Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Am I miscarrying? HCG levels rising very slowly.

Hi all, 

I’m quite concerned as my first pregnancy resulted in a blighted ovum at 6 weeks in October. Since then, I decided to request that my doctor monitor my HCG levels occasionally. He is not concerned by my levels, however, I am reading the worst things online. Does this look like a miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy to you? I don’t know how I’ll go through another one. :(

January 29 - 1673 
February 3 - 4591 (115 hours after)
February  - 6375 (48 hours after) 

I am currently about 6 weeks and 2 days (first date of late period was Dec 23). I was so excited by this unexpected blessing and can’t fathom it is going away on me already. :( I head read that the numbers are supposed to double every 48-72 hours in early pregnancy but then I also read they slow down past 1000 to 2000 or so. 

Does anyone have advice? I am almost certain it is not working out at this point.  Thank you. Xox 

Replies

• hun DO NOT look things up online itll only stress u out and stress is bad for the baby.....if  ur dr thinks its ok then relax hun <3 all u can do is relax and see what happens......i just had a miscarriage and i was 4w and 6d and my HCG was only 25 so i think ur ok hun <3 just relax and hope for the best <3 my inbox is open anytime <3
  • My hcg level is only 156. I am 4 weeks pregnant. Doc says it is very low can be considered as very weak pregnancy. She asked me to go for ultrasound. Hope everything goes well😕
  • I'm so sorry u have been told that, but at 4+0 it's still within norm. Depending how many days into 4 weeks are u it maybe considered low. With this much hcg ultrasound will show absolutely nothing. You need 3 blood tests 48h apart to see hcg doubling. At this stage, it's only way to determine viability of pregnancy.