Forum homeā€ŗ Babiesā€ŗ Baby

Rainbow Babies šŸŒˆšŸ‘¶

Replies

• Awww @EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 theyā€™re so gorgeous though!!! Itā€™s hard work, thereā€™s no denying it is there! The ballet sounds good- just something to occupy her!xxx
  • @EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 & @EmJ3

so I have confirmation from work that I have to go in although wonā€™t be as many hours and if we go into lockdown Iā€™ll be paid full pay so thatā€™s a weight lifted!Ā 
    I definitely wouldnā€™t be paying nursery fees if theyā€™re shut! Iā€™d take her out personally! They could be off for 6 months!Ā 
    Ā Iā€™ve paid for lilys activities til the end of March but I donā€™t know whether to carry on paying, she does 3 a week (ballet, acro & rainbows) itā€™s too much to pay when sheā€™s not learning anything, what do you guys think?Ā 
  • @EmJ3 I'd take her out if you're guaranteed she'd get back in. The government have agreed to pay 80% of wages if they're out of work so there's no reason to feel bad.

@Mummytolilyandharry I wouldn't be paying for what she can't do. We get a refund for Evies gymnastics and both of their swimming and they just take the money again when it starts back up. Everyone will struggle the next few months, rainbows is run by volunteers so you aren't affecting salary and as above the government has pledged money to those out of work - people aren't going to keep paying hubby for meals he can't provide and it's basically the same thing. Literally the only reason I'm continuing paying ballet is because they're now providing 3 online sessions a day (for each age group) to make up for missed lessons so I feel they're still earning it.Ā 
  • Happy Motherā€™s Day to all the lovely mums, step- mums and mums-to-be!Ā 
    Remembering all the struggles, all the losses and all the miracles today!šŸŒøšŸ’•šŸŒ·šŸŽ€šŸ’–xxx
  • Happy Mothers Day to you all xx
  • Hello everyone! How are we all coping in lockdown? We recently bought a place in Spain and was there for around 4 weeks (just before lockdown) and her skin really flared up. She has eczema but Iā€™ve never seen it so bad. The doctor gave us steroids which straight away cleared it up but we could only use it for 7 days but as soon as we stopped using it itā€™s really bad again!! Lilyandharrysmummy- I know Harry has it bad too. Anything you can suggest? I tried the dream cream which made it 1000 times worse. Doctor has given me loads of stuff also but only thing that works is the steroids!xx
  • @MickeyS oh no šŸ˜­ itā€™s horrible isnā€™t it, Harry first got it when he was about 4 months and dream cream cleared it up completely but then when he got it the winter just gone it made it worse! Steroid cream is the only things thatā€™s cleared Harrys too! Once weā€™d stopped using it after a week his came back just as bad as before so we took him back to the doctors and they prescribed a lower dose on prescription for 4 months along with a massive tub of emollient which you can also use in the bath, it might be a bit tricky for you to get back to the doctors atm so a few of these things helped settle it but not completely clear it, we used balmonds (itā€™s a balm you can get from Holland and Barrett, it doesnā€™t smell great šŸ¤¢) we now only use aveeno or the doctors emollient (Weā€™ll only use the emollient if weā€™ve run out of aveeno) in the bath & aveeno do a dermexa baby range which is specifically for eczema that definitely helped using the cream during the day and they have a night time balm (you can get them both in boots or Superdrug) I was using balmonds or aveeno every time I changed his nappy just to soothe the really bad areas, Iā€™ll only wash his clothes with fairy and we did change his milk to soya milk for a few weeks because dairy & eggs can cause it & cheese and eggs are Harrys favourite food so I thought if I can change his milk without him realising it might help but tbh I donā€™t think it really made much of a difference as he only has a small bottle for bedtime anyway, heā€™s pretty much all clear now, I just Him moisturise twice a day now and pop a bit of the steroid cream on him whenever any area starts to flare up which is maybe every few days - once a week, I think now the weathers getting better itā€™s clearing up on itā€™s own, the central heating definitely doesnā€™t help, I hope it goes for her soon itā€™s horrible seeing them so sore and scratching constantly šŸ˜” xx
  • @MickeyS ooh I would also keep her in 100% cotton pyjamas as much as you can to stop anything rubbing against it xx
  • Hey @MickeyS hope all is good aside from the skin flare ups. A place in Spain sounds fabulous. Hopefully you can get back out there soon once the virus is over!

Hope you're all coping OK with the lockdown and toddlers!Ā 
  • Hi ladies, I hope youā€™re all doing ok at this strange time! @EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 how are things with 2 now?Ā 
    @Mummytolilyandharry howā€™s the home schooling going?
    @MickeyS I hope her eczema clears up.

Iā€™m finding lockdown a little difficult with the kids. Matildaā€™s nearly 8 months and cries a lot of sheā€™s not occupied!!!šŸ™ˆšŸ™ˆšŸ™ˆ sheā€™s really good but sheā€™s getting bored!!! Jackson doesnā€™t like doing his school work and Iā€™m still working from home. Maizieā€™s older so she just gets on with it!
    I miss my mum and dad and normal life! I know itā€™s for the best but god sometimes the days are long!! Haha!
    itā€™s so much better if the sun comes out, I donā€™t feel as trapped in the garden! Is everyone feeling similar?xxx
  • @EmJ3 this pair had be up solidly from midnight until 5.30 between them, then up for the day at 7. Was taking to my sister who said 'well why did you sit up all night?' - yes, it was my choice to right enough?????

We were due to get the garden redone by a landscaper in the new few weeks but that's obviously out of the window, so we've had to settle for building a new toy shed and pressure washing the patio so we can at least sit out. It's definitely better than being indoors when it's dry!

I do feel for older kids because although we do baby classes she's quite happy to do the online versions and play with the dog, older kids are used to seeing friends daily so it must be a massive shock to the system!Ā 
  • Oh god! Your night is blimming hard!! One question... why did you sit up all night????!!!!!šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ™ˆšŸ™ˆšŸ™ˆ As if you chose that!!!šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£Ā 

itā€™s just hard work isnā€™t it. We ripped up our living room floor literally the day before lock down as we were having new tiles put down the following day- then this happened. Itā€™s like a builderā€™s site- so annoying!!!

xxx
  • When I said ā€˜weā€™, I meant my hubby!!šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£xxx
  • @EmJ3 naptime is 11 o'clock and I'll be joining her then spending the afternoon in the garden!

We're doing Jamie's milk challenge today, just 1oz normal formula in with his Alfamino increasing daily but I'm worried his reactions will have gotten more severe than before and it will be weeks to rid his system again :/
  • Oh god @EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 I hope the milk challenge goes ok for Jamie!Ā 

Iā€™m going in the garden too! Canā€™t take this crying much more!xxx
  • Thanks for the advice Mummytolilyandharry! I will try the balm from Holland and Barrett. Hopefully they will deliver šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø She scratches so much, she bleeds!! Itā€™s so horrible. I also have the big tub of emollient. I also have this... but havenā€™t used it yet... is this what you mean?
  • @EmJ3 milk challenge was awful. He had 2 6oz bottles (1oz normal formula in each) and he came out in a rash, crying, thrashing, runny nappies etc so safe to say we stopped it. He seems much more like himself this morning. How are the kids enjoying Easter break? It's a weird one!Ā 

I don't know about anyone else but my garden is going to be lovely by the time lockdown is over šŸ˜‚. We even had a picnic for dinner last night šŸ˜‚

• @EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 she looks so cute with her picnic though!!!
    poor Jamie- will it be better to wean him earlier maybe? How old is he now?

@MickeyS I hope her eczema eases.
    My hubby has it bad and uses Aveeno too.
    xxx
  • @EmJ3 hes 4 months today. He celebrated by launching himself at my breakfast which I think is a sign šŸ˜‚ we have a 'meeting' about dairy free weaning in 3 weeks so hoping to hold off until then if he let's us!

• Haha @EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 heā€™s so cute. Yeah heā€™ll be nearly 5 months then so hopefully you can hold off a bit. Poor Jamie though!!!Ā 
    He defo wants that banana!!!šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ™ˆ
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions