Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

where are you keeping your pram

till little one arrives, i'm 24 weeks and we are ordeing the pram this weekend i wanted to get it delivered to home and keep it there so i can play with it and have a practice putting it up down etc but my mum was appauled when i told her!!!

Are you keeping yours at home or elsewhere??

Replies

• I've kept mine at home with me, had it since i was around 32 weeks, i'm now 38 weeks, and its all set up, in its place, ready to be used!!

Mum was appauled too, aswell as aunties, but i personally think its an old tradition and wanted my pram here with me!! Makes me feel more prepared seeing it there, and really happy being able to play with it!!

It's a personal choice and depends on how superstitious you are!! Totally up to you though xxxxx
  • apparently its bad luck to keep the pram in the house before lo arrives, we got our delivered at home and are storing it in the garage for now, that way i still get to play with it hehe!

ashy 38+1 xx
  • I've kept mine at home with me, had it since i was around 32 weeks, i'm now 38 weeks, and its all set up, in its place, ready to be used!!

Mum was appauled too, aswell as aunties, but i personally think its an old tradition and wanted my pram here with me!! Makes me feel more prepared seeing it there, and really happy being able to play with it!!

It's a personal choice and depends on how superstitious you are!! Totally up to you though xxxxx
  • Hi

I kept mine at MIL only because we were sorting the room i'm due in 3 weeks and have got it back now dont want to be messing around when little one is here and not knowing how to work it.
    H
    37+3 x
  • At home in the Nursery upstairs out the way.

I've had mine for ages. This is second baby and second time I've done it so dont believe in all that old fashioned crap of bad Omens and bad luck having baby stuff in your home before the birth!

If you ask me it was invented by pain in the arse Mothers and MILs so they can have them at theirs and play with them and exert some control over you! of course she was appauled! it means she cant be in control of it and that your grown up and that you are making your own choices! its hard to take for some mums

Same as a Curry and a shag is supposed to bring on labour! I've even heard girls saying your supposed to 'swallow' I mean seriously!?!! that was SO thought up by a MAN! do I look stoopid! LOL

Store it wherever you like, put a doll in it and fricking USE it if you want! its your pram your baby your house!!! YOUR RULES.

Emma xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    30+6

PS and yes the hormones have got a hold on me again today!! GRRRRRRR I could punch someone today lol!!

• Mrs Ikea you made me laugh lol!!
    Probably is true he he...
    I have left our pushchair at MIL house though only so it was out of way as we were still decorating etc.
    Hubby will be putting it up in next week or 2 and i can play with it! And he can as am sure he will want to lol..
    Definatley agree a man must have invented the rule about swallowing! xxx
  • ours is at mil's.
    I'd heard all the "you can't keep it in the house..." but the only way that having the pram in the house is going to be bad luck is if i trip over the damn thing.
    apparently my gran had a real go at my mum for keeping their pram in the house but my mum thought it was rubbish.
    ours is at mil's because we need to sort out our loft and nursery and having 3 extra boxes taking up room isn't going to help.
    i'd have never stopped playing with it if it was in the house...
  • Mine is also at my mums all set up ready to go in the baby's room there (yes spoilt she is already)

We didn't really want it home anyway as we need the room to decorate etc so I thought I'd humour her as she believes in the old wives tale.

Anyway, I love it so much, as Mrs Ikea suggested, I prob would be pushing it down the street with a doll in it! x
  • Ours will be kept in the nursery until it's needed. We're not superstitious (have i spelt that right??!!??? lol) get's delivered when i'm 35 weeks, wished it was sooner as i need to teach OH how to use it haha
  • Mrs Ikea, you made me laugh. My MIL is VERY into all that mumbo jumbo so for the sake of peace we will probly keep it as her house - I cant be dealing with all the bla bla bla bla bla nag nag nag nag we would get otherwise.
  • Mrs Ikea ROFL re MIL and swallowing. Think you hit nail on head!

Mine is at my mums. She is superstitous, im not and agree with Mrs Giddy. However its simply around the corner from us and it means more to her than it does to me and she has been fantastic and has even nested for me. my house is spotless! thanks Mum lol.

Does anyone know the origins of the old wives tale?? everyone i have asked doesnt xx
  • I'm not superstitious either, but my pram is at my parents house.

My Mum and MIL both mentioned the superstition, our parents have been so good to us buying pretty much all the 'big' items for baby, so I didn't mind making this concession to them.

Looking forward to my folks bringing the pram round whenever baby decides to make an appearance though...

I have heard of people rushing about to pick loads of stuff up when baby is born, but I am quite happy to have a cot, car seat etc all ready!

thistle 40+3

• We bought ours very early on and it was kept in the house. We built it a few weeks ago and have a blanket thrown over it in the hall, I keep playing with it image

Its totally up to you hun, whether or not your believe this superstition. I don't believe this one but hey, I avoid ladders and look for a second magpie when I spot one on its own lol

C 37+3 xxx
  • Mrs Ikea you do have a way with words that i love haha

mines in my room, no where else for it to go. All this superstition crap annoys me, be cautious but dont go over board with old wives tails and superstitions for goodness sake!

I like to have a play every now and again to make sure i can do all the changes once bubba is here. Have resisted putting a teddy in it and walking round the block lol

alice xx 27+3
  • Just wanted to add that this superstition is not too bad. As in some Asian cultures they are not allowed to buy or have anything at home until baby is born- where i worked before i finished for my m/l some of the ladies that followed this traddition were really shocked by the amount of stuff i had already. But in my eyes i would feel so out of control if had to wait until baby arrives!!! x
  • hahahaha you lot crack me up, i so want to put a teddy in mine and push it around the block!!!!

i guess i will see how i feel im not superstitious at all just my flamin mum putting worry in my head arghhhhh!!
    i should say my hubby is loving the "swallow" one he says we should do that 3 times a day just so he can meet baby sooner lol

xx
  • Hahahahaha Mrs P im sooooo not telling hubby that when he gets in from work, he's already looking forward to all the curries and the sex when I go on mat leave in a few weeks, I dont need anymore apparently labour inducing methods or my labour will be that quick i'll be doing what my midwife said and birthing on the bathroom floor!

Oh and re the topic its at my mums till we pick it up on 4th October I'll be 33 weeks then image

Em 31 + 2 x x x
  • With my daughter we had the pushchair in the house when it arrived, my Mum was funny about it but its not up to her so I just ignored her as I do with many things she tries to give advice on.lol My sister is due in about 5 weeks and still lives at home and she has had to keep the pushchair at the baby's dads house until she gives birth!Ridiculous!

7+6