Forum home General Chat Products & best buys

All-in-one Travel System for all-terrain country walks. Please help!

Hi.
I am desperate for help and have spent hours going around in circles trying to research suitable all-in-one systems.
Can anyone recommend suitable all-in-one travel systems that I can use from birth? I need something that can manage long cross-country and beach walking over various terrains and preferably be pushed one-handed as I need to walk our dog at the same time.
I’ve looked at various websites and reviews and am finding it so confusing because I find something that sounds ideal and then realise you have to buy the car seat/carry cot/base for car seat separately.
I want something that doesn’t require me buying extra parts which are essential. I am also shielding due to health conditions so even if Lockdown gets eased soon, I won’t be able to leave the house - limiting me to online buying and not being able to try before I buy!
Please note - I know many of you will tell me to get a sling/harness instead for carrying baby while walking dog but due to slight cerebral palsy I have issues with my balance and would definitely not risk the dog pulling me over while carrying baby!

Replies

• Hi @Cesca2 welcome to the forum. We have an article about all terrain buggies here which might help. 
    If we understand your post correctly, most buggies have to be bought with all their parts, like the carrycot and car seat etc separately, but some big baby-retailers will do you a travel system bundle, if you buy everything from them, where everything will be included - hope that makes sense! 

You can get some buggies, where the carrycot (baby needs to be able to lie flat for the first 6 months or so) transforms into the seat of the buggy - like the iCandy Peach, iCandy Lime and the Bugaboo Fox (the Fox is all terrain and has great one handed steering), but there aren't many of these. Also, for the car seat, if you have ISOFIX in your car, you will only need to install the base the one time and the car seat can clip in and out. 

We know having to buy online without testing buggies out can feel really overwhelming, but if you can have any more questions, we can try and answer them for you, or at least put you in the right direction. 
  • Thanks for your reply, Danielle. I’ve had a good read of the article you mentioned and found it useful.
  • Oh I am so glad I found this post! I have really spent hours trying to find a travel system to get, I am nervous about ordering online without trying. 
    I had seen a mamas and papas one I like, but then the ickle bubba one is quite a bit less money.....is that because it is not as good quality? Also I saw the website online4baby had loads of deals but they seem to be loads of bits for less money which doesn't make sense to me. Is it better to pay more? X
  • I love silver cross surf 3 u should check it out. Amazing one hand drive and wheel switch fit terrain. 
  • Oh thanks @MadDoda, will have a look! Hope you're ok :)
  • Im OK, in the middle of exams. Hope u are nice and healthy too. Don't know if u seen thread in general chat, pop in sometimes x
  • Really hope the exams are going ok! I sometimes look at the TTC bit and recognise the odd name but would love to catch up properly. Time is going so fast! X
  • SmithL35 said:
    Oh I am so glad I found this post! I have really spent hours trying to find a travel system to get, I am nervous about ordering online without trying. 
    I had seen a mamas and papas one I like, but then the ickle bubba one is quite a bit less money.....is that because it is not as good quality? Also I saw the website online4baby had loads of deals but they seem to be loads of bits for less money which doesn't make sense to me. Is it better to pay more? X
    @SmithL35Are you looking for a particular cross terrain travel system, or just general travel systems? 
    Paying more doesn't tend to equal a better product - it's the same with everything, different budgets for different brands really - sorry that's not helpful! 
    We do thorough testing of all the buggies we review on the site - just go here and type in the search bar, what you might be looking for: MadeForMums Reviews
    Alos - The Baby Show are doing a free virtual exhibition this weekend and we will be there, doing a talk about finding the right buggy for you - you can check it out here

• Hi @DanielleMFM thanks for much for your comment. I will check out the Baby Show, so exciting! :)
  • Good Morning!
    if you are looking for a truely all terrain pushchair you are unlikely to find one in a package deal. They are not the traditional choice for a travel system. Although most travel systems with a big wheel will be ok on paths and grass they will not manage round ground that well.

have a look at venicci packages, they come with a carrycot and car seat and have a nice big wheel and suspension.

for a truly all terrain have a look at the following

mountain buggy swift - you can add a carrycot but it is suitable from birth. It will also take a carseat . Maxi cosi car seats will fit pretty much anything so they are a safe option and also a very good seat. (Cybex, joie and besafe will also fit the majority of prams)

out and about nipper is very reasonably priced, again it is suitable from birth but you can add a car seat and carrycot.

phil and teds sport is a fab option that can also be used as a double at a later date. The double seat can also be used to make a parent facing seat unit. There is a fab offer on their website at the moment which has a free double seat and lazy ted (makes the double seat a baby bouncer) you can add a carrycot also if you want too. You are a little more limited with car seat options but a maxi seat will fit.

If budget is no issue have a look at the bugaboo fix and icandy all terrain. These are top of the range but do offer lots of features

lots of shops are offering video appointments to talk theough products too. Check out the made for mums reviews and youtube for a closer look. 
  • SmithL35 said:
    Oh I am so glad I found this post! I have really spent hours trying to find a travel system to get, I am nervous about ordering online without trying. 
    The ickle bubba travel system is very reasonably priced. However in a cheaper travel systems you may find that the car seat is not as good quality as those in other bundles. The mamas and papas bundles tend to include a cybex carseat which have very vwry good adac (indeendent crash testing scores) also the fabrics and features may be different. For example the ickle bubba stomp is a two in one carrycot, you take the carrycot fabrics off to put the seat fabrics on. This means that the carrycot is not suitable for over night sleeping. You also have to take the seat unit off when parent facing to fold the pushchair. In comparison the mamas and papas ocarro will fold with the seat on when parent or world facing. It has a separate carrycot too. Its all about working out what is your budjet and then getting the best you can for your money! 
  • Thank you so much for your reply, very helpful! :)