Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Preseed - how do we use it?

bee406bee406 Regular
edited Mar 27, 2020 11:02AM in Trying to conceive
Hi, we recently started using preseed. But have been using it without the applicators as we only seem to need it for the initial penetration. Should I be applying it inside using the applicators for it to work? Or just the way we use it now on both of us will work? Thanks.

Replies

• If you’re wanting to use it to help the sperm swim where they need to, you would need to use the applicator
  • If you’re wanting to use it to help the sperm swim where they need to, you would need to use the applicator
    Thanks! Will give it a go. Appreciate you taking the time out to reply. 
  • You’re very welcome!  
  • The instructions say it can be used with or without the applicator.

I never used the applicator. Didn't like the idea of it. 

To be honest tho, I just bought it to use it as a lube, as we always use lube anyway. Bought it because I heard that other lubes can slow down sperm.

I did happen to fall pregnant the same month I started using it, but think that was coincidence. My cycles were still sorting themselves out after coming off the pill. First period took 7 weeks to arrive, next was 3 weeks, super short. Got pregnant next cycle. Using it didn't do any harm!!

Good luck ttc.

• JaneDC said:
    The instructions say it can be used with or without the applicator.

I never used the applicator. Didn't like the idea of it. 

To be honest tho, I just bought it to use it as a lube, as we always use lube anyway. Bought it because I heard that other lubes can slow down sperm.

I did happen to fall pregnant the same month I started using it, but think that was coincidence. My cycles were still sorting themselves out after coming off the pill. First period took 7 weeks to arrive, next was 3 weeks, super short. Got pregnant next cycle. Using it didn't do any harm!!

Good luck ttc.

Thanks! Yeah, I got it for the same reason as I read others arent the best and we always use lube.