Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Lucazade

Hi girls, I had salmonella poisoning last week and I am still feeling really weak and not with it even though my sickness has stopped. My midwife has said to drink lucazade instead of water because water just dilutes the already low salt levels and the lucazade will replenish what I've lost. But I've seen that lucazade has caffine in it.

Has anyone else drank lucazade during pregnancy? xxxx

Replies

• hi g/c from baby, i didn't think lucozade had caffeine in, i thought its energy boost came from the glucose. if ppl have to have a glucose test in pregnancy they are made to drink lucozade and also my mw recommended i take a bottle in for whilst i was in labour to keep energy up, she warned against redbull as that is high caffeine so figured lucozade musn't be..... xx
  • Thanks Siany, I think I was just assuming it had caffine. xxx
  • hi thats ok, just found this for u, has the lucozade ingredients on it, to put ur mind at rest xxx

http://www.lucozadeenergychallenge.com/flavoursandfaq.html

appears it does have some caffeine but not much--

"The amount of caffeine in a 380ml bottle is the equivalent to what you would find in a cup of tea, 46mg. So if you're fed up of always having to do the tea run, why not get in a round of Lucozade Energy in?"

xx

[Modified by: siany on November 16, 2009 01:59 PM]

• Hello Vicki,

I posted a similar thrad a couple of months back as when I had morning sickness, the only thing that helped was Lucozade but I was worried I couldnt have it or if I was that it would do damage but all the girls herre advised it was save and I then confirmed this with my midwife.

Sharmy x
  • Hi gc from baby, i suffered with really bad hypermesis in my pregnanice and was hospitalized i was told to drink lucozade by a consultant, it is ok especially good if you are throwing up alot from a tummy bug,
  • Hi gc from baby, i suffered with really bad hypermesis in my pregnanice and was hospitalized i was told to drink lucozade by a consultant, it is ok especially good if you are throwing up alot from a tummy bug,
  • Hiya when i had hypermesis in my last pregnancy original lucozade was an absolute godsend!! It really helped and made me feel lots better. give it a go. hope u feel better xxxx
  • I had sickness bug at 13 weeks - lucazade really helped. Hope you feel better soon
    xxx
    19+1
  • The fizzy Lucozade has a small amount of caffeine in, but the non-fizzy Lucozade Sport doesn't - the Body Fuel or the Hydrosomething one (don't get the Caffeine Boost one as this obviously does!)

Couldn't have lived without it when my sickness was bad!

B xx
  • Hi - just to let you know that I lived on Lucazade for the first 20 weeks of my pregnancy - it was the only thing I could keep down! I averaged about 2 of the smaller bottles of fizzy original flavour every day for 20 weeks! We are fine! I have to say it will make you feel better!

Gem image