Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

What is this serious new child illness? Is it connected to coronavirus and could it affect my child?

SystemSystem mod
edited Apr 29, 2020 7:57AM in Article comments

imageWhat is this serious new child illness? Is it connected to coronavirus and could it affect my child?

The NHS has issued an alert to doctors about a serious children's illness that could be caused by coronavirus. But how common is it – and what symptoms do parents need to look out for?

Read the full story here

Replies

• A couple of weeks ago my little lady was very poorly. We took photos and she was assessed by her GP and it was felt she had measles - despite being in lockdown and having had her MMR - we are now wondering if she actually had this new virus?! She had a prolonged high temp and was very irritable with rash - coming and going, we felt allergy/sun burn (despite having been sun creamed) initially and then it spread down her body in a measles style infection. We ignored 111 advice to take her to A&E because we were too scared of any of us contracting coronavirus - on retrospect, we should have taken her in. Luckily she has recovered from the virus, but has been left vulnerable and has now got bacteria tonsillitis. Where we did have to take her into hospital, Which was a smooth easy stress free experience. The Dr thinks her immunity is low from the previous virus. She has never been poorly before, and is normally a very healthy little lady.
  • Thanks for your comment, MrsFish. And we hope your little girl feels fully better soon.
    It's good to hear that taking your baby to A&E wasn't stressful: the doctors keep telling us hospitals are open as normal for non-corona emergencies but it's brilliant to hear you confirm that and tell us that everything went smoothly.