Forum home Toddlers & older children Children's health

Help need advice please

My daughter is three weeks old and a few days ago started making a grunting/ throat clearing noise. Gradually shes been doing it more and more to the point where its waking her up everytime she falls asleep. I spoke to a doctor who said it was colic and called my midwife today and she had never heard a baby make this noise before therefore cant say what's wrong. I dont know what to do my poor baby hasnt slept all day and is exhausted 😪. She hasnt even had her bedtime feed shes that tierd.
Any one else had this problem ??

Replies

• I would speak to the doc again. Colic isn't like that not from my experience anyway both mine had colic. Mention what the midwife said aswel. Aww poor baby hope she's OK and is getting abit more sleep. Xx
  • Colic shouldnt really have them making that sort of noise its more pain. How about reflux? It could be a silent reflux?
    i would contact the gp Again and see what they say and dont let them fob you off tell them it needs to be sorted. Is it when she is laid down or just alseep or all the time?