Forum home Birth clubs Due in March 2020

Due in March 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• We are the same. My mum lives next door and it's only her and my partners mum who have seen Rex. No one else untill at least the lockdown is over x
  • Liams mum and dad have seen him but they live Iver the road and liams mum tok me to hospital and she ended up being in the rim when I delivered so I had the two birth partners even though they out it down to one as I was so quick 
  • My parents will be looking after my daughter when i go into labour so will see them after having baby .. i will be finding this self isolation really hard as i love being out and about and i am soo close to my parents but hopefully if everyone just stays home everything will be okay soon.. my hubby is a BT engineer and considered a key worker thankfully he is off now for a month

are the midwives and health vistors still coming to the house after you have baby???
  • No visits. Just phone calls. 
  • I have a visit on day 5 which is tomorrow for the heel prick test and for them to check my stitches but other than that its just a phone call x
  • My midwife is but some are not there making u go to them and I'm not getting a six week check from health visitor just getting a call unless told other wise
  • I had a visit from Midwife on Sunday, yesterday and she’s back tomorrow. Need to check little man and my stitches from c section, health visitor just called and she’s going to do her new born paper work over the phone on Monday, but if little man hasn’t put enough weight back on she’ll visit on Monday with the scales! 
  • Question I was told after having Daniel to just wash with water with Daniel but I ended up needing stitches. This time round they never said anything like that as I didn't tear and didn't need stitches have any off u been told they can use shampoo and shower gel straight after birth
  • You can use shampoo and shower gel etc they told me to just use water down there but I had stitches again. They said I could bathe with salt or aloe vera gels. 
  • Ok I forgot to ask
  • Hi everyone, we thought it was time to kick off the March 2020 Babies thread. Please do come over to this new thread, tell us how you guys are doing and we'd love to see some new pics of the babies. 
    To those who are due, you are so welcome to come over to - no rules, whatever takes your fancy. 
    Once we think all the babies have been born, we will close this thread, so please do head over as soon as you can.
    Stay safe x
  • I had my little girl yesterday Nyla Rose Hazell weighing 6lb 9 i was  1 week over due .. 3 hours in labour and i got to have my water birth happy baby happy mummy 
  • Congratulations she’s gorgeous 
  • Aww @Babymama690 congratulations she is gorgeous x
  • Adorable! 3 hours is amazing. I'm 4 days over and feeling pretty heavy. Hopefully i follow your lead haha. Enjoy your little beauty xx
  • congrats @Babymama690 so jealous of your water birth! Was my ideal choice! Hope you are both well xx
  • @Babymama690 that looks amazing! Congratulations on your little girl :heart:

Please can we ask all of you a question - we would really love your help with this. 
    Since Corona, were there any restrictions/changes on how you gave birth? Anything you could tell us would be so helpful. 

Please can we ask all of you a question - we would really love your help with this. 
    Since Corona, were there any restrictions/changes on how you gave birth? Anything you could tell us would be so helpful. 
    I'm still waiting but a friend had her baby in my hospital a few days ago. Only one birth partner may accompany a woman in labour. After the birth they have to leave and can't come back. No visitors. 

I'm not sure what happens when you're released. If they can come meet you or if you have to meet them outside. 

I was allowed one birthing partner only and they were allowed to stay with me throughout as long as they didnt leave. My partner stayed with me and was also able to come down to the post natal ward with me. No one else was allowed in. We were lucky as we got to leave the same day this time. This was in Brighton x
  • Thank you for the replies - and another question, how are you guys, who already have children managing the birth - who is staying with your kids, due to social isolation rules and what not? 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions