. 

Have also got a list of things we need for the baby so think I’m going to start thinking about online shopping or sending family out for some of the stuff. I have a decorator here today doing the nursery (glad we have been organised on that front).

it sounds like the government are just being cautious with advice for pregnancy but it’s still a worrying time all the same! 
  • I’ve just been food shopping and managed to get most bits! Yeah think I will have to do online shopping for the baby bits. My boss sent me home today and told to self isolate, so I’m stuck at home now! I’m glad they are being cautious but also going to be so bored!  X
  • My bosses haven’t even mentioned it to me I’m not really sure what to do I see the midwife on Friday should I wait and see what she says?? Or do you think I should just say I’m not going in? Xx
  • @Ac2984
    ask them what your options are. They should be taking it seriously, we don’t know enough to say your okay to carry on working. With the environment you work in I would say it’s not worth it. So I’d just say to them due to the updated news, what are your options work wise? 
    Xx
  • Ladies I know the Coronavirus is at the forefront of everyone’s mind.... but I’m wondering if any of you have had a stomach bug or diahorea whilst being pregnant and what the doctor/ midwife advised to do or take? It’s been going on for the past few days but thought I may ask you lot before wasting my doctors time tomorrow. 
    Thanks 
  • @Ac2984 I would definitely be having the conversation! Where abouts do you live? 

@Jetty1989 I haven’t so can’t really advise there, sorry!! 
  • I just messaged my boss and said mark was going to be doing my shifts until I’ve seen the midwife on Friday and that I’m not willing take any unnecessary risks she just said of course xx
  • Jetty1989 said:
    Ladies I know the Coronavirus is at the forefront of everyone’s mind.... but I’m wondering if any of you have had a stomach bug or diahorea whilst being pregnant and what the doctor/ midwife advised to do or take? It’s been going on for the past few days but thought I may ask you lot before wasting my doctors time tomorrow. 
    Thanks 
    @Jetty1989 how you feeling today? Any improvement? 
  • Hiya Danielle 
    still suffering but I’m hoping all these hydration salt things are going to help. It’s hard to figure out if the stomach ache is intact my stomach or the fact that baby no longer has any where to go. Waiting on a call back from the doctor but I’m sure they will just say what I’m already doing. 
    I think if it wasn’t my first pregnancy I’d be a bit better clued up with everything.
  • @Jetty1989
    sorry to see your not feeling well. :( 
    unfortunately haven’t got any tips to help you, but hope you feel better soon x
  • Hey @Jetty1989 how you feeling? Did doc help at all? 
    I haven’t had anything like that while pregnant but whenever I do normally I try to stick to really plain foods, eg potato and carrot as they help to settle your tummy and line it much better. Stay clear of rich, fatty or oily foods...but I’m sure you know that already! 
    I hope you feel better soon xx
  • Hi ladies!

so the doctor says Aslong as baby is moving like normal then to treat with staying hydrated and wait for it to pass. Oh the delights! However I’m lucky that I’m not suffering like some with this virus. I was hoping to keep working (self employed domestic cleaner) for aslong as I can but I’ve already had a few clients stop me from going as they either have a raised temp or are concerned for my well being. Think maternity may start sooner rather than later. 

How are you all doing at this stage in pregnancy?? 

x