Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Talkback: Mum-to-be's pics show how much bigger your bump can get at night

Replies

• I definitely feel the same... By night I feel my tummy has expanded and my skin is stretching to accommodate this. When I wake up in the Morning, my tummy is all in as though I am not pregnant at all!...
  • Yep! Im 9 weeks and in the morning my tummy is almost flat, but by 4pm i have a definite baby bump!
  • I am also 9 weeks 3 days pregnant
    On a morning small squishy bump by the afternoon i look 6 months pregnant
  • I'm 10 weeks an 3 days with my 2and baby an last night looks way more pregnant then this morning I dont even look pregnant freaked me out lol so had to look up why it's doing this!
  • Thanks everyone for your comments. It's so fascinating, isn't it? If any of you are able to take pics showing how much your bump changes from morning to evening, we'd love to see them!
  • I’m 14 weeks & 5 days and this my 1st baby & in the morning my baby bump looks kind small but at night I look like I’m ready to pop why is that ?
  • Hi everyone. I'm 19 weeks 4 days. At 18 weeks my bump was really out, my breast added like 2 cups and i had pains in my nipple. Right now its all gone, the bump is no longer big like it was at 18 weeks, my breast feels normal again, no pain in my nipple, and no pregnancy symptom. I'm really worried my next appointment is in 3 weeks. its my first pregnancy I'm 32 years old.
  • My bump is absolutely massive at the end of the day and also i have an awful tense tight feeling that like permanent. I have to go to bed at 7 and lie down. When I wake in the morning its fine again. I really worry about it. Its my 4th pregnancy but I've recently had 2 miscarriages in a row.

Rabel why is your appointment in 3 weeks you should have a 20 weeks scan. If you are really concerned and feel as though all symptoms are gone contact the day unit for an assessment or your midwife. Symptoms do go up and down.
  • Hi! I am 22 weeks, 38 years old and it is my first pregnancy. I am experiencing the same big bump/ small bump situation and it makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable ( shallow breathing, feeling that I am going to explode and backpain) . In the beginning, this tight feeling gave me some panic attacks but now I've got used to it, in a way. Even if i rest all day or have some minimal physical activity, I will still get a big bump in the afternoon, sometimes earlyer, or it can stay big for 24-36 hours. Does anyone know how to improve this situation? And, if I feel so debilitated now, how will I feel later în my pregnancy? Thank you.
  • Thanks for all your comments.

RABEL: I hope everything went OK at your appointment.

RaluStefana: We suggest you talk to your midwife about how uncomfortable you're feeling. Hope it improves soon.