Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I didn’t take folic acid, will my baby be healthy?

I am 17 weeks pregnant and I was not able to take folic acid in the second or third month due to severe morning sickness. I am really concerned about my baby’s health. This is my first baby and now that I’ve started taking medicines again I really wish that I wouldn’t have missed taking folic acid and I really hope that this won’t harm the baby’s health. If there’s anyone who has been through the same situation please let me know since I am really depressed and can’t stop thinking about it. Will my baby be healthy? 

Replies

• Hi.

Didn't want to read and run.

How are you feeling now?

Have you spoken to your midwife about how you feel? X
  • I am 36 weeks pregnant and I haven’t taken folic acid this pregnancy as I felt really sick until about 22 weeks. My midwife has asked whether I had been taking it and didn’t seem too concerned when I said I hadn’t. I didn’t really take it that much with my first child either for the same reason and she is happy and healthy. Speak to your midwife if you are worried though.