Forum home Babies Baby

April 2020 Babies

Hello!

This is a new thread for the lovely people from our Due in April 2020 Birth Club who have given birth to an equally lovely baby, or they're expecting them any time now – and we reckon you deserve a shiny new thread to chat on.

If you've not been part of the Due in April 2020 birth club thread so far, but have a baby born around April 2020, do please feel free to post and join in. 

Don't forget to bookmark the new thread by hitting the green star ⭐️next to the thread title, so you don't miss out on any notifications. 

Replies

• DanielleMFMDanielleMFM admin
    edited Apr 9, 2020 10:38AM
  • Can’t wait to see all your gorgeous new bundles of joy 😍 
  • Also me! I’m here ☺️
  • @WelshGirrl, how are you getting on? Were you able to register your baby’s birth? They have suspended birth registrations here! 
  • @WelshGirrl, how are you getting on? Were you able to register your baby’s birth? They have suspended birth registrations here! 
    I’m good babe just fed up of being stuck in now 😩😭. They’ve been suspended here too😩 xx
  • Are you getting much sleep? I’m feeling very sleep deprived! Do you mind me asking how you are you feeding? 
  • @Sunshine8888. My LG is feeding every 3-4 hours, I’m roughly getting 3 hours sleep a night by the time I’ve settled her and managed to drop back off.. I’m very sleep deprived, even collapsed due to it.. I’m bottle feeding, the breast hurt too much and she didn’t take to it x
  • Same, mine is feeding every 3-4 hours, sometimes more at night! I’m breastfeeding with bottle top ups. It’s exhausting! 
  • Hi everyone, can you help us please? We would love you to come and check out this thread - we are hoping you guys can come and tell us what happens after giving birth and you're sent home from hospital.

We will also be able to ask our MFM GP any questions, if you post them on that thread too - we would so appreciate your help. 

Also, we are looking for your Corona birth stories - any thing you can tell us about your birth stories at hospital would be so helpful - please do post them here, or on the thread above. 

thank you x

• Same, mine is feeding every 3-4 hours, sometimes more at night! I’m breastfeeding with bottle top ups. It’s exhausting! 
    My little girl is 6 days old now and has been mainly breast but had to introduce a few formula top ups too as I can't keep up with her demand and my nipples are so sore! 
    I've been struggling as obviously on my own with her and my 5yr old boy. Their dad has come over today so I can squeeze in a nap. 
    Hope you're all well xxx
  • my little girl is 7 weeks Friday, she’s absolutely gulping 5-6oz down of formula, from 2-1/2-5 hours, tried hungry baby milk but it was too heavy on her belly, but damn I’m tired 😩🙈
  • Coralie is 4 weeks on Thursday and waking every 1.5 hours or less asking for more food! I also developed mastitis so been very unwell.  I am finding breastfeeding so challenging 😭 my poor breasts!!!!
  • Toby is just over 3 weeks old now, time has gone so quickly! 
    I’m feeling SO much better than what I did in that first week. I’m glad I got my VBAC but I ended up having forceps and episiotomy, aaaaaand then I developed piles. I don’t know what was worse, the front or back lol!! I still take that over a section recovery tho. I feel for all the Mamma’s who have needed one, you really do feel shocking afterwards.

Toby is doing so well, feeding like a champ. He never lost any weight on his 5 day check, but I haven’t had him weighed since then as I feel it’s unnecessary contact and he’s most defiantly gaining weight. He sleeps pretty well at night so far, settling down around 9 and then waking 3 hourly for a feed. Gets a little fussy from 5am with wind but nothing too bad. During the day he’s either in the sling or his rocker. I try to get out a couple of times a day, we live on a farm and are exceptionally lucky that there are no footpaths so can isolate safely over about 250 acres!
    I hope you are all doing well and not finding the lockdown with a new baby too hard xx
  • Coralie is 4 weeks on Thursday and waking every 1.5 hours or less asking for more food! I also developed mastitis so been very unwell.  I am finding breastfeeding so challenging 😭 my poor breasts!!!!
    Are you trying hot and cold treatment lovely and massaging the area? I’ve never had mastitis so can only imagine how painful it is, but I do know one of the best things you can do is express and/or feed through it. I know that must be bloody awful tho. My son began wanting boob every hour or so around this age. They go through a growth and development spurt and want to feed feed feed. Download the wonderweeks app if you don’t have it, that really helped me understand the fussy phases that he went through. 
  • Hi ladies sorry to jump on your chat, I was just wondering if you could tell me how your Labour was with being in lockdown? Was your partner allowed to be there during the labour and afterwards? Thank you 
  • Hi everyone, how are you all getting on at home now? We would love to hear from you, and please do share those birth stories - we're really interested to know how things went down. 
  • Hi All,

I am pleased to announce that Dulcie was born on 30th April (5 days overdue). I ended up having an unplanned home birth after I went to the hospital at midnight as my contractions were 3 minutes apart but sent home as I was only 1.5cm dilated and my contractions were low down in my cervix and back and not in my bump. At 2.11 I realised she was actually on her way out and at 2.26 she made her arrival delivered by my partner and sister. The paramedics arrived about 15 minutes later and the midwife an hour after that. Luckily we were both fine and didn’t have to go into hospital. She is now a week old and I feel truly blessed x
  • My little girl is 2 months old today.. where the bloody hell does time go 😭  I honestly would do my labor all over again if I could cut out the after pains😂 I hope everyone’s staying safe ❤️
  • Awww well done @XxMariexx that's amazing! Lovely name. Do you have a pic?
    Oh wow @WelshGirrl that's gone quick! Xxx